Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash

Start the Morning With a Fresh Face

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash:

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to start the morning with a clean, non-stripped, fresh face. There are no bells and whistles in this cleanser. You won't find a long list of vitamins, antioxidants, exotic herbs, or signature fragrances. Instead, you get a basic wash that cleans without harsh detergents or potentially irritating ingredients.

I tend to buy whichever basic skin cleanser is on sale or has the best price, and this is one that I use frequently. This face wash is incredibly gentle to my oily skin, gives a decent amount of foam, and washes away without a trace of residue. My skin feels really clean and soft--and more important--ready to begin applying my daily skin care routine.

Keep in mind that this is not the type of face wash that's going to remove stubborn eye shadow or mascara. Neutrogena has a good product for that type of thorough, yet gentle, cleansing. Alpha Hydroxy Face Wash is really a simple product that simply does one thing--gently cleanses skin--and does it very well.

Non-scented

• Ease of Application:

Safe cleanser, but does very little for overactive oil glands

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash:

In my search for a cleanser that would reduce my excessive summer oil production I purchased Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash. I wet my face with warm water and applied a dime size amount to my face. I caressed my skin with my fingers in tiny circles for 30 seconds. I had to reapply more warm water to my face during the cleansing process because my face became dry from the cleanser. I rinsed my face off with warm water and blotted the excess water off with a wipe. I let my face dry for 15 minutes before I applied anything to my skin. During that short period my face became dry, flaky, and appeared ghostlike. Once I went through my facial regiment, which includes a moisturizer, my skin looked brilliant. I was finally able to have a nice glow to my skin that wasn't impeded by excess oil. Regretfully my glow only lasted for 3 hours before the oil came rushing to the surface. I continued to use this cleanser for weeks and experienced the same results each time. Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash didn't negatively affect my skin so I continued to use it until it ran out. I didn't repurchase it because it had very little impact on my excessive oil production.

• Ease of Application:

This face wash works and doesn't damage your skin

from Huntley, IL

Comments about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash:

I've struggled with on and off breakouts as well as oily/shiny skin for a very long time. I had been using St. Ives apricot scrub because I thought that since it was a scrub, it would get rid of the grease on my face (plus one of my roommates swore by it). Then my mom told me she saw in an article that scrubs are actually bad for oily skin because they remove too MUCH oil, and your body reproduces more to make up for what is gone.

When I went to the beauty supply store by my house, I talked to one of the managers and she said that the best face wash for anyone's skin type is one that has the least amount of "stuff" in it... and that face washes that have soap in them actually make your skin worse! She recommended this product because it has very few ingredients in it that will irritate your skin and make it worse, and because it's light and foamy and wouldn't feel like I had anything left on my skin after I showered.

I LOVE how this product works! It definitely controls my breakouts. At first, it seems like it's too light to do anything, but it really does work! And the best part is that it is not expensive, and you only have to use a little bit (because it foams up), so a bottle will last you a long time. I definitely recommend this for anyone's skin type, but even if you don't buy this product, remember to check face wash labels to make sure there is no soap!

Lovely!

from Taneytown, MD

Comments about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash:

I decided that I needed a new skin regimen as my old one just wasn't working as well anymore. My dark spots were still very noticeable and I'd just random breakouts that I just didn't want to deal with anymore. I was looking for a cleansing product that not only cleansed, but would even out my skintone and help get rid of the blemishes, both old and new.

I ran across the Alpha Hydrox line of products and decided to purchase the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash. The price was great and the reviews all said that the product is one of the best around, so I gave it a shot.

I use the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash both in the morning when I wake up and before bed. I can say that the product did sting a bit at first use, but my skin quickly got used to it. I can see results already and my skin is much less oily than it ever has been before. My pores look great and my skintone is evening out. My skin is definitely softer and much more youthful looking.

Paired with other AH products, Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash is amazing and you won't regret using it!

Alpha Hydrox (white) is the best face wash I've ever used.

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash:

My experience with Alpha Hydrox White has been the best experience ever. I finally found a face wash that doesn't dry out my skin while leaving a clean refreshing feeling not to mention it's soap free and very gentle on your skin. I also noticed that since i've started the product i've had less acne problems. I would highly recommend this product to every female looking for a gentle soap free face wash...