3.3

Cons

Cool Quiet Less Noise

from Canton, OH

Comments about Amana Freezer Bottom Refrigerator ABB1921WEW:

Love my Amana frig....the bottom freezer is the best . multiple moveable shelves makes for ease of findind things and cleaning

Noise Level
nice and quiet motor

Interior Organization
Adjust to you liking

Temperature Control
i have set it and forgot it

every thing can be removed for good cleaning

if the grandkids can't hurt it ....well

Love the bottom freezer....very little bending to get to things

Amana Refrigerator ABB2224WEW1 What I Thought I Wanted In A Frig

from Chambersburg, PA

Comments about Amana Freezer Bottom Refrigerator ABB1921WEW:

In June of 2012, we had a thunderstorm in our neighborhood. I really didn't think it was that bad of a storm but we had this one bad lightning strike. You know the kind that makes you sit straight up in a chair and makes the dog run for cover. To our surprise, the lightning strike took out our central AC and kitchen refrigerator.

Honestly I was never in love with our Kenmore side by side with ice and water on the door. There were too many repair bills for the ice machine. The freezer was too small. I was always moving stuff to find stuff because there never seem to be enough room. It seemed that the water filter always was needing changed and I always worried how safe it was to drink water from a tube that dispensed the water that was opened at one end and could never be cleaned.

I was lucky enough to have another refrigerator in my rec room to move all my perishables to. This gave me some time to research a new refrigerator. I knew it wouldn't be another side by side. I wanted a bottom freezer refrigerator. After many hours in several stores, I settled on this refrigerator.

I have found many time with appliances, electronics, cars...etc. that you truly don't know if you like what you have just bought until you get it home and play with it. I found this also to be true with this refrigerator.

There are many things I love about this refrigerator. It is very roomy. I also like the bins on the doors that providing so much space for bottles and the lowest one can hold 4 gallons of milk. I use it to hold milk and gallon containers of juice or tea. The two pull out drawers for fruit and vegetables are clear and easy to see as soon as the door open. The controls are easy to use. The shelves and interior clean easily. I love having every thing at eye level. The freezer is very roomy. I'm able to double the amount of items I put in this freezer compared to the side by side. This freezer makes ice very fast and isn't noisy when it draws water for the ice maker.

Here are the cons. The meat and cheese drawer is too small. With the ice being produced very fast, I'm always turning off the ice machine because the bin is too small. Yes, there is a lever to turn of the ice machine but it doesn't seem to turn off until the bin is very full. With that in mind, sometimes ice cubes fall in the back of the freezer and with the basket set up in the freezer, an ice cube is very hard to retrieve. There is no way to pull the bin out completely without removing screws. Thank goodness, I have long arms but I almost have to stand on my head to put my hand under the freezer drawer and in the back of the freezer. Let it be known that the brand is Amana but it's made by Whirlpool. I have had many Whirlpool appliances. They all were very durable. I was so impressed. What didn't impress me was that I had to call a repairman not even 6 months after purchase. The refrigerator was ponding water on the bottom and forming ice. It was also make a terrible noise when the fan was running. For some reason, the design of the defrost pan is on the back of the freezer, not the bottom. There is no way to empty it. The problem was the defrost pan was frozen solid with ice for some unknown reason. That was 6 weeks ago. I was told by the repairman to watch it.

I have mixed emotions about if I would buy this refrigerator again. If this repair is just a fluke and there are no more repairs, I would probably buy it. the pros out way the cons. The other cons I can work with. I'm just hope this refrigerator don't come to haunt me.

Interior Organization
The deli drawer is too small

Only have had it 7 months

• Temperature Control:

VERY SPACIOUS BUT THE FRIDGE PART QUIT WORKING!

Comments about Amana Freezer Bottom Refrigerator ABB1921WEW:

I BOUGHT THIS FRIDGE IN 2010 AND THIS AUGUST THE FRIDGE PART STOPPED WORKING, THIS LEFT ME WITH A WORKING FREEZER SO I HAVEN'T THROWN IT AWAY YET. I WANT TO TRY AND PAY TO HAVE IT FIXED AND USE IT AS A BACK-UP!