2.4

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:

I Love Allegiant Air

I read a review on here where someone ranted about being delayed and etc. While I feel their pain.. honestly, if you are staying in a resort and paying for an hour towncar ride, etc.. this probably wasn't the airline for you.

Having said that.. Allegiant Air is a LOW COST air carrier. And they are able to offer you discounted airfare, by saving money in different ways. One of those is cancelling flights that are nearly empty, perhaps (it never happened to me, but someone ranted about it).

They also mentioned the aircraft was noisy. I couldn;t tell. There were so many kids on the plane, that I couldn;t hear anything but kids. Didnt bother me really... thats what this airline specializes in.. making airfare affordable so that average families can take their kids on vacation.

I am a single mom of 5, and Allegiant Air has enabled me to take my kids on several vacations that I would not have otherwise been able to afford. I drive from Dallas to Shreveport to catch flights there.

They try and make the flight fun as well.. the flight attendants are among the friendliest and helpful that Ive seen - and I fly a lot on business. They have contests and all kinds of things while you are waiting on the runway to take off.. so for those travelling with kids.. it helps keep them busy and alleviate any fears they may have of flying.

Some people complain about paying for baggage, but I think it is great. When you purchase tickets, you have the option of paying more to check a bag, or to forgo it. I save the extra money and my kids and I take one carry on. Besides! It's Florida... what do you need more than a pair of shorts and some flip flops!? I dont like checking bags anyway, never have to worry about losing them, and as soon as you get off of the plance, you are good to go. No wait at the baggae claim. Plus.. I can choose to save more money off of my ticket by not checking a bag.

Allegiant Air is expanding and servicing more cities. I doubt they will ever service a large city like Dallas that isn't a tourist city, but I will continue to use the Shreveport terminal and only wish that they had more destinations from Shreveport.

Allegiant is a great airline, that has a lot to offer. Don't expect to pay $29 one way fare, and get a first class curtained seat, and champagne and caviar, and all the bells and whistles (which by the way, you ARE paying for on other airlines)

Get on Allegiant, go to one of their great destinations, and have a good time with your family! And best of all.. save the extra money that you will have saved on airfare.. and spend it on vacation.

This Airline Sucks!

I would not recommend this airline to roadkill!!! They advertise $39 flights each way per person from Greenville-Spartanburg to Orlando. Well folks, that's not Orlando International, it's Sanford Airport an hour away so then you have to have ground transportation and of course you're headed to Disney World and you made your November reservations in May as soon as they were taking November reservations but first they call you and tell you 6 weeks before your trip that your flight out will be 3 hours earlier coming home so you have to leave the resort now at 5:30 am to get to Sanford. That was quite a pricey nap all of you just took in that towncar ride. But then to top it off they let you know, also 6 weeks before your trip, that they've decided not to have a flight on Saturday but can put you on Sunday's flight. Oh, sorry you say, but my child's birthday party reservation we made 6 months ago at Cinderella's Royal Table is 4 hours before that flight on Sunday leaves and why are you doing this as I have a confirmed reservation from May 20. Oh, well, we can refund your money if this doesn't work out. Oh, and where I am going to find discount air fare 6 weeks before my trip you bunch of morons. Oh, but we can fly you down on Friday. OK, so I have an extra night at the resort before the rest of our family members come from another area of the country and the tickets are cheaper on Friday than they would have been on Saturday but sorry lady we don't refund the difference even though we are the ones that changed our flight dates. This is worse than any kind of delays to me. But hey, Disney was so worth it that Allegiant isn't worth letting them ruin your year of a million dreams but I'd fly another for more money, drive, or crawl before I would put my rear end on one of this sorry airline's planes again. Be very aware of the tactics of this airline. Oh, and take ear plugs because their planes are so loud you can't hear the person sitting next to you. MISERABLE AIRLINE!!!!!!

Awful

from Oregon Coast

Comments about Allegiant Air:

It really makes me sad to leave a bad review because I thought this airline was pretty awesome until today. We have lived in Oregon now for nearly 6 years. We travel pretty regularly back to Las Vegas to see family. I'm a business owner here on the Oregon coast, so I talk to a lot of people who utilize allegiant frequently, and I'll be sharing this story with them, as a precautionary tale. My mother and father-in-law made their first trip on allegiant airline through Eugene this weekend. Their flight from Las Vegas to Eugene was delayed on Friday, and then canceled that night. They live about and hour and 30 minutes outside of town, and in order to catch the early morning flight they had to rent a motel room. They woke up, and their morning flight was delayed as well. The delays pretty much ate the first day of their travel. They left the coast this morning to travel home, and arrived at the Eugene airport at the suggested arrival time of 45 minutes prior to the flight. When they got to the desk they were told that the flight had already boarded, and that they were too late although the flight wasn't scheduled to leave for another 45 minutes. The Eugene airport has a walkout tarmac. The flight had not left yet and was still parked outside. Mind you, this is not a large airport like Portland or Las Vegas. It's not like the planes were queued up waiting forever to take off. Also, it's not las if there was another flight leaving that they could catch later that day. The next flight out isn't for days! My in-laws had no choice but to rent a car and drive over 1000 miles today to get home. Their flight should've left at 2 o'clock. Putting them home by about four. It's now almost 10:00 PM and they still won't get there until about 5 o'clock tomorrow morning! Between the additional hotel room cost, the extra car rental cost, and the huge amount of time wasted, they're cheap flight became incredibly more expensive than they would've paid if they would've flown Alaskan!

