4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

Plain & Simple: It was cheap, so I bought it!

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

Okay, let me preface this by saying right out, I did no research before purchasing! I bought solely based on initial cost of the dryer. I have used this dryer daily for a year now for a family of five, while it's not the prettiest or most efficient model on the line, it gets the job done reliably! This machine is so simple my Husband is not afraid of it, though I wish he did understand the neccessity of the delicates cycle.

Load Capacity
Holds a ton of clothes, but my Husband overloads it and increases the drying time on a regular basis! I give it a med/large load from it's matching washer and it does the job just fine.

It could dry faster, and it's not the most energy efficient of appliances, but it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to own either. It has handled probably three loads a day for the past year without fail.

Simple! It's settings are plainly displayed on an easy to see dial setter. You very easily set it and press start, I even let my kids operate it.

While I've only owned this appliance for a year, it has done the laundry of five people daily during that time. If I was part of a young couple looking for affordable appliances, this would be on the top of my list.

Some folks might be looking for a futuristic feel in their appliances, this is not the model for them! If you want plain and simple this is the one!

• Load Capacity:

Great value with good capacity

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

I've had my dryer for a little while now and I am very pleased with it. I didn't need a fancy dryer, as I am a single woman and it doesn't make sense to have a different setting for jeans vs cottons as I wouldn't have enough clothing to make that efficient. This dryer can dry very large loads -- in fact, it can hold more than my washer, and still get the clothing dry without having to run a longer cycle. The lint screen is easily accessible.

I love that I can put all of my clothes in and set it to auto-dry and forget about them. They are always dry at the end of the cycle. If you prefer, you can set the dryer to alert you when the cycle is over; it will continue to tumble the clothes to prevent wrinkles until you can retrieve them. Even better, especially in the winter, you can turn the alert off and the dryer will shut off when the clothes are dry, and they will stay warm, so you can have warm jammies in the evening.

I think this model is particularly durable because it is built fairly simply -- there's not a lot of bells and whistles, which means less things which can go wrong.

It is easy to clean and the wide-front opening means that I can toss clothing items from the washer to the dryer quickly, and let's face it, no one wants to spend all day doing the laundry. The flat surface on top gives a great area to fold clothes, which is great, particularly if you have a small laundry room with no dedicated folding space, as I do.

Overall great dryer.

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

Handles excessive use with ease. Drys quickly with smaller loads, larger loads may need extra time. Lint trap removes easy for cleaning. Settings and instructions displayed clearly in easy to read font. Dryer door came loose easy, but does not affect general performance as long as it is shut correctly.

Load Capacity
Allows for most large loads, performance declines the larger the load.

Overall good performance. Drys items faster with smaller loads, but handles larger loads decently only needing slightly more time added.

Settings are simple and easy to understand and use. Plenty of labels and instructions. Lint trap easy to remove and clean.

Handles daily use well. The amount of use ours gets has done it's toll with the door, but it is still standing in great condition. Would recommend for large households.

Simple design. Neutral color. Would fit nearly any decor, but most hide theirs anyway.

• Load Capacity:

The best dryer i have seen in a long time

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

I just bought an Amana electric dryer and it drys my clothes and even my towels faster than my old one. I just have to put it on one time and it is dry.Even the no heat air fluff works great on winter coats.

Load Capacity
It has a very large nice size space to put clothes, a coat or towels. It is a perfect size for even a large family.

I am very happy with the performance of my dryer. I cannot wait to try out more settings as the weather gets warmer on my blouses.

It is very simple to operate and has a lot of different features on it.Just set it and go.

I have only had it for a few months but so far it is very durably. I am very happy with it.

I love the simple but, clean design of it. I could not have picked out a better dryer.

• Load Capacity:

This is one of the best dryers I've ever owned!

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

This energy efficient dryer is great! It dries faster than any model I've ever owned. The size is perfect for a small family and it's filter apparatus catches everything!

Load Capacity
This dryer is quite roomy for use with a small family.

I've never had a dryer that dried clothes so fast. It also seems to be very energy efficient.

The dials are very simple and easy to understand. The lint filter is easy to remove and replace. The drum is easy to reach and clean.

This has been the most dependable dryer I've ever owned. I dry about 2 loads a day and I've never had one single problem with this dryer!

The design is simplistic and economical. I like that the lint filter in on the top of the machine.

Good!

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

I purchased this as a gently used replacement to one that had a burnt out coil. I needed to quickly replace it as clothes started to pile up and this was an affordable option. I wasn't sold on the brand, as I've never really purchased appliances before and had never heard of it. I was assured that it had good reviews and would hold up well, so I went ahead with the purchase. I was satisfied with overall performance during the time that I had the dryer. It was louder than I would have liked and it occasionally did not dry clothes in one cycle, but that all really depends on what type of material you are drying and how full the dryer is, as well as how well your washer wrings out the clothes before switching them over. I had an older washer and probably put more in at times than I should have, so that may have been the issue. Either way, the dryer functioned properly with no issues ever coming up that hindered performance. It was used daily, some days several times a day and it didn't have any issue heating after a year of use. I'm not sure what the lifespan on a dryer is normally, but the fact that it still worked just as well after I'd had it a year, and the fact that it was used prior to me owning it, meant that it does a good job in my book. I would purchase this dryer again in the future if I were looking for a basic, affordable replacement.

I love my Amana dryer

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

We bought our Amana dryer 6 months ago, I use it at least 3 times per week. This dryer has performed beyond my expectations ,and I have recommended this model to my family. Dries  a load in under 1 hr.

Amana NED4500VQ Electric Dryer is a good budget machine

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

I have had my Amana NED4500VQ electric dryer for about 2 years ahd it runs as good as new.  I was looking for a good, basic machine.  This one fit the bill.   I was also looking for a large capacity and this one will fit a queen size quilt.  I was impressed when the quilt came out perfectly dry.  It is very easy to operate and has very basic controls.  This machine has a "wrinkle prevent" setting that continues to fluff the cloths until you are able to remove them from the maching.  My favorite feature is the end of cycle signal.

The Amana Electic dryer worked great the first month.

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Amana Electric Dryer:

I got what I paid for when I purchased this Amana Electric dryer. It worked wonderfully for the first month. It dried my clothes whether the load was large or small and in a very quick and quiet manner. After the first month, I found that it took two cycles to dry my clothing, no matter the size of the load. Granted it is still one of the quietest dryers on the market, but one must require more time to wash clothes which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.