Other Allergy Medicines:
Allegra
Allegra - D

Allegra - D

I Can Get My Allegra-D Without A Prescription Now

I have been taking Allegra- D for years now. I suffer from chronic Sinusitis and have done so for several years now. The sinus infections almost lasts all year long. My first sinus infection of the year usually hits me around late December or January. After that I usually have them off and on until summer.I have been treated with antibiotics and antihistamine and surgery! It seems that after trying many different antihistamines and decongestants the road always leads back to Allegra D. It does very well for me.

Allegra D has both, antihistamine and Decongestant and it works wonders for me. I was very happy to find last week that Allegra D is now **available without a prescription ! **This is a blessing in itself. Allegra D stops runny nose, watery eyes and itchy eyes.It also opens up my nasal passenges so I can breathe again.

My son's ear,nose and throat doctor prescribed it for an ear infection. The doctor said it will dry up fluid in inner ear. It did just that!

I would defenitely recommend Allegra D to anyone who suffers from alergies or sinus infections. Allegra D is a wonderful medication that does exactly what it says it can do.

Okay, but not an amazing result

I have taken the 24 hour and the 12 hour and I much prefer the 24 hour pill.The 12 hour is an oval caplet with 2 colors. One on the top and one on the bottom. I suppose this is some sort of time release method; however it is VERY hard on my stomach.  Typically a portion of the pill never even gets broken down, so I can assume that I am not getting the full effects either.I find that; although it is the decongestant formula, the antihistimine portion takes over and causes me to have very dry nasal passages and throat.  It makes my throat audibly dry and scratchy.   The advantage is that I do seem to not sneeze as much when I use it.  Overall, I will take it when I have nothing else, but I don't find that it offers me any type of amazing result.  I'm still looking for that "miracle" drug that will allow me to breathe AND not sneeze!

Clears your sinuses

from Akron, OH

Comments about Allegra - D:

This stuff is great! I used to get a prescription for it but you can buy the prescription strength over the counter. This will clear you your sinuses and stop your sneezing. I use it in the spring during the time of high pollen and all of my symptoms clear up, even the red itchy eyes, I would it a 10 but it is expensive and you have to jump through hoops to buy it in Ohio. I definitely notice when I need to take it again but once I take it starts working within 20-30 minutes. It is the fastest acting allergy medicine on the market. It doesn't have the down side some other allergy medicines have, it doesn't dry me out. But you have to be sure to get the Allegra with the decongestant. The regular Allegra doesn't do anything for my allergies. It is like taking a sugar pill. Even though they are more expensive than the regular Allegra and you have to jump through hoops the get them in Ohio they are worth it.

Allegra-D

Profile Image

Comments about Allegra - D:

At one time this was only available by prescription. This one came out for over the counter sales and claims it is the same strength as the prescription. Unlike normal Allegra, this one also helps with nasal congestion and sinus issues. I bought this because I not only have allergies certain times of the year but horrible sinus problems. I liked that it was only one pill taken every twenty four hours and that I did not need a doctor's prescription to buy it. It really did help with my congested nose, sinus pressure, itchy watery eyes, and sinus headaches. It really did not help much with my sore throat or sneezing though. This medicine is labeled as non-drowsy and non-drowsy is what you will get. For the first few hours after taking this I felt like I had just drank ten gallons of coffee at one time. I was shaky, had cold sweats, and felt nauseous. If they could fix that I would take this more often.

Works well, but does not last.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Allegra - D:

I have really bad allergies when the seasons change and have to start taking an allergy pill again. I ran out of my prescription and the doctor was not able to see me for a few weeks so I had to buy something that was over the counter. I got this because it stated that it lasted the full 24 hours and that was important to me because many other pills I have taken in the past fell short and would only last half the day or so. I started taking them and found that they actually do work pretty well, my allergies were reduced greatly and I was not sniffling and sneezing all day with runny eyes, I felt better. It kept working all throughout my day and I was hopeful that it would last all night, well unfortunately it didn't. I tried to go to sleep and well it all came back, everything hit me again like a ton of bricks and all of my symptoms were back. So in reality this pill only lasted me about 15 hours in total, so far less than the 24, but it does work really well and help reduced your symptoms dramatically.

