View more mascara

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Still one of my top 3 favorite mascaras.

**The Verdict:**  Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara is still one of my favorite mascaras as it does not clump, the fat brush separates nicely, it does not run as much as others, and leaves my lashes soft.  It's practically perfect!

**Just the Facts:**  I have tried tons of different mascaras but I always end up going back to Almay One Coat Nourishing mascara.  Maybelline used to make my favorite mascara which came in an ivory colored tube but apparently they discontinued it so I had to find a new one.  In my quest to find a replacement I tried the Almay One Coat brand and found that it is very, very similar.

It also comes in a white tube but has a silver top.  Almay One Coat has what's called a teddy bear brush.  It's tapered on one end and very fat and bushy in the middle so it holds gobs of mascara but all those bristles keep too much from globbing onto my lashes and also separates my lashes very nicely.  It does not flake off during the day nor run if I cry or get it a little wet like some other mascaras do.

While this mascara does not thicken my lashes as much as I'd like, it darkens very nicely, some thickness, and does not make my lashes stiff.  It's a good every day mascara but if I was going for a more dramatic evening look, I'd choose something else.  The packaging says that it is thickening and results in "100% thicker lashes" which is probably true, but I think most women (well, me anyway) are looking for something more like 300% thicker lashes.

**Closing Argument:**Almay is a good every day going to work hanging out at the mall going to the doctor kind of mascara.  4 stars.

I'm on the fence about this one.

Recently I've been put on a budget so when I saw that Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara was on sale I went for it. Now, I'm the type of girl who likes to look natural in the day and uber glam at night. This mascara fits my day look wonderfully but for night it just doesn't cut it. After the tube was gone I did see a difference in my lashes. They were "nourished". There were a few problems I saw with this mascara and they are as follows: (1.) if you get it in your eyes it is irritating, as a contact wearer this was a problem, and this was the number one reason this mascara didn't cut it for my night routine. (2.) it rubs off too easy. one very hot California summer day I was walking through an outdoors farmer market when I decided to rub my eye...BIG MISTAKE! The mascare instantly smeared across my face as if I had rubbed just applied liquid eyeliner. Horrible mess. (3.) the most non-waterproof product i've ever used! Long story short, don't wear this product admist a waterballoon fight. (4.) the color isn't exactly high quality pigment. the black is brownish, again not a problem for day but for night you want your black to be black. Over all I will say that during most days I loved it, and it was well worth the sale price. However, I don't think I'd ever pay full price for it nor do I think you should.

This is my go-to mascara.

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

I have sensitive eyes and Almay products are the only ones I trust for my mascara and eyeliner needs. This line is specifically targeted (or so it seems) towards people, like me, who have sensitive eyes (and skin). Bravo, Almay, for making such a gentle formula for this mascara. I love this product and have used it for several years now. I would not even consider another mascara for my eyes. It goes on well and I am able to keep my mascara on for at least 12 hours consistently with this product.

I am a devotee of this product. I have sensitive skin, few eyelashes, and blonde hair. This product meets all of my needs. The primary need for me is a formula that is good for my sensitive eyes. I tried several products before I found this one. I will not be experimenting again.

Ease of Application
It applies easily enough. I wish sometimes that the brush was a little larger, though. I think it would make application even better.

• Ease of Application:

Love Almay, but I think they gyped us with this mascara

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

Have used Almay mascara for at least 10 years. However, the last 3 tubes I bought (purchased at different places at different times, so not a bad batch) have convinced me not to buy it again.

It is great as far as going on smooth and being smudge and perspiration resistant, and great if you are using it over another mascara. I cannot recommend using this though if it is to be your only mascara. I have straight short eyelashes, and this mascara will not even stick to my eyelashes, its like trying to paint on top of eyelashes with ink. What's up with that? If I use another brand of mascara first, ands then use this as a second coat, then this is a decent product. Good color and doesn't flake or crumble or sweat off. It does thicken up my lashes and make them just a tad longer , so that's the upside.

Strangely this mascara works much better when its older and a little more dried out. Maybe Almay needs to try what works for wine and let it 'age' a bit before they sell it.

