Other Eyeshadows:
Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades

Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades

Pros

Cons

Bring out the GREEN, oh and EVERY other COLOR!

I Absolutely love this makeup! I have been using this make up since it arrived in stores. Everyone has always complimented me on my makeup, and I enjoy it. It really does bring out my eyes, and I enjoy putting on my makeup in the morning and watching the fabulous transformation! It's very easy to put on and also very easy to keep on. It doesn't wear off easily and looks good with any skin tone. I would recommend any female to use this makeup, especially if you want a clean, crisp, unique, popping look! You will definitely stand out with this makeup! If you try it, I guaranteed you will like it, if not.. send it to me! haha.

Horrible colors didn't do a thing to "bring out the blue"!

I have heard so many good things about **Almay Intense i Color Eye Shadow **that I just had to try it out for myself.  I'm a sucker for advertising and the claim to "bring out the blue" in my eyes sounded very appealing.  Who doesn't want prettier looking eyes, right?

***Almay says: ***"Intensify your eye color with expertly coordinated, enhancing shades.  All day wear; color that won't crease or fade."

**Almay Intense i Color Eye Shadow **comes in two different styles: 1) "Bring out" the color of your eyes and 2) "Play Up" the color of your eyes.  Each style is available for eye colors: blue, brown, green and hazel.  For blue eyes, I had the option of "Bring out" in a blue/brown eye shadow color combination, or "Play Up" in a neutral brown color combination.  Since I already own a lot of neutral brown eye shadows, I opted for the "Bring Out" with blues and brown.

I decided to try out my new eye shadow on a recent date night with my husband.  Black clothes always look good with my blue eyes, so I wore a black shirt and preceded to try my new **Almay Intense i Color Eye Shadow**.  I followed the directions on the back of the package which state to: use the dark brown color all over the lid, deep blue color in the crease and the light blue onto brow bone.  I am pretty good at applying make-up and followed the directions *exactly *and it turned out horrible!

Individually, the colors are beautiful.  The brown is a matte, dark, chestnut color, the dark blue is a matte, steel blue, and the light blue is a frosty, icy, silver/blue.  When you pair them together, the results are hideous.  I looked like a clown and rubbed off the eye shadow the best that could. The result looked nothing like I expected and I was so disappointed.  I did like the way the eye shadow felt as I applied it; it was soft, powdery and just the perfect texture.

I no longer wear all three colors together.  I sometimes incorporate the dark brown color into my make-up regime, but I probably won't use the two blue colors anymore.  This "bring out your eye color" concept would be great if it worked, however, it didn't on me.  Perhaps other eye colors have a better trio of colors to work with.  I would not purchase this again or try any other of the color choices.

Makes Life Easy!

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I bought Almay Intense I-Color on a whim. I liked the pretty colors in the package, and thought I would use it now and then. Turns out, this is now my everyday shadow choice! The colors are coordinated great, and they really are intensely pigmented enough to where you don't have to put on layers of eye shadow. One go over, and you're done. The main plus though is just how great it is to have all three colors coordinated for your eye color in one place. Honestly, I have never been great at making combinations, and this idea has taken a lot of stress out of my make-up routine. I can pick up one set, and do my eyes and be done. This eye shadow will last through your day, also. I have always had problems with eye shadows rubbing off and being barely noticeable halfway through the day. With this product my eyes look the same when I leave the house and when I get home. No more re-applying! This product will make your life that much easier. Pair it with Almay's colored mascara for an even better pop of color!

Should try it

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

This is a really good product. It was much better than I expected. There was not any thing I disliked about it. The color combinations were excellent. The eyeshadow itself went on easily. It lasted pretty long; however, eyeshadow primer could still be used. It had limited fading. Overall, it was very good. I highly suggest that you try it.

perfect match

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I love creating the perfect combination of eye shadows when I use Almay's Intense I-Color Powder Shadow. These eye shadow kits are designed with eye colors in mind. I find that I simply can not pull off certain eye shadows because they do not compliment my eye color but I do not have to worry about that when I purchased and used Almay's Intense I-Color Powder Shadow because I was able to buy a case designed exactly for my eye color. I ended up receiving so many compliments on my eyes and the eye shadow when I used this eye shadow. It is simple enough to apply. I begin with the lightest shade offered and I swipe that over my eyelid. Then I apply the darkest shade to my crease and then I finish by applying the shimmer or medium shade over top of the crease and in the corners of my eyes and then I blend it all in to create a flattering combination for my eye color. This powder shadow kit is perfect for all eye colors because there are different eye shadow combination designed for every eye color and it really does compliment it best.

