Other Feminine Care Products:
Always
Always Maxi Pads

Always Maxi Pads

These pads are huge but they prevent leaks all night long.

*** Quick View:*** As I age, my periods have changed. I can't go through the night without having leakage issues when I wear my usual maxi pads. I bought a package of these to try and, while they are HUGE, they do the job and prevent staining and leaking all night long. *** ******My Take on Always Maxi Pads Overnight Extra Heavy Flow *** These pads are individually wrapped in purple plastic. They are really, really long. They are folded into three and, when they are opened, there is a strip on the bottom for the adhesive and one on the top of the pad to hold the flared back part together. When you remove the top strip, the back of the pad fans out. These pads are thick too. I was overwhelmed when I saw them and a bit skeptical but I tried one and, after I got used to the hugeness of **Always Maxi Pads Overnight Extra Heavy Flow**, I felt protected. The true test was when I went to bed at night. I woke up with no leaks, no stains, and the pad never shifted at all. I have since been wearing these pads at night for the first four days of my period when it is the heaviest. I haven't had any issues or problems with them. They stay in place, cover everything from back to front and don't leak. They aren't a pad I would wear during the day because they are so bulky and large but, for night, they give me peace of mind that I won't wake up with stains and leaks. It can be really tough being a woman and every month is tough for me, even though I am almost 47. I thought I would be done with all of this by now but alas, no such luck. If anything, my menstrual flow is heavier. These pads do the job every month for me and I will keep using them for as long as I need a heavy duty pad. *** ******My Viewpoint *** I used to be able to get away with just about any maxi pad at night. Now, that is just not the case. I need a pad that gives me full coverage and that doesn't slip around. I have found that **Always Maxi Pads Overnight Extra Heavy Flow **are the best pads for me at night although they really are very long and somewhat thick. They work and that's what I care about. Not for day but great for night. ***4 stars.***

The LARGEST Maxi pads I have ever seen. YOWZERS!

There are some subjects you just want to talk about.  This review is about one of those topics.  Maxi Pads.  UGH - I hate that word, and I hate the time of month that goes along with it, but....still.  There are some products you come across that are just so 'different' that you HAVE to share your experience.  Here's mine.

*Always Maxi Overnight Extra Heavy Flow pads*.  **WOOF!**  I have never in my life seen a maxi pad that is as large as this thing.  I mean it is HUGE.  GIANT!  A surfboard!  For the sake of this review, I'm sitting here with a ruler so I can measure the size of this thing.  Here it goes....  While still in it's individual wrapper it measures over 1/2", obviously when it's unwrapped it's not nearly as thick.  The length of this maxi pad is what I find so unbelievable!  I just measured it and it measured at 15" long.  THAT IS OVER ONE FOOT of maxi pad that you are supposed to wear while you sleep.  Good luck with that!  (Oh, also they have wings so they cover a pretty good measurement in width too)

At this point, let me briefly explain something.  If you are still fairly young in age, you may wonder why on earth a woman would even buy a maxi pad.  I don't know what the heck happens to the body, but after a certain age things get weird in that area.  At night, things like to shift and move around and if you aren't 'protected' you'll end up with a mess.  I know, it's gross and embarrassing, but it's a fact.  So, THAT is why women still buy maxi pads even though none of us like the things.

So....on a search for a product that would put an end to the night-time 'movements' during that time of the month I purchased a very large bag of *Always Maxi Overnight pads*.  Much to my surprise, when I got the back home I realized that there only 20 pads in the pack.  That is how HUGE these things are!  An enormous bag of them only included 20 pads.  That should have been a sign!

Since I paid the money for these *Always Maxi Overnight pads*, I tried wearing one after I saw how enormous they were.  There was just NO WAY I could ever possibly sleep with this honking pad between my legs.  Could anyone?  I even tried it a second night, thinking maybe I was just taken off guard by their size.  I still couldn't do it.  I can imagine that it is the same feeling of wearing a diaper.  These things are absolutely GI-NORMOUS.

I imagine that there is no possible way that anything could possibly leak from these pads, so in that aspect I'm sure that the *Always Maxi Overnight pads* would be a success.  I was never able to try them out because they are just much too uncomfortable.

**Bottom Line** - If you are looking for a pad that offers complete protection at any cost, give these Always Maxi pads a try.  But you've been warned about their size!  They are the single biggest form of maxi pads I have EVER seen.

Simple discreet dignity protection for bladder leakage

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

These were great when I was younger and needed protection during periods, but now I have a new need as an older woman in the throes of menopause. Dignity protection from light bladder leakage. These are less expensive than actual bladder leakage pads, and are fine if the problem is a light one. They also keep the odor down, which I appreciate a lot, working around many people as i do. What is best though, is that these protect me while being less visible than bladder leakage pads, which tend to be larger and leave a distinct outline under my clothes. I feel embarrassed to think that anyone could see it. To be able to keep my problem to myself and not have anyone else know, even if I sneeze and leak is so important to me, and to be able to take care of it as inexpensively as this is better yet. I recommend this to other older ladies with minor bladder leakage issues like I have.