Great Airline for the Value!

from Bellevue, Ne.

Comments about Allegiant Air:

I traveled on Allegiant Air recently and loved the experience. The staff was very friendly, the plane was clean, it was on time, no problems storing carry on and nice leather like seats. Overall I would highly recommend this Air Line.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Tennessee

Comments about Allegiant Air:

What is wrong with this company. Two years ago we booked flights from Ashville to Ft. Myers Florida, the flight was delayed 5 hours. As a gift I purchased a flight for my fiancé to visit his grandchildren and children, he chose a morning flight to have the day with his daughter-It was delayed almost 7 hours. This is so ridiculous. I can't think of a worse gift to ever giving anyone.....Sitting in an airport all day! I hope I never have to use Allegiant again. Sorry again sweetie

Worst experience ever

from Medford to Las Vegas.

Comments about Allegiant Air:

My husband and I booked a fairly inexpensive package with allegiant to Vegas. While delays are typical an almost eight our delay is ridiculous. We missed our first day in Vegas. Every 2 hours there was another 2 hour delay. After the second delay I called customer service and sat on hold for over 30 minutes. The woman on the line couldn't find the reason for the delay and couldn't say if it wouldn't be cancelled. After the 3rd delay we were sent an email with a $50 off our next flight. Not sure that I will even use it. The flight attendants were unpleasant on both flights. You couldn't hear the announcements and they spoke too quickly. They didn't even give passengers time to respond to their offers for purchases.

Horrible Company

from New Orleans to St. Pete/Clearwater

Comments about Allegiant Air:

I flew this airline before and had good experiences minus an overcrowded plane. However, after flying for the fourth of July, I will NEVER fly with this company again. We were told that our plane was delayed and it would be arriving at 6 PM. They gave us a $8 voucher to accommodate us for this inconvienance. About 45 minutes- 1 hour later we were told that the plane would now be arriving the next morning. Then they gave us $100 off our next flight (like we are really going to book with them again... no) and they lied to us again when they told us that breakfast would be provided at the hotel they accmodated us at. Truly horrible company with even more horrible customer service. I had a friend who flew Southwest the same day and they refunded him the amout of his total flight and got him on another flight.

Good safety record , good pricing

from Daytona beach Florida

Comments about Allegiant Air:

Alligient is no frills & always delays ! hard seats, everything Ala carter including boarding passes and peanuts cost you extra. BUT It's fast, safe, inexpensive and the flight staff are great. They have never had an accident and offer non stop flights to major cities for half the price of other airlines. Def worth the ticket ☺

Never book with them again

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Allegiant Air:

I booked on this airline for me and my nephew to come back the day after my mother's funeral. I booked it on a Monday. The flight left at 11 am this coming Sunday. After booking this, within 30 minutes my travel agent tried to cancel as I needed to stay longer for the funeral arrangements and closure. Allegiant's terms and conditions state that: Within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase, an itinerary may be cancelled for a full refund only if the flight's scheduled departure time is at least seven (7) days or more from original booking. Monday (day 1) Tuesday (2) Wednesday (3) Thursday (4) Friday (5) Saturday (6) Sunday (day 7). The travel agent said that when she called they would not issue me a refund only vouchers. I called in the evening after work as I could not believe this happened based upon their stated terms. I was on hold for 48 minutes. Lindsay with Allegiant told me that it has to be 7 days Monday to Monday. I count that as 8 days. I asked to talk to someone else, and Lindsay said she reports to no one and no one else can help me. They will issue a voucher only. I explained the death of my mother and she said my situation was not unusual!!! I am an owner in a company that will now not allow anyone to fly this airline. With this type of customer service they deserve to go out of business.

Price isn't worth it

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Allegiant Air:

Allegiant Air is the worst airline there is. We have only used them because they are the only ones with a direct to Las Vegas. If another airline came in they would go out of business. You think the prices are low until you add in the cost of your seat, the carry on bag price and then the hassle. They are always late, the customer service is terrible and they are quick to charge you more money. Fly with another airline if you can. Even if the price looks higher at first.

quick to book and charge - impossible to cancel

from Florida

Comments about Allegiant Air:

Booked my flight online in less than 30 minutes. It would have quicker but for all the additions needed to complete.
I went so far as to purchase travel insurance due to the volatility of my schedule.
Travel needs changed so I called the 800# to cancel. Online cancelation did not function. Over an hour to on hold!!!!!!!
Of course there is a fee to cancel. Allegiant will make their money once you are on the hook, at their convenience.
Apparently, Allegiants time more valuable than mine.

Hidden costs

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Allegiant Air:

I was about to book a decent rate through Allegiant. I was aware of their extra fees for seat selection and bags but when it came to payment and they wanted an additional $30 because I was going to pay using a credit card instead of a debit card I had to draw the line. That was just ridiculous! I searched Orbitz and ended up booking the same trip for more than $300 less. Be careful! Allegiant's "deals" aren't all they seem to be!!