3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

Although the bad rap, I still have a good result.

Although this had a bad rap of effects (the runs, oily discharge, etc.) I have only good results with Alli. I have already lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks with the pill. This pill is not a "magic bullet" but helps me maintain my fat intake with every meal. If you do go over the limit (usually 15 grams a fat) you will have treatment effect....see above. I cut almost all my fat out before I started this diet, and it seems to help much better than just starting cold r turkey. You have to ease into it, otherwise your body will be every mad at you.

They should call this "diarrhea in a bottle".

What works for one person, may not necessarily work for another.  I am a fine example of that!  A girl I work with was taking Alli diet pills and raved about how great they worked.  Although I couldn't see a bit of difference in her weight, she insisted she had lost a total of fifteen pounds in a little over a month.  So, I went out and bought a bottle of the pills.

What I liked about the program is that Alli doesn't want to starve you to death.  They want you to eat, but eat healthy foods in moderation.  Which was fine for me.  I like healthy choices.  The plan encourages you to limit your choices of fatty foods or food that is high in calories.  Not a problem.

First off, let me tell you that the Alli diet plan comes with an instructional booklet the size of the Bible!  Who has time to read all of that?  So, maybe my poor results were partly my fault.  I simply do not have the time to read all the information that came with the pills.   I didn't realize I would be asked to take a virtual course in the usage of the Alli diet!

So, for the results.  I lost nothing but a lot of.......stool.  There.  I said it.  I was under the impression that if I watched my calorie intake and avoided fatty foods, that I wouldn't suffer from the weird side effects I had heard about.  I was wrong.  This bottle of Alli was not playing around with me!!!!

The side effects that I had heard about were all correct.  At least for me they were.  Here's a little sample of what I, and many others, have endured with this product.

- Oily, loose stool
- Frequent urge to go to the bathroom (and I don't mean #1)
- An **URGENT** urge to go to the bathroom (again, not  #1)
- Severe flatulence

One important side effect that I, thankfully, did not have was anal leakage.  But it's been reported to have happened to some of the users of Alli.  (*It has been reported that some users have had to wear several pairs of underwear while using this product!*)  How horrible is that?  The side effects are bad enough that I quit using Alli after just a few days.  NO WAY is losing weight that important to me!  I have a life to live outside of the bathroom.

Under no circumstances would I recommend this product to anyone.  The abdominal cramps that I encountered while using Alli were reminiscent of the cramps I endured during labor!

To be fair, I will note that I have had my Gall Bladder removed.  I have no idea if this would cause my body to react to the drug in the way that it did, but for the sake of being completely honest I thought I would mention it.

Weight Loss through Fear of Embarrassment

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• Effective
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Caused Side Effects
  • Does not boost energy
  • Does not curb appetite

• Daily Use
  • Weight loss

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

Was excited to try Alli, heard such great things. Did not see anything for the first couple days I took this. Then came the HORRIBLE side effects. Oily, greasy residue in your underwear and the toilet, and the smell. Oh my gosh. It was awful. Talk about eating healthy - for fear of what this will do to you. Didn't even finish the first bottle it was so terrible.

Be careful when and how you use it

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

I bought into the hype and broke down and tried this product. After all, how can you resist something that claims that the fat is literally taken out of some of the food that you eat! I must say, though, pay attention to the directions on the package. I used it for a few days with none of the negative effects that many people experience. But during those times I ate fairly healthy meals and nothing too fatty. Then I went out with friends and didn't think about the fact I had taken these pills. I ate chicken wings, blue cheese and french fries. And spent most of the night and a good portion of the next day with several occasions of racing to the bathroom because of digestive issues. I suppose it shows that it does remove "stuff" from your diet because I sometimes have issues going at all and with using this product I went several times a day. But is it worth the risk? Besides, I have no idea if taking the pill was making a difference in my weight loss or if I was having success because I was being more careful in my food choices leading to lower calorie intake.

You eat less and make better decisions for fear of having digestive issues. So I suppose it is effective in that you will likely lose weight. I'm just not sure how much of it is taking the pill and how it impacts you and how much of it is forcing you to make better decisions.

Side Effects
The risk of side effects is too great to make this very useful.

• Side Effects:

Read the fine print warnings.

Profile Image

from Troy NY

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

The Alli Weight Loss Aid is made with Orlistat. What Orlistat does is block your body from absorbing around 25% of the fat that you consume. However, in order to not absorb that fat, your body does something else with it - get rid of it FAST!

How you might ask? Good question. Through your bowels.

Alli makes you poop. And you don't poop solids. Your bowel movements will be almost oily (unabsorbed FAT looks a lot like oil) and at times, they will probably be uncontrollable. You will react like a kid who's just learned to potty train.

I guess that the upside is, that if you maintain your same calorie intake, you will reduce the amount of fat consumed, and probably lose weight. But the downside is that you will have to
1) wear diapers
2) avoid white pants
3) remain within fifteen feet of a toilet at all points in time.

