Other Cold & Flu Medicines:
Alka-Seltzer
Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough

Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough

Works great and FAST!

This is a great product to get rid of sinus congestion fast. I began suffering from sinus pain and congestion on Saturday night; on Sunday I bought a pack of these and began using them on Monday while at work. I still felt bad most of the day Monday but by Tuesday morning I was feeling much better. My sinuses opened and I was able to breathe.
I took these, while a co-worker had the same symptoms and took another medication. On the second day of work (Tuesday) she was still congested and hoarse and I was feeling much better.
I am one that does not like to get sick so when I do get sick, I want it to end quickly. This medication works great and fast!!
If there is anything I could say negative about these, it would be the size of the pill. I do not have a problem swallowing pills, but for someone that does, they would probably have a problem taking these. But they are coated so they go down easily. Also, they are liquid gels, so I don't know if there is a way to get the medication out without having to swallow the big pill.

Relief of Aches & Pains
With any kind of sinus issue there is pain and pressure in the nose, face and head. When I took these, it took care of all of those areas. I had no more pressure or pain.

Alka-Seltzer cold and sinus medicine rescues from misery!

Alka Seltzer cold and sinus medicine works temporarily to a short term problem and you do feel relief at first. But with every cold medicines like these they tend to have a rebound affect. I have chronic sinus issues but when i get sick I turn to these over the counter cold and sinus products and probably use to much of it. What I mean by a rebound effect is that instead of feeling clearer in the nasal passage ways, I feel stuffier. I also do not like the after taste of the medications. So it works if you have an acute episode of sinus issues and if you take the medicine as perscribed. I would reccommend this product to anyone with a cold. you should also read the side effects. It can cause nausea and headache as well as other side effects. My father can not take this product due to he has a heart condition and his md does not reccommend him to take this product,Alka-Seltzer has a variety of selections just to fit your particular problem.

Finally getting relief

from Royal Palm Beach, FL

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• Clears Breathing
  • Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Congestion
    • Cough
    • Runny Stuffy Nose

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

I've been going for months with feeling miserable, headache, nasal congestion, irritated throat, coughing. I've been to the doctor several times, taken steroids, antibiotics, prescribed cough medicine, inhaler. I finally took the Alka Seltzer Sever Sinus and am feeling better within the past two days than I have in four months. Having A-fib and being on several medications, was leary about taking it but have not suffered from any side effects.

I have usedAlka Seltzer Plus for Years

from Elm City NC

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Clears Breathing
    • Easy To Administer
    • Effective
    • Fast-Acting
    • No Side Effects
    • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Congestion
      • Cough
      • Emergencies
      • Everyday
      • Itchy Eyes
      • Runny Nose & Sneezing
      • Sore Throat

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

I have used this for years, after dropping the tablets into a cup of hot or cold water, wait for the fizz to stop and drink it. The taste is ok, no problem drinking it. Alka Seltzer Plus really works, gets rid of the cough, congestion, headache and runny nose. This year I also used the flu version and I felt better and was able to function after taking it.

Strange medication that relieves cough and congestion

from north augusta sc

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

This is an odd medication that works very well on cold symptoms. I think it is strange that the capsule dissolves quickly in a beverage. The one bad thing about this medication that I will point out is the awful taste. The medication tastes horrible no matter what type of beverage you mix it in. I have tried it in orange juice and it still tastes horrible. The bad taste is one of the negatives of this medication. Another minor annoyance is that you need a beverage to dissolve the medication in . I would not advise eating it, which I have done on occasion. Besides the above, the medication works wonders on cold symptoms. This medication helped relieve my sore throat as well as reducing my coughs. It does not work on aches and pain. I only recommend this medication for cough, sore throat, and congestion relief. Try to take it with a flavored beverage to mask the horrible taste, and you will be glad that you got the medication in!

Congestion Relief
      Works great for congestion relief

Chest Congestion Relief
      Same as above, works well.

Relief of Aches & Pains
      Does not work at all on aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
      This is where the medication works great! Cough goes away and this helps sore throats.

