Other Cold & Flu Medicines:
Cold & Flu Relief, Effervescent Tablets
Alka-Seltzer
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough

Pros

• Easy to administer (3)
  • Effective (3)
  • Good flavor (3)
  • No side effects (3)
  • Relieves symptoms fast (3)

Cons

• Congestion (3)
  • Cough (3)
  • Runny nose & sneezing (3)
  • Sore throat (3)
    • Cough Suppression:

Relieves cold symptoms very effectively & very quickly.

I hate having a cold. I don't want cold symptoms such as a stubborn cough, congestion, sneezing, aching all over, sinus headaches, and/or a nasty, runny nose making me miserable. I use many different Over The Counter cold and cough medications to get me through until my cold runs it's course and jumps on someone else.

One of my favorite OTC cold medications is **Alka-seltzer Plus Cold and Cough Liquid Gels** because these purple liquid gels relieve all of my cold symptoms very effectively and very quickly. I don't have to take anything but two of these gel caps and I feel human again!

The product's features are:

- *Fast Relief of Cough, Nasal Congestion, Runny Nose, Headache and Body Ache, and Sinus Pressure*

- *Contains Acetaminophen (pain reliever and fever reducer), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (antihistamine), Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (cough suppressant) and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride, which is a nasal decongestant.*

- *Temporarily reduces fever*

**Alka-seltzer Plus Cold and Cough Liquid Gels** make me a bit drowsy sometimes, but they don't knock me out or make me where I can't function. They don't make my heart race, either, which is something I cannot stand! They simply relieve the symptoms of my cold and they do it extremely well.

I consider **Alka-seltzer Plus Cold and Cough Liquid Gels** to be one of the best 'all in one' OTC cold medications on the market. They may be a little more expensive than other brands, but they are worth the cost because they work so well.

In my opinion, this is a 5 star product and I very highly recommend it.

Congestion Relief
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine very quickly and very effectively relieves congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
If you have a cod that includes chest congestion, I would recommend using Mucinex DM instead of this product. Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine doesn't contain a cough expectorant, so it's not effective in relieving chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
The Acetaminophen in this product helps relieve aches and pains and it helps reduce fever very effectively.

Cough Suppression
The Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide in Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine works quickly and very effectively in suppressing even the most stubborn cough.

DISGUSTING

I tried this stuff recently when I was sick because this is what my dad uses and he told me to try it. I am not sure if it made me feel better or worse. It was abolutely horrible. It tasted nasty and left a nasty taste in your mouth. The only good thing about it was that right after taking it I was able to go to sleep. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the medicine or if I was just tired of being sick and I needed to go to sleep. I think if they changed this up a little and made it so it didn't taste so gross or have the nasty after taste I would try to use it again. That was the worst part about the whole experience. I could seriously taste it in my mouth for a good two houre after I took it. I know that this medicine works great for others but it didn't work so well for me. I will stick to my tylenol cold and sinus for now until they decided to change things about this especially the taste.

Best thing on the shelf for me

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

Everyone is different but for me the "Fizz Fizz" really is a relief when it comes to making my cold symptoms managable. I always have this on hand. Might be my imagination but seems the duration of my cold/flu is less when I take this. The overall taste is not terrific but the orange flavor is pretty good. You only need about 4 ounces of water to make ut dissolve and take comfortably.

I highly recommend the dual pack. My routine is that as soon as I'm sure it's not my imagination, I hit the shower, then take the Night-time one and hit the sack. Unless it's very bad, the Non-drowsy formula is the best in helping break up congestion without hacking and relieve the runny nose, aches and

I think the trick to this medicine is to take exactly as directed quickly and stay hydrated! ,
Of course, this is only my experience and only for routine colds/flus.

Breaks it up fast!

Chest Congestion Relief
Might recommend something else. If chest congestion is the worst symptom.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Nothing works better or faster

Does pretty well

• Cough Suppression:

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough works!

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

I give this a 10 for Overall. This has a nice Citrus taste, when it melts doesn't have a bad after taste, and it works.

Congestion Relief
.It does help with the head Congestion Relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
It helps break up the mucus in the Chest congestion.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I felt relief from the aches and pains

Cough Suppression
Yes it did help with Cough Suppression. After taking about 30 minutes, The coughing did subside.

• Cough Suppression:

Classic Product that really works!

