Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Pros

Cons

Does the job well!

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

I have used Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu once way back, may be in 2012. I got it just because it was on sale, otherwise it is little pricey for the job it does. I mean it does a good job but then we have other brands in the market which does as good of a job for a lower price. It is a good formula and does a great job. It lets you sleep through the night when you are either in pain or have cold or flu. You feel much better and refreshed and with less congested nose if you take Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu a night before. The formula is perfect and lasts for twenty four hours, you feel good throughout the day and then can have it again before going to bed. I have not tried this product for cough or Chest congestion so would not like to review for that, but I guess it would work well for that as well. Will I buy it again? Well depends, if it is on sale and I need it then yes, else NO, I wont.

Do not know!

Do not know!

I Love it!

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula has been the best product that I tried that helped me relieve my cold. I also like this product because during flu season, I caught a cold and it was very difficult for me to sleep because of my runny nose and coughing. Every night, I try to take this as early as possible so the effect can wear off so i can get out of bed and go to work. Also, using Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula is the only product that I tried that has ever relieved my coughing and runny nose completely throughout the night. It made it easier for me to sleep because when I never used this product, it was hard for me to breather because my nose felt clogged and I had to go to sleep with my mouth open every single night until I found this product online. Now, I had no problem sleeping and I was able to wake up without any trouble because I felt fully energized instead of feeling groggy in the morning.

• Cough Suppression:

This stuff works wonders.

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

I have had a really bad cold and flu season, I seem to just keep getting sick every time it comes around! This medicine really helped me be able to sleep and relieve my cold and flu symptoms! It is so hard to get sleep when you're congested and nose is running everywhere and this medicine really knocked out my symptoms! It is now the only nighttime medicine I'll take when I have a cold or when I'm feeling congested!

Congestion Relief
This really helped clear up my congestion so I was able to get a pretty decent nights sleep. It's so tough to sleep when you're so congested and I am glad that I found this medicine because it really works!

Cough Suppression
I couldn't really tell that this helped with my coughing, but it sure did help with my other cold and flu symptoms.

Faster symptomatic relief

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Night provides faster symptomatic relief than most of the other cold & flu remedies. I am writing this based on my personal experience only. I have tried many remedies over a couple of years and I have experienced that Alka-Seltzer Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Night provides quick symptomatic relief in the night and makes the sleep less disturbed. As a result I can work better with no stuffy nose, fatigue and aches next day in my office. No one would like to be embarrassed in front of the boss with a congested stuffy nose !!!

Congestion Relief
The congestion is relieved within 24 hours of use most of the time.

Chest Congestion Relief
Chest congestion may take a little longer to be fully relieved.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Aches and pain together with fatigue are the symptoms that I would like to go away quickly because they affect my work performance. With its consumption the aches are almost gone within 24 hours too.

Cough Suppression
Cough gets suppressed but a little bit of itchiness may persist sometimes.

• Cough Suppression:

A great cold medicine that soothes stomachs, too

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

I get those terrible colds that have sore throats or runny noses that linger for weeks, and this is a very helpful product for those milder symptoms- it works great if you take it as you're getting ready for bed to combat the uncomfortable-ness that makes it hard to sleep and it the bubbly Alka Seltzer is really soothing. It doesn't knock you out like Ny-Quil or Benadryl, but it does help you sleep without the grogginess. I would definitely recommend it!

Alka Seltzer Plus

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

I have recently had a pretty bad cold and couldn't sleep for nothing. I had my roommate go to the store for something and this is what he brought back. I can't say the taste was all that great, not terrible though. BUT, this stuff works! I was asleep within 20 minutes and the next day I felt so much better. I used it again the next night and by the morning I was feeling right as rain again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!

• Cough Suppression:

alka seltzer plus night time is the bomb

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

alka seltzer plus nighttime is the greatest thing since cell phones.  it is absolutely the only thing that quiets my cough other than a prescription drug.  I have chronic bronchitis so when I cough I really cough.  It helps me get the rest I need and not feel drowsy the next day.  I can actually breathe without sitting up in the chair to sleep. It also takes care of any feverish aches I may have.  I would strongly recommend it to anyone with severe cold symptoms, and to those who have chronic brohchitis, not as a cure but for relief.

We buy this product because it works. Period.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

Our family always used Nyquil Night Time medicine because of it's reputation for being so effective. When I saw Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Liquid Gels, they were on sale for a very affordable price and appeared to do the same thing as Nyquil. Now, this medicine has replaced Nyquil as our 'go to' med for nighttime cold relief. However, it may not be effective enough for everyone.

Congestion Relief
I like the way this product relieves congestion without making me feel like I'm hyped up on caffeine. It works very well, making it easier to breathe through the nose for a short period of time.

My only complaint about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Liquid Gels is that you have to take them every 4 hours. So, if you take them before bedtiime, they aren't strong enough to give you relief through the entire night. You either have to wake up to take more, or the effects of the medicine wear off.

Chest Congestion Relief
This medication is not designed for chest congestion relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
If you are suffering from mild body aches and pains, this product will offer you some relief. It does contain 325mg of acetaminophen in each capsule, and you take two capsules for one dose.

Cough Suppression
If you have a severe cough, this mediciation may not be enough to supress it. But, if you have a slight cough associated with throat irritation, you'll find that it works just fine. It contains 10mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide in each pill, and each dosage requires you to take two pills.

• Cough Suppression:

This is the only medicine I take when I have a cold!

from Fergus Falls, MN

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold & Flu:

Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula is the only medicine I take, at night time, when I have a cold !

For: Nasal congestion, cough, runny nose headaches, body aches & sore throat

I like Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula because it's so hard to sleep when your congested & coughing. For some reason I get totally blocked up when I get a cold! Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula seems to get rid of alot of the phlem. This medicine also relaxes me so I can actually fall asleep! If you can't sleep when your sick it's hard to get better!

I also have sleep apnea (I have a machine) which is not fun when you have a cold & can't breathe but it doesn't seem to bother me too much when I take Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold Formula. I sleep like a baby! Great stuff!

Does make you drowsy so take it early enough in the night so when you awake it's worn off and you feel refreshed. Do not drive or operate machinery-alcoholic drinks may increase effects of drowiness