• Cough Suppression:

Works well, but not a miracle product.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

Alka-Seltzer Severe Sinus Congestion and Cough is a good medication for when you are suffering from serious cold symptom complications. I hate when I have the terrible headache, my sinuses are raw and sore, and I feel like there is a weight on my chest. I have purchased this product before to help with these symptoms and I think I got what I paid for. It took about twenty minutes to feel a difference in my symptoms and I was able to get up and move around more. I got more done after using this product that I would have if I had not used it. After taking these gel tablets, my congestion was lessened significantly and my headache went down a lot more than I had expected it to. I was still having issues with the itchiness and coughing, but I was happy to have some relief. The only big issue I have is that this product is more expensive than other comparable products on the market. I have purchased other cold relievers over this one because of this issue. If the price was lower, I would purchase it more often.

Works great and FAST!

from Goldsboro, NC

• Cough Suppression:

I don't know what I would do without it.

from Powell, TN

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

It relieves my allergies, cold and flu symptoms.

I opens up my sinuses.

Chest Congestion Relief
      I opens me up, so I can spit it out.

Relief of Aches & Pains
      It is like taking more than one products in just a couple of capsuls.

Cough Suppression
      It works to allieviate my coughing.

Amazing relief

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

I absolutely love this product! I always make sure to have a couple boxes on hand every winter. It quickly works to relieve all of those yucky cold feelings and allows you to move on with your day. It's an all in one medicine - it relieves runny noses, congestion, and helps soothe your throat/cough. I've tried other brands and varieties, and I always come back to Alka-Seltzer!

Not that good

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

I do not really think that the Alka Seltzer cold and flu relief really works. Over the last couple of months, I was sick three or four times, and I used Alka Seltzer plus severe sinus congestion cough two of these times, using it as described in the instructions. Unfortunately, though, the medicine did not really do much to make me feel better. Usually when I am sick, I also get a horrible headache, and I must admit that the Alka Seltzer worked to fix my headache, but it did nothing to fix my cold, nor my cough, nor my runny nose. So, I would personally not recommend this product. I do admit that the medicine may work on others, because it worked on both my uncle and my dad.

These works pretty well

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

The Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Cough gels do exactly what they are meant to do, and these liquid gels are great for any cold, cough, runny nose, headache, or any other pain in the body. Though the “tablets” are huge, the biggest and slipperiest I have ever personally had to swallow, they work perfectly well. They definitely do not cure right away, but if you take them for a couple of days, then you definitely feel better. At least that is how it was for me when I took Alka-Seltzer during a horrible cold last month. Best part is that there isn’t any weird after taste. I hate all sorts of medicines because they always leave weird aftertastes in my mouth, but this gel has no taste, but lots of effect.

Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus Fights Nasal Problems

from Houston, TX

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Sinus Congestion & Cough:

An old favorite among medicines is Alka- Seltzer. Its tiny bubbles have been bringing relief to individuals for decades and it has greatly expanded its offerings over this time period. One of its many good products is **Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus.**

**Medicine Commentary:**

Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus contains the active ingredients Acetaminophen and Pseudoephedrine. These ingredients work to relieve symptoms of nasal congestion, sinus congestion, and headache causes by colds, allergies, hay fever, etc.

Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus is an effective medicine to fight the symptoms that accompany colds and allergies and I have been relying on this product to treat my sinus problems for as long as it has been on the market. I usually catch cold only once or twice per year, but I have bad allergies and nagging sinus problems that necessitate the use of over the counter drugs for a good part of the year. Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus is one of several that I rely on to fight these problems and it is one of the more effective medicines available for this purpose.

Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus is prepared by dissolving in water and this fact makes it a little less convenient than other medicines, which do not require dissolving. Once dissolved, it is easy to take because it involves drinking liquid. The different flavors taste fairly good, too, but I have found that, depending on how I feel at the time, the fizzy nature of this product isn’t always desireable.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Alka- Seltzer Cold and Sinus is a good product for sinus and pain issues. It goes to work quickly and works as promised. I don’t like that a dose is good for only four hours, but this is still a good product for quick relief from sinus issues of different sorts.

Congestion Relief
      Helps to break down congestion

Chest Congestion Relief
      Loosens chest congestion to a moderate degree

Relief of Aches & Pains
      A good deal of pain relief