Other Makeup Removers:
Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads

Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads

Pros

Cons

One of the few good oil-free makeup removers on the market!

I've used this since I started using makeup in high school. It's been about 4-5 years now and I still use them. I LOVE that they're oil-free because the instant I try a new makeup remover (eye makeup remover especially) and it leaves a greasy film, I immediately want to never use it again. I cannot express to you how annoying it is when oily makeup removers smear the makeup around, gets in your eye, and makes you feel greasy and look oily after. This one does not do that. It smells pleasant, but a little bit too alcohol-y. It removes makeup well, but not perfectly. It's a little hard to take eyeliner off with it because it requires a bit of "scrubbing" if you will. It kind of hurts if your eyeliner is waterproof or is pencil. I like that it's made with aloe, which is very nice for the skin. I always look for these to go on sale, and when they do I buy a few. They last a while and are very convenient. They're the perfect size for eye makeup removing and aren't overly thick and wasteful like other brands can be. Also, the container does NOT allow the pads to dry out. I think they're excellent! I just wish that they were a little bit cheaper, considering the fact that I would use them everyday and run out in about two and a half months. The containers with 20% more product is the best, it has my preferred amount of product. Everyone should try it!

Works well enough for its purpose

I like these. They're cheap and easy to find, plus they're convenient because I don't need tissue or cotton balls lying around to use it. I just need to open the container and grab a wipe to remove my makeup. I find that it does a great job removing my eyeshadow. As for anything waterproof, it does take a little more effort, but not a ton. I don't know if this is me, but with every makeup remover I've had a problem with raccoon eyes after attempting to wipe away my mascara. Am I doing something wrong? It works well for everything else, however.

Sometimes I'm able to use one wipe for both eyes. I find this a good value... until you get to the bottom of the container and see mold on the sides of the jar and some on the wipes themselves. Obviously, I have to toss the entire container when I discover this. It probably has to do with bacteria growing in the wet wipes as you keep opening and closing the container. I'll keep buying until I find a new replacement, but until then these are good enough for me to use regularly.

My go-to

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

Almay is my go to brand. The wipes work great, are decently priced and don't irritate my skin.

They get off all of my makeup from eyeliner and mascara to eye shadow an foundation.

Very easy! Wipe across the area you want clean, and done. No scrubbing or waiting.

I love it!

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

I love how it is a soft small circular cotton with oil. It is harmless on the eyes and it definitely wipes of make up. When I first used this product wasn't sure what to expect since i never used make up remover products. I usually would use wash clothes but that got messy. One day decided to get this product it really works. On top of that the container is neat small enough to fit in a purse on the go.

I love how it takes off all the foundation and concealer from your skin really well. Also it wipes off mascara like a magic eraser so simple and not messy. Before buying this product it was really difficult to take off mascara all the way with just water.

This product is easy to use and hassle free. It is great to put in a purse or even the car its a small container. Along with the the oil used in the cotton is amazing it works to remove the make up so well, but along with that it smells great.

Does its job properly and effectively.

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

The product is very easy to useI purchased this in conjunction with L'Oreal RevitaLift Eye Moisturizer because I have been experiencing baggy tired looking eyes out of no where! I have bad bad bad allergies, and I realized that I really need to start paying attention to how I handle these allergies to my eyes, lest I end up with these tired looking eyes forever...

I use these moisturizing pads every night and the eye makeup comes off immediately, with awesome moisturization along with. Almay claims to be hypoallergenic, and from the products I have used I would have to say they are telling the truth. I like also the way it hydrates my eyes all night, with less puffiness in the morning

Yes, it is oily because that's what removes waterproof makeup easily! these pads are so convenient and gentle and work great with little to no rubbing, just easily wipe across the area, use a soft tissue to pick up the remains and you're done!
I've never used them then tried to reapply eye makeup, but can see how that might be a challenge because they do leave a residue-- I use them at night before bed-- always buy these and have had no problems at all!

The ONLY eye makeup remover I will use!

