Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle

Pros

Cons

AHA Souffle: Nourishes and Exfoliates For Smoother Skin

I guess this is one of those well-known secrets that I'm just recently learning about; still, better late to the party than never.   Dermatologists and beauty divas far and near have discovered that Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acid is one of the most effective ingredients in smoothing and softening skin's appearance.  **Alpha Hydrox Anti-Wrinkle AHA Souffle** combines 12% Glycolic AHA together with vitamins and anti-irritants in a facial treatment that actually lives up to its promise of noticeably softer skin. I bought the product recently after reading numerous testimonials about the effectiveness of the treatment.  According to the manufacturer, AHA Souffle improves skin's texture, elasticity and tone as it nourishes the skin.  In addition, the formula contains peptides and green tea to prevent free radicals from breaking down the skin.   Well, that sounded pretty good even to someone like me who usually takes such claims with a grain of salt.  I had to give it a try.

After cleansing my skin with a basic, soap-free cleanser ([Alpha Hydrox Face Wash][1] ), I followed up with a swipe of Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner.  At this point, my skin felt perfect; not stripped but not oily either.  I applied a thin layer of the soufflé over my skin.  It spread easily and evenly.  The package suggests following up with a moisturizer, but since my skin tends to be oily and I don't have any wrinkles or dry patches, I decided not to.  My face didn't feel like it needed moisturizing nor did it feel dry, so I just left it alone.  As I expected, the product did sting my face just a little, so I am careful to keep it away from my eyes and lips.  I also avoid washing my face with anything other than a soap-free cleanser to keep my skin from getting overly irritated.

Since I've been using **Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle** for a short time, it's probably too early to tell if it will really prevent premature aging.  Still, I have seen noticeable improvement in my skin's texture, clarity, and softness, and my skin tone has never looked better.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alpha-Hydrox-White-Basic-Face-Wash-review-17fc4

A very effective, affordable product!

I have to give it an almost perfect rating. While it is not as effective as other, more expensive alpha products I've used in the past, you do get what you paid for. So for the price of this cream, you cannot complain about the results you do get! I enjoy a lot of the products that they carry in their line of skincare.

Absorption
It absorbs rather well, I usually put this on my face after cleansing, brush my teeth while it absorbs, give it about 10 minutes and then add additional moisture afterwards.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Not that I can tell, I did breakout a bit after the first initial week of use but I just attribute that to purging as I haven't had any bad breakouts since then.

So for the cheap price I pay ( I even found it at Marshall's for only 5.99 and stocked up once!) it does deliver results, I can tell a difference if I skip a few nights of use, my skin feels much smoother, more supple, with decreased pores and softened lines and wrinkles when using.

Great/ok product

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

This is an okay product. Giving you guys a quick background of my skin. My skin is very dry, especially in the winter time. It often becomes flaky. I've been trying to find a moisturizer that fits my skin and can heal it. I was browsing through the health and beauty section on both target and Amazon and saw this. I looked on Google for many different reviews on this product. There was a range of different reviews. Some were saying that it is bad, and some were saying it is good. I did see more pros than cons, so I decided to get this product. I finally received it after waiting for a week. My first impression of this was that the packaging was really nice, and I really liked the smell of it. The texture is nice as well, and felt good on my skin. Although I really like this moisturizer, it wasn't for me. I recommend people with oily skin to use this. It is not good for dry skin like mine.

Skin brightner

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

This is a cost effective beauty product that actually works. I use this product at nighttime after washing my face with my mia clarisonic. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly into the skin. I used a moisturizer after applying this product. I saw fading of sun spots and old blemish spots. It can be a little drying so I recommend using a moisurizer after. You do need to wear a sunscreen with this product as it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. If you like products with nice scents then this might not be for you. I have had this product for a few months and I still have not finished the product. I alternate between this and the AHA product by the same brand. I wish it came in a pump versus jar but it is not a deal breaker for me. If you are looking for a cost effective product that will brighten skin and repair some of the damage the sun has caused run out and buy this product.

Moisturizing lotion

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

I hadn't ever heard of this brand before, I got this as a sample originally. I liked that it has green tea in it and that it was free of oils and perfume. It is a light weight skin cream that noticeably reduced my fine lines and improved the natural elasticity of my face without making me look fake. It is good for probably most any skin types but maybe wouldn't be my first choice for super dry skin. It can be used every day if needed but personally I can get away with using it every other day and I still have the same great results I'm looking for.

Absorption
It seemed to absorb evenly and thoroughly. I waited five minutes before proceeding with my usual makeup routine. It's light enough to go underneath basically anything.

