Other Tablets:

Cons

Kindle FIre

from Boerne, TX

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

I really like this Kindle Fire. It is easy to read and I play on it all the time. Too much time to be honest. I got mine in purple with all the accessories in purple also.

Battery Life
I most of the time have it plugged in. I can use it for long periods of time, while I check email or go to Amazon. Whatever, it will let me know when I need to plug it in if I don't already have it on.

Processing Speed
It doesn't take long for whatever I am looking for to come up. Just a few seconds for an app to come up.

Weight
It is a bit heavy for my hands, but I can lay it down and use it just fine.

App Availability
Lots of apps to find. The games are great.

It looks good and sleek. The color is great and is easy to carry. The screen is clear and easy to read. To read a book on it is easy and turning the pages are quick.

I thought I lost this, but it had fallen down in my recliner. I found it when I couldn't get the recliner to lay back. It was stuck in there, I was worried it got damaged, but only the holder got messed up a bit. Works like a charm.

Another Great One!

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

I love anything Amazon. This is a great tablet to have for reading books. It is versatile in the types of book downloads that are available to you. When I owned this tablet I was very happy with it and still use it from time to time.

Battery Life
The battery life somewhat decent. Because of the graphics, it uses up the battery fairly quickly, so best to have the charger with you.

Processing Speed
Pretty fast processing speeds. I like that you can do other stuff while downloading and it won't interfere at all with the speed of the device. Some other products promise that, but this one delivers on that promise.

Weight
It is not heavy at all, in fact it is barely noticeable when you are carrying it around.

App Availability
Tons and tons of different apps that are either reasonably priced or free. I love free. On the site, (amazon.com) even some of the books they have a free, however you do have to look pretty hard to find some that interest you.

I love the design of this tablet. Very simple and not complicated at all.

Holding up pretty goods so far!

My first tablet

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

I received a Kindle Fire tablet as a gift for Mother's Day. I don't have anything to compare it with since I've never had a tablet before, but I am very happy with it so far. I love the sound quality and the picture quality; I enjoy looking at pictures on it and watching movies. It is very thin and lightweight, so I also enjoy reading books on it.

Battery Life
I have never timed how long I go without charging, but it lasts so long that I hardly need to think about charging it. I know it lasts me at least a week.

Processing Speed
I am very happy with the processing speed.

Weight
This Kindle is lightweight which makes it easy to carry around, and also to use for reading books.

App Availability
I only have about 15 apps on my tablet, but I've been able to find everything I wanted so far.

I don't have any other designs to compare this with since it's my first tablet, but I'm happy with it.

I've only had it for three months, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Kindle Fire - basic tablet

from Webster, MA

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy my kindle fire - but there are something's you just can't do ! It's not practical for business use, many apps just won't work with it )that's a real shame) no camera & I still need my old kindle to read outdoors. However, for reading indoors, browsing the web, email and "candy crush" it's a nice little basic tablet. The battery drains fairly quickly as well.

Battery Life
Runs down quickly & I almost never leave anything open or in the carousel.

Pretty quick!

It's lightweight

App Availability
A lot of apps simply don't work on it

Comparable to most others it's size

I've had it for 2 years now & it looks & functions fine - of course I keep a pretty durable cover on it

• App Availability:

First experience with a tablet

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

I have finally entered the tablet world. Even though I am an Apple enthusiast their tablets were far too expensive for me. Enter this Kindle. So far I have been very impressed with how easy it was to set up, purchase apps, and manipulate through the screens. Of course, as with most electronics the battery life could be much improved.

Battery Life
I am not running many draining apps and still I cannot get through half my workday without a recharge. I took all the battery saving tips and saw just a slight improvement

Processing Speed
Excellent speed for downloading books and videos. I tutor students in the evening, and their phonics clips and stories download within seconds

Weight
I bought a cover with a stand so this is not a huge issue for me. Seems comparable to my sister's IPad. Lightweight enough to carry it in my handbag

App Availability
I was slightly disappointed to not be able to download Instagram app. I'm not a huge gamer so the handful of apps I wanted( card games, social media ) were available

Sleek with a great screen, the buttons are easy to access both in horizontal and vertical mode

I have only owned my kindle for a short time, but it seems durable. I did purchase a screen protector and cover immediately after purchasing

• App Availability:

Kindle Fire HDX easy to use!

from Richfield, WI

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

Love my Kindle! It is so easy to use. The color is great, apps are easy to download and use. I love the touchscreen. I was worried about changing from a real book to an e-book, but it is so easy to read and buy books, and flip the pages. I love the portability of the Kindle. I take it everywhere!

A good starter tablet

from Brooke tx

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

I purchased this tablet for my 6 year old. Bought it mainly for game usage and to watch movies on. I occasionally use it myself on Facebook or email. Its a good tablet for gaming mostly. The app store does have quiet a bit of free apps for free. I would not recommend for everyday use. It gets stuck sometimes and doesn't load pages right or give you too many options. It is good for watching or streaming movies on since its just on a stand still position. Would recommend as a first time tablet or for children since its easy to use and not too many options on it that will make it confusing.

Battery Life
The battery life isn't that great. I tend to charge it for a while pretty often.

Weight
Its not as light and thin as other tablets so it is a bit heavier but its not too bad.

its solid black but not as thin like a lot of other ones. But making it a bit thicker makes it a bit more durable in my opinion for children.

• App Availability:

Great price, better than other tablets, works Great!

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

This tablet is not only amazing for reading, but has the same features as an ipad and is much much cheaper. The downloads are exceptionally faster, and the display is high definition, with more pixels than the apple retina display. It looks amazing and the only flaw is that several games lag on it and are choppy display wise.

Battery Life
When reading books the kindle fire has great battery life, but when watching movies, downloading things, or playing game. The brightness also affects the battery life. The battery seems to go down fairly quickly like any other tablet. It's battery life is like any other tablet except that it takes longer to charge.

Processing Speed
This tablet is pretty fast, but lots of its features depends on the internet because it is connected through amazon. It's processing speed is as fast as the ipad, but it could be better.

Weight
The weight of this tablet is amazing. It is very light, easy to carry in one hand. It is proven to be much lighter than the ipad air - the lightest ipad.

App Availability
Obviously there is not as big of app selection as apple because everything is through amazon, but it is pretty good for something that evolved from a simple reading device. Another problem is that many apps, mostly games, require addition downloads and plugins in order to use them.

The design is somewhat original, slick, light weight, great display. It has more pixels than the ipad and is in high definition with great graphics.

It works great with a stylus, but fingers leave marks, just like on any other tablet. It has the same durability as other tablets, but it is better than other tablets because it costs less.
I have not dropped it yet, but judging by the look of it , it seems like the kindle fire hdx 7" can outlast a drop or two.

love my kindle fire hdx

Comments about Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet:

Really love my kindle allthough I am not too impressed with the camera as it is only a front view camera. I am not very big on taking selfies. Have not used the mayday feature but it could come in handy one day. All in all kindle makes a good product. I would reccomend this to any one who loves to read, watch videos,likes to play games ...ect.

Battery Life
have not had any problems with the battery. Just have to make sure the brightness is not up too high.

Processing Speed
no complaints about the processing speed.

Weight
very light weight a big improvement from my first kindle fire.

App Availability
do not have many problems finding aps that i need. There have been a few aps that I had to back door to down load as they were not offered in the amazon ap store.

like the design esp. I can not turn up and down volume easily. The first kindle I had was a bit difficult.

seems quite durable. have droped it a couple of times and it keeps on ticking. Although I do have it in a case.