3.6

3.6

I love this product.

from Utah

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Doesn't Stay On

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

I have used this product for a couple of years
It works better if you shake the tube before applying. It is lightweight and and east to use. It won't stay on for more than 9 hours. But i like to reaply for a fresh look for the night.

• Skin Tone:
  • Medium

No, that is NOT my skin shade!

from Kansas

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

These shade finding makeups interested me when they came out. I've tried a few of them, including the Almay Smart Shade. It was fairly cheap at Wal-Mart so I figured I might as well give it a try. I put it on, waited for a brief period of time, looked in the mirror, WHAT IS THAT!? I have very fair skin [typical ginger here! haha] and I got the lightest option they had. I ended up having an orange streaky face. Sure, it matched my hair color...but not my skin at all. I had quickly made the judgement that it was not going to match my skin tone but the fact that it was streaky was bugging me so I wanted to try applying it differently to see if it would go on smoother. Tried again using a brush this time and it still was streaky and just weird, honestly. I had my mom try it [she has darker skin that I do] and it was even dark on her and also streaky. I have no explanation as to why it was so dark. I do NOT recommend this product unless you want to look completely bizarre, haha.

Almay Un-Smart Shade Detector Foundation

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

While this foundation provides pretty decent coverage, the smart shade detector technology leaves much to be desired. I'm not sure how it is supposed to pick up your skin tone, but all it did was start streaking horrifying shades of orange on your face if you didn't blend it on fast enough (which was hard to do, I might add). Obviously, something was going wrong with this "technology" somewhere, because the orange streaks were not flattering. It was frustrating to be delayed in your makeup routine, and have to sit there trying to rub off the tiger-like streaks from your face. Application was difficult only because the smart shade technology was so finicky and acted up. Otherwise, it blended well into the skin and was easy to spread on. You just had to act fast and hope for the best. Or, wipe the orange streaks off and reapply in those areas. Not a particularly dependable foundation, and the frustration factor overrules the benefits in my opinion.

Evens skin tone, perfect shade of color!

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

This foundation is light but concealing and very gentle to your skin. The even tones and complementing shades are wonderful. My Sallow skin tone was beautifully warmed. It blends in easily and lasts all day. I've been using Almay Smart Shade, Smart Balance for over three years and it's improved the look of my skin. It out performs much more expensive foundations. Non greasy, light and Non irritating, this is a wonderful product.

Nice light coverage (but not "smart")

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

I use this foundation daily, typically in combination with an SPF moisturizer and a silicone-based primer. It gives me nice light coverage - just enough to even out my light-medium skintone, and a little bit of coverage on red spots. It blends in nicely and doesn't feel heavy or greasy throughout the day, and it feels like it has decent staying power (especially when I use a primer first). The SPF content is not huge, but in combination with an SPF moisturizer or sunscreen as a base, I typically find that I have decent coverage to protect my skin.

A word on the "smart shade" aspect of this product - that's a silly claim. This product looks like white cream coming out of the bottle, with beads suspended in it. It claims that it matches your skin tone magically as it is applied; in reality, the suspended beads burst when rubbed into create a skin-colored coverage. The color doesn't change as a function of your skin at all. It's still a nice product, just misleading in its marketing.

This Foundation Likes to Leaves Streaks

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

This was not my favorite foundation. My first time using this product I was very disappointed and have not used it since. I had bought this in light beige because that is the shade that best matches my skin in any other foundation and it did not match. The make-up comes out very liquid, almost the consistency of water, and as I was applying it to my face I noticed it was changing tones. It went from being a very light color in my palm to being a tan color on my face. It also left obvious streaks everywhere. I would not recommend using this unless you have a darker skin tone. It may be less visible on dark skin.

Does what it promises.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup SPF 15:

After using powder foundation for years, I found this to be a refreshing new look that I was desperately seeking. It truly does blend on my skin to be a really close match for my natural face color. That makes for no lines around my jawline. It lasts all day and has a really nice, natural finish.