Other e-Readers:
D00801
Amazon Kindle DX

Amazon Kindle DX

The KindleDX is even better than the original Kindle

I have owned a Kindle since it originally came out but only used it a few times while on vacation.  Then recently a friend bought me the Kindle DX as a present and I have to say, I like it much better than the original Kindle.  The largest display really helps me feel like it is more like a book than the smaller format did.  I also really like how it displays the percentage completion.  I find that to be an excellent motivator to keep reading.

The display is great and very easy on the eyes.  I have also been using black leather cover and a itty bitty book light both of which really enhance the experience.

For anyone who is on the edge about the Kindle DX, I highly recommend it!

Bulky and expensive, after seeing other kindles w/ same features

I am not in love with this product. I received it as a gift, very expensive and bulky, especially with all the other ooption avialble now.

Lasts...Read complete review

Lasts quite a while, but not with wi-fi on

Able borrow library books, connect with amazon and buy books easily

easy to read in sunlight, wish I didn't need a separate light to read in dark

once you use it on a regular basis much easier to navigate, help option is very helpful

toggle is not the best option for me for ease of use

it has traveled alot with me and hsa taken its bumps and works well

Amazon make good products

from Guanica, PR

About Me Frequent Traveler, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Durable
  • Easy To Read
  • Good Screen Quality

Cons

• Limited Storage

• Entertainment
  • Everyday
  • Travel

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I'm really happy with the kindle, make my travelings more funny and hae a good quality.

• Was this a gift?:

the master of all readers

from egypt

About Me Frequent Traveler, Practical, Student

Pros

• Easy To Read
  • flexable
  • Good Compatibility
  • Good Screen Quality
  • Great Software Bundle
  • Long Battery Life
  • time saving

• Academics
    • Commutting
    • Everyday
    • Travel

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

kindle dx in my openion is the master of all ebook readers i have kindle touch which is good for reading stories but if you are academic or want to study especially if you want to read two column book you should own 9.7 inch e reader
    i n my openion the ereader which may have superiority on kindle dx is onyx boox m92 which has advantage by its touch screen and also you can write on the page other that kindle dx in my openion has no Competitor

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Tablet

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

Very easy to use. My husband loves his Kindle. It comes with apps and you can download more.

Battery Life
    Battery on this lasts for 8 hours. Recharges quick.

Book Choices/Variety
    Book Choices are real good. You get free books and can also purchase them. you can download games books do your emails watch videos and more. Its a lot smaller to take the kindle with you than a laptop. You can put it in your purse or pocket.

Readability
    The Kindle is very easy to see and read from. No glare at all.

Its so easy to use. You can add any apps you want and its easy to do. My husband got this for Christmas. He is not a computer friendly person. He has no problem downloading the books or any other apps he wants. It does not come with a manual but you can get a free one on line and you can print it out.

the design is slim and it looks a lot more than it cost.

The Durability on this kindle I think is great. My husband did drop it and nothing happened at all. No nicks no dents no lost data.

The best E-reader

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I simply love it. The touch keys are fairly easy to use but I do not like how tiny they are. It is nice to be able to tout the book as great for older people because the font size can be made quite large, however, the buttons are extremely tiny and someone with aging eye sight would not be able to read the keys to make the print larger. Kindle just started a lending library today. I am not sure how it works yet. Over all I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to any one who wanted to buy an e-reader.

Battery Life
    The battery life is 2=3 hours.

Book Choices/Variety
    A huge variety of books are there and some of them are free. There are also great priced books and an incredible library to choose from. I like how the bottom of the screen shows how far you are in the book but wish there was a way it could have pages versus percentage.

Readability
    The screen is crystal clear.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to navigate It is very lightweight and easy to hold in the lap. The arrow keys are on the sides, conveniently placed for your fingers to flip the pages.

• Readability:

Wonderful way to transport an entire library everywhere you go.

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I love my Kindle. I am an avid reader, and I did resist purchasing an e-reader due to being a self-proclaimed traditionalist when it came to books. I love the feel and smell of a new book. I love the sense of accomplishment that I get when I can close a book I have just finished reading. But with hard copies of books comes the predicament of where to put all those books. This is when I invested in a Kindle for practical reasons. I can store an entire library in a small device. For practical reasons alone, the Kindle DX is worth every penny paid. The keyboard also makes it incredibly easy to search for what I want.

Wonderful!

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

Very easy to read my favorite books and I no longer have to carry a bunch with me on vacation. All I need is my kindle! I used to carry a lot of books on vacation and it took up a lot of room, now I no longer need to do that. Also, its easy to be discrete as to what I am reading.

not a fan

from Jefferson, GA

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I really did not care for this kindle. It is very dull looking and is difficult to you use. I got very confused on how to get to books. The fact it is black and white did not help and can hurt your eyes after a while. I much prefer to use a touch screen kindle. It makes for a wonderful reading experience.

Bulky and expensive, after seeing other kindles w/ same features

it has traveled alot with me and hsa taken its bumps and works well

Lovin' the Kindle DX!!

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I bought the DX knowing that it was bigger than the other Kindles out there at the time. I wanted something big, and durable, and this fits every need I have! I had bought a protective case for it, but decided not to use it. Occasionally when you hold the DX, you may accidently hit one of the buttons and that can be frustrating at times, but you learn where to hold your hands. I suggest buying the easel for this, because it is rather heavy and starts to become overbearing, and just having the easel option available is so convenient! I love how there is no glare on the pages and books load real quick! ! The battery life lasts longer if you turn off the Wi-Fi setting when you do not need to be connected. i bought the charcoal colored Kindle so it hides dirt and all better than the white one. Highly recommended!

Battery Life
    Battery lasts a long time. Can go days, and sometime a whole week, depending on how many hours you are reading, without a recharge. The battery lasts longer if you disable the wi-fi settings when you are not using them.

Book Choices/Variety
    Good variety of books, in all price ranges. Many well-known titles and not-so-well-known titles. Loading onto the kindle is fast and easy! Just wish that the prices of more popular titles were a little less expensive.

Readability
    Very easy to read, even in direct sunlight! The kindle comes with a glossary and dictionary and you can even bookmark your pages.

I am not very tech-savvy but this was easy to navigate! Very user-friendly and quick to respond!

Nice design, workable, but touch screen (which is now available) would be nicer just for the fact that you do not turn any pages by accident when switching hands while holding the kindle.

Very durable! I handle my kindle rather roughly and it comes back to me unscathed!! No scratches, no broken keys/display. Unsure of how it handles in extreme temperatures though, so be wary if you leave it in your car in the winter or dead of summer.

Read More With No Hassle

from Bellmore, NY

Comments about Amazon Kindle DX:

I am an avid reader and love to take a book with me cause it seems like I am always waiting for someone of something and especially if you are in a doctors office physical therapy or even sitting in the car to pick someone up this is fantastic
    It can fit in your bag and no problem you will never run out of books to read and can also be the first one of your friends to read new books while some are waiting for them to arrive in the mail and others getting them from the library.
    If you are not an avid reader this will get you hooked. My friends all ask me for advice on what books to get and now I can help them and they love it.
    A great investment and can be shared by all members of the family

have not had a problem

Book Choices/Variety
    I get to read all thee best sellers and my favorite authors never have to waitl

Readability
    you can make it bigger or smaller so no problems for your eyes

even a beginner like me was able to figure it out quickly

light and compact

seems to be holding up fine and I have it in a case so it is great