2.2
Alliant Credit Union

Alliant Credit Union

2.2

Outstanding customer service

I just opened my interest checking and savings account. First of all, Alliant's rates are outstanding compared to the rest of the market. That includes online savings banks like ING, FNBO, and...Read complete review

I just opened my interest checking and savings account. First of all, Alliant's rates are outstanding compared to the rest of the market. That includes online savings banks like ING, FNBO, and Ally.

What really struck me was how Alliant dealt with an issue opening my account. Apparently, there was some verificiation error with Equifax when they tried to open my account (beware, they run a hard pull on your Equifax credit report when you open the account). I called in afterwards and was given to a supervisor who thought I had found some glitch in their system. That part was obvious. However rather than blowing it off or passing the buck. The supervisor worked with me almost like a partner to get the issue resolved and try and fix the glitch. When I had a couple of ideas as to what might have happened with THEIR system, the supervisor listened intently to my outside perspective and followed up with me in just a couple of hours with a response from their vendor. I've never seen such transparency and honesty in a customer service department. No one seemed ashamed of the fact that there was a problem, but no one shied away from tackling it. I can get a checking account from anywhere, but I'd rather stay with a place that will take care of me if and when things go wrong.

Alliant employees are rude and vindictive

I had an account with this credit union for a little over a month. I had applied for a credit card and had called to check on the status which I was told that it was processing. then a few days later, I had called again and the rep on the phone got rude and told me that she had said that it was declined a few days before, which I didnt hear. so after heaing her arrogant attitude, I hung up. then a few seconds later, Alliant called back and I picked up and told her not to call me anymore. Then a few weeks later, I had received a certified letter which include a check stating that my accounts were closed because of "verification" issues, which is a lie. I had called alliant about this, so far nobody knows why my account was closed. I was told that the person who had sent me the check will contact me, but so far hasnt and I believe that they wont.

Warning, do NOT do business with this Credit Union!

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

Positively THE WORST bank I have ever dealt with. The representatives are rude, obnoxious and make you seem like they're doing you a favor even talking to you, even the supervisor treated me like trash (you don't do that to customers!) I only have one very old collection account on my credit report, and despite all of the positive open accounts they only seem focused on one collection account that is over 5 years old. Do yourself a favor and go with a bank that "cares" for you, like Capital One or Commenity Bank. Even GE Capital is better than these people. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with these clowns!

So much for loyal customers

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

After never being late on a payment for over 20 years, they wouldn't renew my credit card. I'll gladly take my business elsewhere and I suppose there's no reason to continue paying the balance on time.

Alliant Credit Union DECEITFUL BUSINESS PRACTICE

Alliant Credit Union DECEITFUL BUSINESS PRACTICE
*****Consumer Beware - Watch Out For Alliants CU *******
An employee of this credit union forged both my husband and my signiture on a credit card application. My signiture was signed using a different first name. When we asked for an investigation the account, they REFUSED to help or explain their actions. This was only the beginning of Alliant CU Despicable and Unethical bussiness practices.
My suggestion is NEVER do bussiness with Alliant Credit Union.

Awful company

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

Alliant has almost made themselves completely unreachable by their account holders (I'm one of em)

They have so isolated themselves from their customer's I'm appalled! NONE of their contact methods work that I can find because if there IS anyway to contact them they certainly don't seem to want their customers to know it NOR do they seem to give a darn.

Rude employees, no customer service ....

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

I was forced into Alliant Credit Union after the credit union I was most happy with, Continental Federal Credit Union was bought out. Customer service went downhill fast and they have fees for everything under the sun! I am surprised there isn't a fee on paying fees but I am not holding my breath. This is a losing proposition for both Continental/United and US Airways employees.

Do not care about repeat customers

from Ellington, CT

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

I opened an account about 4 years ago with Alliant through my employer. I had a portion of my paycheck deposited into the account. I thought that the interest I was earning was outstanding. We applied for an automobile loan and received the loan. I paid monthly without any late or missed payments. The loan was paid off a year and a half ago. I then applied for another loan. I was denied based on my credit score. Not on my actual "credit worthiness". If my credit report was looked at, it would be seen as almost perfect. The problem I'm having with my "score" is that like many, I have too much credit out there. I pay my bills on time, every month. But that doesn't account for anything anymore. It just frustrates me that I had a loan through them that was paid off and that doesn't account for anything either. Needless to say, I would never apply for another loan through Alliant, it was a waste of my time. I was able to get the loan through another bank, who was not a credit union.

Alliant employees are rude and vindictive

from North Hollywood, CA

Outstanding customer service

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

Being a member for 20 years, Alliant CU is unbeatable!!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

After 20 years of membership (3 car loans, 1 Heloc and several CD's), I have found Alliant to be unbeatable in products and service.

I have always shopped around for loans and interest rates for deposits, but Alliant has always been at the top of the pick list. Even against the other local (Florida) credit unions.

If ever an issue has arisen, the problem has been resolved with a phone call. I have experiences of both being in debt and having lots of savings. Alliant has been helpful to me and my family in both scenarios.

Thanks,

CP in South Florida

Alliant Credit Union is focused on hurting its own members.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Alliant Credit Union:

-Alliant reports its members when 30 or 60 days behind on a payment (more like a mega-bank than a member-owned credit union), harming the member's credit rating needlessly (vindictively?).
-If you overdraw their check card (how is that even possible?), for six months they hold all your check AND CASH deposits for days before they let you use the funds, making it even harder to cover your checks and make payments. This is after already paying expensive penalties. There is no explanation for this, it's just to punish the member.
-If you are late on a loan payment, they cut off your access to making future payments online or via ATM. That's right: instead of helping you, the member, catch up on a late bill, they actually go OUT OF THEIR WAY to put you farther behind.
-Alliant engages in the despicable practice of "universal default' by which banks use any negative credit activity, even if unrelated in ANY WAY to your relationship with them, as an excuse to raise your loan or credit card interest rates.

-Alliant customer service personnel are quick to explain that they have no choice but to do the above, yet no one at Alliant can explain any of the above policies: either why they exist, or how they benefit the membership in any way. Don't take my word for it; just call and ask them. The closest they come to an explanation is an almost gleeful, 'because we can.' Then ask any other credit union their policies. The difference is clear.

A credit union is supposed to help its members build and maintain good financial and credit health. Alliant Credit Union goes far out of its way to do the opposite. In my nine years' experience with Alliant, no one, and I mean NO ONE at Alliant is accountable to the member.

On the other hand, I understand that if you have $10,000 to invest in a cd, they pay marginally more than some banks.