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads are the only eye makeup remover I will use! I have been using them for years, ever since I started wearing make up, and nothing else compares! The pads are the perfect size for the eyes and they don't dry out quickly when exposed to air like other pre-moistened wipes. I tend to have sensitive skin and these makeup remover wipes are so gentle. They leave my skin clean and soft and I never have to worry about waking up with raccoon like eyes from smudged left over make up. I like to wear somewhat heavy and thick mascara and these wipes always leave my lashes clean, no clumps or residue left behind. They have a really light clean scent, they do not even smell the slightest bit chemically or strong. When I use this product I just lightly swipe the eye lid up to the brow bone, very lightly swipe under the eye, and then lightly pinch the lashes of each eye. One pad back and front always does the trick. They are a really great price for the value. Some makeup remover wipes are so big I feel like I am wasting it because I don't use enough makeup and need so much remover per day. I highly recommend this product for eye makeup!! It is unbeatable!

Love these!!!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

These makeup remover pads are great. They do not have any scent and are very easy on the eyes. I find that it makes eye makeup removal very easy to take off. I have sensitive areas around my eyes and other products have irritated my eyes. I have been using Almay for over 2 years and never had any issues. The only problem I come across is when you get to the last few pads, they are literally saturated in remover. I usually have to squeeze out the pad before removing my makeup, but I do not have a problem with that, its not a big deal. I would recommend these, very inexpensive and a great product!

They work very well, and one remover pads takes off all of my eye makeup. I follow up with cleansing my face with a Clarisonic so I do not rely on this to take off all of my makeup. I mainly use these for my eye makeup removal.

Very easy to use and travel with. I find that these are very convenient and work very well.

Dries my skin out

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

In most cases I am a fan of Almay products, but I cannot say the same for these make remover pads. Every time I have tried to use these pads to remove my make up, the next morning I wake up with the skin on my face being extra dry, which inevitable leads to breakouts for me. I do not know if this dryness if due to the lack of oil in the product of if one of the ingredients makes my skin react badly. I would lean more towards a specific ingredient though since they have a strange almost chemical like smell to them, this smell would also make me kind of leery to use this product, even if the dryness wasn't a factor for me. They are effective at removing make up though, even waterproof mascara, so they do the job they are intended to do. I originally bought these because I loved the idea of the pads they are very convenient and overall they are less messy that traditional make up remover, but I would rather deal with a little mess than have dry skin all the time.

Not a fan.

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

I tried these Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads thinking they would be soft and soothing for my eyes. I am a contact lens wearer so the fact that they are 100% fragrance free and hypoallergenic was a selling point. I also assumed the picture of the cucumber and aloe meant they would nourish my eyes.
I found the pads too be very wet, small, thin and they stick together. Plus, they stung my eyes a little bit and left them feeling too wet. They removed the waterproof mascara and eye shadow I wear, but are small so I had to use a couple pads for each eye. I ended up switching to the Neutragena ultra soft pads which are bigger, softer, smoother, not soaked with solution and better working overall.

The pads are small and too wet.

The pads aren't soft and are too small and thin to get all my eye makeup off in a couple swoops. Since the pads are so thin and wet, they tend to stick together.

Used for years!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

This is the makeup remover that I picked when I first started wearing mascara and I haven't tried anything else. It is just so simple and easy. Take a pad, wipe, toss. I never had any problems with it, no stinging, itching, drying. It is a little pricey, but sometimes you can find a value pack for a great deal.

Love these

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

My mo first bought these for me because she's a bit of an extreme couponer and she had coupons for them. I actually really like them and they last a pretty long time. The good thing about these is that although they are a bit expensive you can ALWAYS find coupons for these and if you're as good as my mom, you could end up paying next to nothing for them. Make sure to get the oil free pads because the other product is verrrry oily and leaves a really greasy film behind. The wipes do not irritate my skin at all and I have very sensitive skin so that's a big plus for me. They are very moist and as long as you keep them covered they will not get dry at all. When you get to the last couple pads they will be really drenched but just squeeze them out a little and they're alright. I have definitely had better but they are great for the price and I would recommend to anyone on a budget like myself. Don't forget to look for coupons for this product!!

Small pads but remove effectively

Comments about Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads:

These pads do remove all my eye makeup, but I find it takes a few pads to do it because they are very small and thin. Because of this I find they can be a little expensive for how long a container lasts me. They are very convenient though because there's no risk of spilling the liquid like with bottles of makeup remover. I think they are good for travel.