I would avoid it. Seriously, just eat less fatty foods and maybe go for a walk. ANY weight loss method has got to be better than these poop-pills!

Side Effects
You will poop oil.

• Side Effects:

One of the few pills that actually work - but holy side effects!

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

I'm giving this a 7 because I did lose some weight. One of the unmentioned side effects that sticks with you is a aversion to anything with visible fat. After you've experienced the effects of this pill you'll still avoid fat even afterward on the off chance that you might experience them again!

If you eat a low fat diet; this pill won't do much for you. As an american; you're probably not though. The stuff in this pill bonds to the fat you consume and helps (forces!) your body to get rid of it. This does help you lose weight (5 lbs in 2 weeks for me - no exercise or any other changes).

Side Effects
OK, these are horrible. Explosive greasy diarrhea that you cannot stop. I'd suggest the first time you try these pills that you do it on a weekend at home. Anything with fat comes out in a hurry. I don't know if it's the pill or the side effects scaring you into eating properly that works. But, this does work. I discontinued using this and started a regular workout regimen. Given my job, I don't always have a bathroom handy.

No thank you!

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

I had a terrible experience with these pills. I did not find them to be effective at all. My girlfriend and I both did it together and we we're miserable the entire time. I myself only last a couple of weeks. I lost two pounds and I am pretty sure it was only because I could not stay out of the bathroom. These pills are like little grease capsules. It is a hoax in my book. We both felt and got really sick while taking these. I do not even know why they continue to sell these.

Side Effects
Major bowel problems are associated with these. Embarrassing and explosive issues will occur. My friend and I tried to laugh about it but it really isn't funny at all. I did not lose any real weight but had headaches really bad. I think you have to stay very hydrated, over and beyond your normal hydration. I would not recommend this to anyone who has a life outside of their bathroom. Not a good product at all. Way over priced for no results.

• Side Effects:

I did lose some weight..

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

This product is suppose to make you lose weight but I think I lost more weight from the diarrhea this stuff gave me. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone however I did lose weight and that's what it was made for I have been taking these for 2 months and I dropped 20 pounds already but I was also eating healthy and exercising I do recommend this if people want to lose weight quick I have tried other pills but none have worked this does what its suppose to but the side effects really put a damper on it. Overall it made me lose weight

not a fan

from Boston, MA

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

I like many have struggled with my weight my entire life. After the fen fen fiasco over a decade ago I havr been apprehensive to try a medication to help me lose weight. When I heard that Alli weightloss aid was approved by the food and drug administration (fda) I determined that this would be a safe option to help me lose weight. It was very expensive compared to other weight loss pills, shakes, powders, products so I had high hopes for it being an effective product. I knew that this medication was for use with a diet and exercise program which you should be on to lose weight. The packaging information was easy to follow and understand and I felt safe that I wouldn't get sick from thia medication. I read the side effects and thwy seemed minimal. The product didnt seem to do much for me at all other than make me nauseous and have some strange bowel movements. Several of my friends had started using Alli weightloss aid pills around the same time I did and they complained of tge same symptoms some were more intense with mine - if you consumed fat it made your stool oily which was just plain gross. Even though I wasnt consuming fat the first few days on the medication I did experience oily stools which I am assuming was from the fats that I had consumed befoee taking the pills. Overall I didn't seem to lose more weight with the product than I would have with diet and exercise alone. I was very disappointed and once the pills were gone I never purchased them again nor would I.

This product did not seem to help me lose more weight than just dieting and exercising alone. Typically the first two weeks of a diet I lose between 12-15 pounds. The first two weeks of using this product with diet and excercise I lost 13 pounds

Side Effects
Side effects included loose and oily stools as well as persistent nausea.

• Side Effects:

An FDA-approved eating disorder.

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

You will only lose weight while you are on it, the weight comes back as soon as you stop using it. And the side effects are not worth the 5-10 pounds you'll drop.

Side Effects
Absolutely disgusting. You cannot leave the house. You will experience side effects within minutes of eating while on Alli. From dinner table to bathroom.

Alli Diet pills

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

I was not impressed at all with this product. It seemed like no matter what I ate, I got horrible side effects. I did not lose any weight on this product even though it was used with diet and exercise as recommended.

I did not lose any weight with this product, even with a diet and exercise.

Side Effects
I had horrible side effects with this product from the first day that I took it until about 3 days after I stopped taking it.

Worst diet pills

Comments about Alli Weight Loss Aid:

Like a lot of college students, I gained not only the “Freshman 15”, but a whopping 40 pounds while I was away at school. Trying to lose the weight was a never ending struggle, so I gave Alli diet pills a try. This was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made in my young adult life! The diet pills made me severely sick, and left me dehydrated; I had to go to the hospital for an IV of fluids. My appetite not only decreased dramatically, but the thought of eating anything at all made me nauseous. Then when I did eat, I would get so sick to my stomach I would throw up. I wouldn’t recommend these diet pills for anyone!