Doesn't Clog Pores
In addition to keeping my pores from clogging it actually helps me to get rid of black heads which was a surprising and awesome side bonus. It's also helped me prevent future black heads.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle Will Make You Look Youthful

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle helps fade skin discoloration’s, which was a nice surprise. It must be the Alpha Hydroxy Acid in it. My skin feels silky, soft and smooth after a month and a half. It absorbs fast. It tingles and burns a little after I scrub my face with a facial cleanser. I know it is because of the acid. It is a little annoying, but it only hurts a little. My skin looks younger, and I love that. My skin glows too. The texture of my skin is healthier and firmer. I think this stuff gently removes dead skin to reveal new skin. This Souffle exfoliates. It has amazing vitamins & minerals in it too. It will fade faint wrinkles if you have them. I like to wash my face, use this stuff, and then sleep on it. It is fragrance-free. It is oil free too, so my skin does not break out. It comes in a small, pretty container with fancy writing on it. I use it at night sparingly. This product is high-priced, but worth it. You can find a good deal on this if you shop online. It does a fine job of removing forehead wrinkles as well. This product is a miracle worker for fine lines and premature aging.

Leaves skin so smooth!

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

I love this product!! I have been using it for almost a year now. I have been having occasional breakouts since puberty (over 15 years!) which always leave a mark afterwards. As such, I have become a product junkie in trying to remove these marks. This product acts as an exfoliant so it has helped alot with lightening the dark spots. The exfoliating effect leaves my skin smooth and glowing afterwards. I use it every night under my moisturizer. I don't use it in the day because the acid makes your skin very sensitive to the sun and might actually cause my marks to darken. in the morning i i wear moisturizer with an spf under my makeup. and my breakouts have improved significantly I guess because pores aren't as clogged anymore. Since returning to school, I can't afford facials anymore however I don't really need one anymore and I attribute a great deal of that to this product. Definitely a staple in my skin regime.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

A very effective, affordable product!

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great product for the price!

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

Are you fed up with your skin looking tired? Have environmental pollution and time caused your facial skin to lose its lackluster appearance? If so, then this product might be for you! Do not buy it and think it will work overnight, because it won't. After a week or two of use, you should notice your skin looking brighter and smoother. Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle is available at different stores and for less than a decent meal in a restaurant. It is a light-weight cream that makes your skin feel silky smooth. It absorbs well into the skin. It leaves no visible residue behind. It seem to be okay for all skin types and shades. I have quite a few friends of different racial backgrounds that have tried the product after seeing how well it worked on my skin. It doesn't seem to clog pores. It does not cause acne breakouts. It does not leave your skin with a tacky or sticky feeling like so many other products do. I think it's a great product .

Absorption
Product is absorbed quickly into the skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
Have not noticed any clog pores after using this item.

Makes your skin feel as soft as a baby's bottom.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great but not for everyday use

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

For alpha hydrox AHA Souffle, I have to order these specially online since they are not available in many of the stores around me. First off, I believe it has some low amounts of acid in it to peel away the dead skin layers around your face. However, I'm not sure if it's all too healthy to use everyday. For cleansers, moisturizers, and scrubs that clean your face by scrubbing away the top few layers of skin, I'm sure it's not too healthy. I recommend using this probably 3 times a week. I like how this is really light on your face and not creamy or oily. For the price though, it's quite expensive. If I add on my shipping charges, I wouldn't say it is a great deal. I wish that the ingredients list was simpler to read because it has all these long scientific names and percentages on it that I'm sure ninety nine percent of people wouldn't even know. Of course, there can't be much done about that but perhaps things like "Alpha hydrox uses gentle acids to take away dead skin layers etc." instead of "2% benzoperxydine blah blah etc." It would make things easier to understand.

It's alright.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

The ingredients are okay.It isn't the best but it's great for cell turnover.It has glycolic acid which is a nice ingredient for this type of product but it has a lot of crap in it as well.It doesn't compare to the best but it will do.I can sting sometimes but then I have sensitive skin so maybe it's just me.It eventually no longer stung.My skin must have adjusted.I like that it has no scent.So that means no obnoxious offensive smell like other products might have.It also isn't as widely available like the name brands are.It'll do for now.

A Reliable Alternative For Treating Acne

from Newcastle, WA

Comments about Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle:

I purchased the Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle in order to combat oily, acne prone skin. The salicylic acid cleansers aimed at treating acne worked somewhat, but seemed to be becoming less effective at staving off frequent pimples. In addition, one particularly bad round of pimples also left some red acne scarring on my cheeks. These all led me to try the Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle, in order to try a less potent glycolic treatment. At first, it didn’t seem to do much, but I continued to apply it every night after washing my face. Several weeks later, I realized that while much of my acne scarring was still visible, it had noticeably faded. I have had fewer breakouts and the occasional pimple is not visible for long. When you apply the lotion, a lot of the time it does tingle / sting, but it is not so bad as to be annoying. I see it as a way of knowing the product is working.