Good for strong allergy medication

from Utah

Comments about Allegra - D:

A couple summers my allergies have been bad enough that I needed a prescription strength allergy medication instead of over-the-counter medications. My doctor prescribed this Allegra D, and it worked very well for me. Typically my eyes get a bit swollen, bloodshot, and gooey, my nose gets stuffed up, and my throat gets very itchy. But when I have used this Allegra, it has worked very well for me. It is very easy to take, and I have not suffered from any side effects (other than perhaps the occasional extra sleepiness, but not too bad). It doesn't work absolutely immediately, but it does work pretty fast. It helps the itchy throat and itchy eyes quickest, and it practically eliminates those symptoms. It also helps cut down on the runny nose and gooey eyes a great deal, even if it does not eliminate them completely. Overall, I would recommend this Allegra for someone who suffers from bad allergies.

Great medication to treat allergies!

Comments about Allegra - D:

I had always seen commercials for this medication advertising how great their product was. I decided to try it this year since my allergies have been out of control. They are definitely telling the truth in their commercials. This medicine worked wonders for me. My allergies have been out of control this year. This medicine truly has worked to stop my itching eyes and runny nose. I am a teacher so I am outside at recess almost every day. I have started taking one of these daily and it has really helped me feel much better. My eyes are not itching as much and my nose has stopped running for the most part. The medicine is a little expensive. However, the quality is great. It is absolutely worth the money. I would highly recommend this product to anyone struggling with allergies. I plan to continue and use it all summer. It will help you be able to enjoy being outside again without all the horrible allergy symptoms!

Allegra-D is the best

Comments about Allegra - D:

After insurance stopped paying for Allegra-D, I tried using Zyrtec, Claritin, Alavert, Benadryl both OTC and prescription. Of all of the different allergy meds, Allegra-D was the first and the best of all of the meds I tried. It always cleared my nasal congestion and headache. It was given to me initially with an antibiotic for a sinus infection. It works without causing any drowsiness. The only con is that it is expensive but it truly does work well for allergies and sinus problems. If want to take something for sinuses that allows you to be functional, then Allegra is the drug to use.

24 hour allegra works wonders if taken in advance

Comments about Allegra - D:

I find that allegra is about as effective as all other allergy medicines if you take it when/after you are exposed to the allergen or start exhibiting symptoms. However if you take it an hour or more in advance, I find that when I encounter the allergen I have almost no reaction. I have only so far tested this with my cat and dog allergies, not my seasonal ones. One of the more effective allergy medicines I have tried.

One of the better over the counter allergy medicines.

Comments about Allegra - D:

I used to be on a prescription allergy medicine. They took of the market and said this was the same thing. This does not work as good as the prescription I took. It works good for an over the counter medicine, but it is definitely not as good as the prescription it was supposed to replace. I have allergies year round. This just eases them a little but does not make them go away. I pay as much or more than I did for my prescription, so I am disappointed in the price vs. effectiveness.

Sinus pressure GONE!

from Pasadena, TX

Comments about Allegra - D:

I suffer from sinusitis/allergies. I live in coastal Texas...the two do not mix. I went to so many specialists throughout my youth up until I was 19 (32 now). The major problem I have with sinus problems, is the pressure that builds, it develops into almost sinus migraines which prevent me from doing a lot. I have four kids, 3 dogs, and a disabled husband, so I need to do A LOT. Allegra is the only medication that I've tried, and I've tried a lot, that relieves not only the respiratory part of sinsusitis/allergies, but the pressure problem associated with it. This part of the problem causes headaches, inability to function due to the severity of headaches, nausea a lot of times or just a gagging reflex because there is just so much pressure built up everywhere. I take the 24 hour dose of Allegra-D. One downside is that it usually takes a while to start working once taken. Another downside is that although it clears up sinus problems, it also dries out the sinus cavity. But, drinking a little more water while under its effects will help to even that out. I don't take it every day, but even when I have to take it more often, it doesn't' lose its potency like other sinus medications I know of ...Claritin-D. Overall, best sinus medication I've tried yet...although I won't be trying anymore any time soon either because it works so well.

Excellent sinus medication

Comments about Allegra - D:

I took Allegra D for several years. I have always suffered from congestion. My sinus glands are always sore and feel like they have hot needles sticking them over and over. I was prescribed Allegra D when I was sick with an ear infection. The first days it did give me very bad headaches. After a few days, they subsided and I was fine. It brought me long-lasting relief from my congestion. I could breathe easily and my sinus glands were no longer painful. I did not notice any other side-effects from this medication. I took it with two anti-depressants. The only reason I stopped taking Allegra D was because I lost my insurance and could no longer afford to use it.