Thick & plasticky feel

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

Growing up, we would have Always pads in our home because my mom used them. When I first got my period, I used Always, and continued to use it until I got to college. They are absorbent enough, but they don't feel great.

The ones that aren't *Ultra thin* are way too thick, and have an unpleasant plastic layer on them. These stick to your panty well enough though. There are better pads out there, but these do the job.

Wonderful product!

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

I love these! I can count on no leakage on my heavy days or nights. I feel dry and secure using this product, they are very thin and do no bunch up. I will continue to use them for a long time. A great value for the price.
I have suggested these to friends and relatives.

Always does not always hold up.

from Conneaut, OH

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

Always maxi pads are a bit disappointing to me.  While absorbent and keep me dry some of the time, the absorbent material inside likes to separate and bunch up, which has led to a few embarassing accidents.  They do stay in place, but the wings like to come loose and stick to the inside of my thighs.

These pads are huge but they prevent leaks all night long.

from The heart of , NY

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

Finally true overnight protection!

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

I've been a fan of Always for a long time; pretty much since I started having a period as a young teenager. I always thought the regular Always Overnights were the best thing ever. Until I tried the **Always Maxi Pad Overnight Extra Heavy Flow**. *This* is what I've been looking for since I started my period many years ago! They're 15-inches long and wide to boot. There have wings to protect the sides of your panties and are wide at the back to cover your butt (so to speak). They stay in place with no problems yet are easy to remove in the morning without leaving any adhesive residue. No more trying not to move around at night or waking up frequently worried about leaks because the pad shifted or wasn't absorbent enough! Package size for these pads is deceptive; there are only twenty pads in a jumbo-size package because they are so large.

While these may not be for everyone, they are a godsend for women with heavy periods!

Always maxi pads "Overnight" is a must!

from Seymour, TN

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

I am a person who is plus size and I like the coverage that the Always overnight "Heavy flow" pad give me. I can go about my day not worrying about leakage or having to change my pads every two hours. I need the protection that these gives me and the less stress around that time of the month the less pain. I recommend this product.

Larger is better

from Altadena, CA

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

I am nearing the end of my periods, at age 48, and I have two types of periods now. One that lasts for a couple of days and barely needs a mini-pad on those days. The other type is super heavy, making up for the months that I had the mini-period days. My period was actually so heavy that even these long, purple overnight pads could not keep up with it. I do recommend these for people that have very heavy periods, even for daytime use. And for most of the months that I have used these in the past, they have worked well. I had to use these bulky pads every day for about 6-7 days, until my periods would let up any.

I, on occasion, have such a heavy period that these will saturate as well pretty quickly. I try to stay indoors on those days, always wear black clothes and sleep on very dark covers as not to draw anymore attention to myself than necessary. I am fortunate that I very rarely call out sick at work, so I can save my crazy heavy period for those days.

I am now going to the store to buy some more of these bulky wonders for myself and my teenage daughter who inherited this heavy bleeding curse from me, and has to use these bulky things to avoid embarrassment. So far they work very well for her.

Other than diapers I don't know what would be more absorbent? In my peri-menopausal stage of life, I may need to buy some adult diapers to wear along with these pads.

Always Protects!

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

The Always Maxi Pads always keep me protected, which is why I like to use it every month. It keeps me secure, knowing that my clothes will be okay. I always like to use the Always Maxi Pads because it can hold the content for a long time, as well as its durability, and the best part is that it has wings. It holds on to my underwear because of a sticky adhesive put on the back of the pad. Then the “wings” are on the underwear to hold it steady and in place (if placed properly). It prevents stains from being on the underwear, as well as on my pants. Sometimes, I have to wear khaki pants (or light-colored clothes) because it is mandatory, so I always use these types of pads to help keep it secure. It also curves with me, whenever I turn, or sit down in some way, so it helps a lot. The wings are the biggest help because it brings me a sense of security, whether if I am wearing pants, Capris, shorts, or even a skirt.

Always Maxi Pads Super are reliable and great!

from Barling, AR

Comments about Always Maxi Pads:

Always Maxi Pads Super with wings are something I couldn't live without. These are amazing and I don't mind saying but my flow is rather heavy, and these support it and the busy lifestyle I have. I have never had any leakage or spotage problems with Always Maxi Pads Super's and they are the perfect Item for me, they are a little bulky, but they cannot be seen, and honestly, who cares because they REALLY work. These are the rare pads that don't make you feel uncomfortable, don't ruin your clothes, and help you feel really clean and confident while on your period, they are great for overnight too so you can stop having to wear white undies to bed and bleaching them because you accidentally bled on them. How amazing is that? Always is one of the brands to ALWAYS trust and this product is so absorbent and it never bunches up or separates, it's long, and comfortable! So if you have a heavy flow or an unreliable one, get these for those days!