Other Kitchen Ranges:

Amana Freestanding Electric Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

Almost everything I was hoping for

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

As I finished seeing my 30 year old GE range to the end of it's life, I dreamed of a glass top range, something where spills didn't have anywhere to run off and hide to. When the GE died, I of course went on the hunt for a glass top that I could afford, and that brought me to my Amana!

I have been pleased with my all white Amana range, and it's been almost everything I have been hoping for. Keeps spills where they can be easily cleaned up, the oven is more spacious than my previous range, and instant heat! The only thing I feel that I am missing is a more sturdier drawer that has full sized walls all the way around, not just the front panel, and wouldn't bend out of shape so easily. I have to be very careful when using the storage drawer, in fear of ruining it.

• Heat Distribution:

this electric range is a good buy

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

we purchased the amana freestanding electric range to replace a very very old range that was circa 1976. we are very pleased with this range. it has a digital clock timer for the oven which works very nicely and is easy to reset after daylight savings and winter time changes plus the odd power cut. the cooktop itself is very responsive and each heats up very quickly and evenly. we do find it a little hard to keep clean which means it has to be cleaned very regularly the oven is large and had a big glass window for checking on food plus a light option that lets you check on the food without having to open the door. overall i would recommend this range.

Decent stove

from Brimfield, MA

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

This is my 2nd Amana in this house. My first one was 10 1/2 years ago and it worked fine, except that one of the burners never heated up as well as the other 3. I always wondered if it was because we got it at Home Depot. I don't know why that would make a difference, but still, it made me wonder. I was able to use 3 burners and I used the 4th broken one, just to keep things warm. 2 years ago, one of the kids dropped a plate from the microwave that was hot and it slammed into the top of the glasstop and broke. We replaced this stove with another Amana because of the price which was around 300.00. I had high hopes that all four burners would work, but guess what? Yep, you guessed it. Once again, only 3 of the 4 burners worked and once again, we had purchased it at Home Depot. This time I decided that it's just the manufacturer and I will never buy another Amana stove again. I give it a satisfactory because I cooked lots of great meals on my stoves, but am I asking too much to buy a stove and get what I pay for and have all four burners working? All I can say is if you are on a limited budget, like my family, get one and it will work, but don't expect that all the features will work perfectly. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. There won't be a third time from me.

Heat Distribution
See above.

I mean it's a stove. Short of dropping heavy items on the glass top range, or pushing it out of a 2 story window, it won't break. But who cares? Does anyone go looking for a stove and the first thing they think is "I sure want a durable stove." You want tons of other things, but durability does not come to mind here.

I mean again, it's a stove, not a piece of art. It's square. Yah, fine, I'll give them props, they make a great square-shaped stove at Amana.

• Heat Distribution:

Works great, beware the heat!

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

This oven is wonderfull. It heats up fairly quickly and the top is easy to clean. Though sometimes if there is burnt food, I have to scrub a bit. This occurs less often than other stoves because normally I can just brush the food off, so very easy access to clean this. The inside his very spacious and you can move the racks around. It's even large enough for a huge thanksgiving turkey! There is a red light that goes on when the stove is hot but beware! Because there are no coils it is easy to forget that it can be (very) hot. So watch your hands and dish towels!

• Heat Distribution:

This product continues to impress

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

I am quite fond of this range. The stainless steel front wipes clean easily after each use, and the surface stands up after repeated scrubbings. At first I was skeptical using a not so well known appliance. I was proved wrong.

Temperature Control
WHile the oven part of this range seems to be spot on as far as temperature goes, it seems as though the eyes are always a little bit hot. I feel as though I can never get a good simmer even on low.

Heat Distribution
I have only experienced even baking fro this Amana range. Excellent!!

As with the other units I have review recently, I have only had this Amana range for less than a year, so I cannot find it in myself to give it a "very good" rating.

Thiis Amana range looks very sleek and sophisticated with its stainless stell exterior. It compliments any decor quite well.

This range cleans up quite well. The self cleaning option is a lifesaver and the smooth glass on the cook top is amazingly easy to scrub.

• Heat Distribution:

I love my new Amana range!

from Mocksville, NC

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

I love my new Amana range!  I love the smooth top surface and overall appearance. I bought model number AER5830 in August 2010.  My previous range was an electric coil Frigidaire and it was probably the worst range I've ever seen.  I had to bake everything on the very top rack or it would burn on the bottom and not cook on the top.  The Amana oven cooks perfectly and the timing by recipies is very precise.  The digital controls for the oven are very easy to use and also includes a lock for the oven for those who may have small children. The radiant smooth top surface is wonderful and cooks very evenly.  The only negative thing I can find with this range is that I purchased it in black and it shows dust very easily (I live in a rural area and have birds so dust is an issue for me)  I am very happy with this stove and I didn't have to spend a fortune for quality.  This is an exceptional range for an exceptional price!

Pretty Good Oven

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

We bought a 30 inch self-cleaning electric range in stainless look finish.We've had this for about three months now and really like it. It has a nice size window to look into the oven and a light that prevents you from having to open the door a lot to see if something is finished cooking or not. The four burners are good size and they heat up fast. It has two small red lights, one to let you know if the burner is heating ( or still on) and another to let you know if the stove is still hot or not after you turn the burners off. It has a clock and kitchen timer on top, very easy to set. Also has the settings for the oven in digital form at the same location. The only problem I have had with the oven so far is that the stovetop has been difficult to clean. I've never had an electric range before with a glass ceramic cooktop, so maybe that is normal. Sometimes it seems to clean well and other times I feel like I'll never get it clean. Other than that, I'm very glad that we purchased this oven.