These will make your eyes pop!

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

These eye shadow colors will make your eye color stand out. I have blue eyes, and the first time I used the eye shadow that corresponded, I was getting compliments all day long about how pretty and blue my eyes were. That still happens every time that I use it (which is quite often - it's my usual eye shadow). They are a pretty good price for how well it works. Even random strangers will stop me and tell me how pretty my eyes are. I get asked if I wear colored contacts. When I first started wearing this eye shadow, and friend who I'd known for a while interrupted himself while he was having a serious conversation with me to tell me how beautiful my eyes were and ask if they'd always been blue. I do not combine it with their mascara or eyeliner, however. I match the colors of those as closely as possible, and then I buy them from a cheaper brand that I trust to be good. I have loved this product!

Great way to get me out of my comfort zone

from Tomball, TX

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I have been stuck in an eye shadow rut for years. Why mess with what works, right? But I kept seeing these commercials and I loved how they have it all set up for you in the compact AND you can pick out the colors based on the color of your eyes. SO, I had a coupon and when it came on sale, I bought the eye shadow compact that was made for people with blue eyes. And the main lid color was copper. Not my usual shade. But I took it home and applied it. And I stared at myself in the mirror because it did look so different. Different but great! It really did make my blue eyes pop and the crease color wasn't as over the top, just a basic dark brown color similar to what I usually use. I liked it so much that I continued to use the product and just got used to the appearance of my eyes in the mirror. This can be a little more expensive than the basic eye shadows of other companies, just keep your eyes out for a sale and buy the compact for your eyes.

Love it

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I really love the eye shade combination pack. It's like the shade matching is already done for you. For people like me, who have no clue about using multiple shades to get the best look for eye make up, It is a great resource. I love the I shimmer they are great. They last too, and I have to often use a make up removing wipe to get it off. I have also found their eye makeup removing sticks to be great for touch ups or if u need to clean up some extra eye shade. They have many colors, depending on the shade of your eyes and the outfit you are wearing you can pick and chose which set of intense I colors would suite you. If you are like me and would be safe than sorry, then I would sy don't hesitate to try the bold colors. You will be surprised pleasantly of course as to how good they can look. I would highly recommend to a friend and they also make great little gifts for teens and Tweens, who want to try makeup.

A little too intense for me

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I always like the gentle factor I feel Almay has in its products. This particular line of Almay is just as the name states- intense. For me, I found the pigmentation to be a little too dark Since I tend to prefer a more natural look most of the time. Although, when applied with a brush rather than the applicator that comes with it, it is toned down a bit. I also put a primer on which helped keep the intensity down. That being said, the palette of colors is nice and they blend well together. This Almay product also states which eye color which palette works best for which is helpful if you yourself are not a trained makeup artist.

Not To My Liking

Profile Image

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

At a recent estate sale I was able to pick up a ton of cleaning products as well as cosmetics, many of them full sized and never used. One of them I tried was an Almay Intenst i-color Powder Shadow.

The colors looked like they would compliment my eyes. I have color 004, which is "Trios for Greens". This compact includes three colors, which are
plum, which is the bottom shade that you should apply all over lid. The center shade is a deep green, which you apply in the crease. The light green is the top shade that goes on the brow bone.

I have blue eyes and green eye shadow generally looks good on me, but not this time. I didn't find the powder easy to spread around, and the colors were too intenst. No starting off sheer and building up with this eye shadow. The plum was out for me, it didn't look good at all, but I am sure it looks good on some gals.

The compact is sturdy and closes tight, and you can easily see the colors through the clear lid. The brush is spongy and not really to my liking, it's a little too fat for my tastes.

Overall, Almay is a reputable brand but this just wasn't for me.

Bring out the GREEN, oh and EVERY other COLOR!

from Millerton, PA

PERFECT

from Buchanan, MI

Comments about Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow - All Shades:

I absolutely LOVE this Almay eye intense collection it has made shopping for makeup so easy and not a headache any more!  I know nothing about how to figure out what color would look or does look good on me so now with these shadows I feel comfortable and goodwhen I put it on and go into puclic, I don't feel anyone is looking at me like I am a clown, but people actually compliment me on my makeup which is great!  Also I don't have a lot of time to put myself together so this package of what goes with what is awesome for me