• Ease of Application:

The only mascara that doesn't irritate my eyes

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

I have sensitive eyes and mascara is pretty much the worst thing I can do for them most of the time. Almay's mascaras are the only ones I've found that don't make my eyes start itching. It also doesn't leave the same dried clumps as a lot of other mascaras, so I'm not sitting there trying to scrape them off my eyelashes, further irritating everything. It is also pretty easy to remove with either their eye make-up remover or some olive oil on a tissue. If you have sensitive eyes or are prone to mascara-scraping (as many of my friends also are), give this a try. Mascara still isn't something I want around my eyes daily, but for special events, I know I can put this on and not worry about my eyes looking bloodshot by the end of the night.

Doesn't flake or clump.

Ease of Application
Nice thick applicator.

• Ease of Application:

Almay mascara is a reliable product.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

Years ago I had allergies to mascara. My dermatologist said it was due to perfumes and ingredients would I spray perfume in my eyes. Of course not. She recommended Almay and I have been using every since. Their mascara has never let me down.  The only bad thing I have to say is they need more blues and purples in their line. Almay I hope your listening.

Almary One Coat Nourishing Mascara

from Katy, TX

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

You cannot beat the ultimate coverage from Almay's One Coat. It is easily affordable, available in all drug and grocery stores and does not clump. I take it off easily enough with Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

Not as good as I had hoped

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

I bought this mascara because it was on sale, and the store I bought it from had a rebate with it as well. I thought it was a little over-priced without a sale, so I gave it a try once it went on sale. I didn't think it gave my lashes the volume it promises. I like that it's made by Almay, because I like the brand, but for me, it just didn't do much. I tried even layering on a few coats of mascara, but it just became clumpy. The applicator brush just wasn't right for me. I felt like it didn't separate my lashes well, so I had to choose between clumpy lashes, or barely there lashes (when I only applied one coat.) I have yet to find the mascara that's perfect for me. It doesn't have to be perfect for everyone, just perfect for me. I thought I had with a different brand, but it wasn't the case. I wouldn't recommend this product.

Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara

from Caldwell, NJ

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

I have been using Almay for years due to a sensitivity to most types of make up. This mascara is adequate but doesn't provide the fullness I would like. I would purchase it again but maybe would look further to find another type that would give me the results I really want.

This mascara is the best for natural looks!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

I'm addicted to mascara so I love testing out all sorts of mascaras that will thicken my lashes and make me feel alive. Mascara just helps me look more awake. So the Almay mascara jumped out at me and I felt the need to buy it at the drugstore. I just knew this mascara would lengthen and thicken my lashes without the irritation. I can get pretty lazy applying makeup on a daily basis so I wanted to keep it simple without taking so much of my time. I don't want to take so long applying and removing mascara either. Anyways, I really like this mascara because I don't like to have dramatic lashes. I like to have natural lashes when I'm going to school everyday. This mascara doesn't clump or smudge either. I can easily apply this mascara when I'm in a rush so I don't have to put a lot of coats and really darken my lashes which is what I wanted. I'm just really glad I can easily take off this mascara too. I just love it and I will repurchase it when I run out of this mascara.

I love this mascara!

from Mount Hood Parkdale, OR

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

No flaking, no smudging, and no need for reapplication: this mascara is simply great. It thickens and lengthens my eyelashes without stinging or bothering my eyes, and it last all day. Even better, you can even cry without making a mess as long as you don't shut your eyes (you can blink, just don't hold them shut). Also, it comes off easily with a gentle soap and water. The only drawback is that your eyelashes melt together with a flash of heat, like when you open a hot oven. If you don't do much baking, this shouldn't be an issue.

Almay One Coat is easy to apply

from Sherwood, OR

Comments about Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara:

Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara's brush is a little less than an inch long, straight - not curved - with bristles that are wrapped around the center. The handle is comfortable to hold and the brush shape makes it easy to get close to the eye and each lash. The shape of the brush gives each lash good coverage with the mascara, however it doesn't leave me with the look of volume like some other mascaras I have used. So it makes each eyelash visible, but it doesn't make me look like I have lots of lashes. I think this is because instead of separating each lash and coating it, it kind of groups the lashes together and coats them. As you pull the brush out of the holder, the amount of product that is left on your brush is just about right - alot of mascaras leave too much product on the brush and you have to work on scraping some off before you apply it, but this isn't the case.  It's long lasting, I've never had to reapply throughout the day, and it's also easy to remove.