2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

Wonderful company to deal with on claims

We have had home owners insurance converage with Allied since we bought our house in June 2006 but they have refused to renew our policy this year has we have had 2 claims.  In December of 2007 we had wind damage and had to replace the roof and in January of this year we had a water pipe freeze and are still in the process of completing repairs.  We recieved a letter from then after this second claim stating that they would not be renewing our policy.

I was very dissapointed in this as we have only had the 2 claims and keep a high deductible since we do not use our insurance lightly.  The most dissapointing this about this is that we have always paid ontime and Allied was wonderful to work with through the claim process.

Allied Insurance... NO THANKS!!!

My wife and I have been paying Allied for over 15 years. We have three vehicles covered and during a snowy and ice drive home another driver caused an accident; I was not the "at-fault" driver. This happened on December 23rd and when I called to report what happened, I was told all is fine, gave all the information about the accident and on December 24th, my adjuster said our claim was denied and that our coverage was canceled as of December 21st. They hadn't posted our payment, so I was stuck. Thanks for nothing.So if you are just looking for cheap insurance, maybe Allied is right for you. If you want someone to actually help you when you need it most... Keep Looking.

Dont use!!!

from Duluth, Ga

Comments about Allied Insurance:

They were extremely rude to me and would not give me a quote. They are extremely unprofessional.!

WOW!

from OC, California

Comments about Allied Insurance:

Many of these reviews are pathetic. People need to take some time and educate themselves on insurance and the lack of. Lots of these reviews are due to bad agents and not the Company.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

They Treat Your Money As Their Own

from Seaside, Oregon

Comments about Allied Insurance:

I had to remove my ex-husband's car from my policy, sent the signatures, and waited for the new premiums. While I was waiting I overpaid my premium, since I didn't know how much I owed. Instead of the information requested, I got a letter asking for the signatures. We re-sent them and I was promised a letter that contained the new premiums. I waited two weeks. I tried to access my online account, only to find out it was inactivated by Allied. I contacted my insurance agency, and was informed I was still paying for my ex-husband's car and that I would soon receive my updated premiums. Two days later I received a cancellation of my policy. I called Allied, they said they hadn't received any requests for changes to my policy (this was six weeks after we sent the initial paperwork and after they sent a letter re-requesting the signatures). I was told they had sent a bill on the 24th of July; I never received it. I asked for a confirmation of my premiums from the 1st of August till the 27th of August, never received them. I called and talked to a representative who told me that because my bill was past-due I had to pay what the letter I received stated or my policy would be cancelled. I told him I didn't even know how much I owed since I had never received the bill, and he told me to go talk to the post master; it wasn't their problem. In the end I cancelled my insurance since I was never told what my premiums were, instead of was being blackmailed into paying amounts I couldn't verify as truthful. No reputable company acts in this way. Allied Insurance thinks your money is their money. Avoid at all cost.

I was lied to

from Placerville Ca

On my way to work at 4:00 a.m. in the dark, a deer
ran in front of my car that I could not avoid hitting. I called Allied right away to report this. The agent informed me that I did not have car rental insurance on my policy, but I could add rental insurance right now and I would be covered by the time I needed to have my car repaired. I rented a car for 8 days and when it was time to pay for the rental Allied would not pay, because they say I needed to add retal insurance before the accident.

Not good insurance, burned twice

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Allied Insurance:

We had a few road side assistance claims, and a couple of fender benders. Auto insurance was cancelled by Allied. Not happy, or well communicated. Also took money out of our Tax Escrow on Home Owners Insurance once I dropped them as home auto. Also had another claim where a deer hit us, and they tried to make the claim our fault. Not happy, would not reccomend.

New provider for my agent

Comments about Allied Insurance:

I have been a customer with Allied for the last nine months when my independent agent provided me a new contract. My agent was able to work with Allied to establish me a new automotive insurance coverage plan at a very reasonable price. I recently had an accident and claim with Allied. I was to work directly with Allied and with my independent agent locally to resolve the claim in a timely manner. Allied customer service treated me very well and processed my claim that met my needs.

Customer Service
Allied customer service was excellent to work with during my recent claim processing. In addition, during my policy renewal Allied was able to reduce my rates for both my automotive and home owner's policies.

Available Plans
Allied provides both automotive and home owner's policies for my needs. The available plan rates are extremely competitive and desirable when compared to other insurance companies.

So Far, So Good

from MI

Comments about Allied Insurance:

My husband and I have carried Allied insurance for several years. We have them for our homeowner's policy, and we recently bought our second home, and we also carry them for auto insurance, for two vehicles - full coverage.

Luckily, up until recently, we have never had to make a claim of any sort, and we have always had fair prices from what we could tell. From time to time we shop around and get different quotes from the different companies, and Allied has always had the best prices.

This past summer we had some extensive water damage from a storm that caused a roof leak, creating interior water damage. We called Allied, spoke to the agent, then we spoke to the adjuster that same day. The process was all extremely easy and painless, and they covered the full amount of repairs quoted by our contract company, and our rates have not increased.

Customer Service
We deal with an agent locally who has always been very professional and easy to deal with, and thankfully, we have never had any problems at all.

• Available Plans:

I am seriously angry at Allied

Comments about Allied Insurance:

We have had Allied insurance for over 10 years and didn't make any claims until this year when our roof leaked. It turned out the swamp cooler was leaking and had seeped through the roof. Allied refused to pay for the roof, gave us a measly 1,000 to pay for damage in the house. We then received a letter informing us that they will no longer insure us because of our roof damage and because we had a trampoline that was not behind a latched fence. We are in the process of getting the roof repaired. The insurance never mentioned the trampoline to us. We no longer have young children at home so can easily remedy the situation. Bottom line they no longer want to insure us because we made a claim. We have certainly paid more than 1,000 into our insurance over the years we have been home owners so I am seriously pissed.

• Available Plans:

Allied Insurance more like all lies insurance!!

Comments about Allied Insurance:

This company is by far the worst experience I've ever had with car insurance coverage. First they kept wanting to know all who live my house hold and who they were insured by. Then they wanted to add my 20 year old daughter to my policy when she has her own car and her own policy (which is not with Allied). Then they wanted proof that she didn't live here, cause if she did live here they want to automatically add her to my policy. Where does it say to invade my privacy and that of others who live with me and proof my daughter doesn't live with me or force me to have her on my policy, as good company ethics. This company is not good to their customers rude and pushy to get their way to at your money. Run far away from this company! You would save yourself the head ache and the time dealing with these scam artists. Red flag should go up when a company is trying to get others personal information when all your asking for is for coverage for yourself. Hassle free. Would hate to see how they would have been if I stayed with them long enough to have needed to file a claim!!! Bad business ETHICS!!

Customer Service
The worst service... beginning till I cancelled and went else where. Where I am not bullied and forced to do things I don't want to do.

• Available Plans:

Amazing claim service, fast fair and professional!

Comments about Allied Insurance:

My 16 year old son had an accident on a Monday. Tuesday morning Allied contacted myself and advised that they had determined the car was a total loss. On Wed they contacted me with an offer and emailed me a label to send the title overnight/priority. On Friday they put the funds in my acct. They were amazing! Communicated very professional and promptly throughout and even did a follow up. No one ever wants to have a claim but if you do, you want a company like Allied that works with you and helps make it as painless as possible. Thanks for a great job!

Customer Service
I have always received outstanding service from my agency The McKellan Group but for a claim I dealt with the home office and they were great as well!