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

I seriously was raised on Alka-Seltzer. Anytime I did not feel good my mom would make me a drink with Alka-Seltzer. I am so happy that the brand has come out with different products that tailor to everyone’s needs. This cold and cough product is amazing. Anytime I am feeling sick I will take one of these and it will get me feeling better in no time at all. I am not going to lie to you, Alka-Seltzer doesn't taste amazing. Most people really hate drinking the water but the trick is to just use a little bit of water so you can drink the entire thing in just a few gulps.

Congestion Relief
This product works great and fast to relieve your congestion when you have a cold.

Chest Congestion Relief
Check Congestion and really any time of congestion is really diminished when taking Alka-Seltzer.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Nothing makes you feel better than taking an Alka-Seltzer! It really gets all of your symptoms and will lead the way to a speedy recovery.

Cough Suppression
I get very bad coughs when I am sick and this product does a good job at controlling it. My cough does not completely go away but it is greatly reduced.

Gets the job done

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

When winter rolls along one thing that is a certain with me is that I will be getting sick either with a cold, cough or runny nose. Well I have to say thank you to Alka-Seltzer this year because it has been a life saver. These Alka-Seltzer tablets really do the job well at relieving a bad cold cough or runny nose. As soon as I took, maybe minutes, I started to feel much better. My cough was all gone in just a day. I am not too found of the taste though. It taste like your regular Alka-Seltzer tablet with a hint of citrus.

I have also used when I have been light headed or have had headaches. It also helps relieve stomach aches and sinus pressure. I love keep them in stock in my medicine cabinet just in case I run out of a box and need more. They dissolve pretty quick in water and take effect in just a matter of minutes. I am very grateful that I was able to find these at the drug store where I did.

Does a great job.

Chest Congestion Relief
Very good at relieving it.

Very effective.

Very good at it.

• Cough Suppression:

Cold and Cough relief just do not last long enough

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

This product tastes terrible. I just can't stand the carbonation. If you've ever accidentally gotten "soda water" or seltzer water out of a soda machine you will understand just how bad this tastes. It does taste somewhat better than drinking cough syrup--okay a lot better but for what it does it just isn't really worth it unless you already have some lying around already or are visiting someone who has this product. It really only helped after about an hour of waiting and even then I felt like it only lasted two hours and then the symptoms were just as fierce as ever. I just don't think cold and flu "medicines" and "remedies" can be bought or gotten at a pharmacy. May have to just ride it out. These do provide minor relief and at a fraction of the cost of more popular brands but overall I would just go with a product that also causes drowsiness to help sleep through some of the worst of the cold or flu.

Congestion Relief
I have to say it took about an hour to feel the relief and it really only lasted for two hours. Considering you can take these every four hours, that might not be so bad, but would've preferred a product to last much longer. But then again, when the cold and flu hit, you really will take what ever medicine will kind of take the edge off the symptoms.

Chest Congestion Relief
I only got minor congestion relief with this product and I believe that may have had more to do with the hot water I used it in than anything but overall it did help with chest congestion for several hours until time for the next dose.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I have to give credit where credit is due. The acetaminophen or whatever the pain relieving agent in this product is, is just the right amount between doses. I did feel significantly less achy and in a lot less misery as far as my body when using these.

Cough Suppression
It does manage to help somewhat but it isn't a miracle. I still believe a lot of the supression and cough relief come from the heat of the water they are used in but for an hour or two of relief, sometimes that's all you need to be able to doze off for the night.

• Cough Suppression:

works fast and relieves my cough

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

I get the worst coughs and I can't stop sneezing, I like to try different medicines to see which one works faster. I like the Alka Seltzer plus cough it works fast and it makes me feel a lot better. I just drop the tablets in my water and I start to feel immediate relief in my chest and my sore throat. I noticed that my cough isn't as bad as it was before. It makes me feel a lot better in no time. I like how it doesn't have an overpowering taste, its great tasting and its easy for me to drink. I feel like I can breathe better especially through my nose when I have a runny nose. Anytime I feel a cold coming I take this and I start to feel a lot better. I feel like it prevents me from getting worse which is great. I would recommend this to anybody who wants fast relief to there cough or cold. Its great because its non drowsy so it won't make me sleepy. I always take these every morning and I start to feel better through my day.

Great find

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

I was really skeptical about this product because I had never had alkaseltzer before but I was pleasantly surprised. I usually get a lot of colds during the winter and once I took it my throat did not hurt as much and my nose stopped running.

Cough Suppression
Did a really good job getting rid of my cough

• Cough Suppression:

Alk-Seltzer Plus Works so fast.

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

I was very congested with a yucky cough and had to get rid of it fast to return to work as soon as possible. I took the medicine and within hours I was feeling better. I returned to work the very next day.

Congestion Relief
My congestion was pretty bad. After taking the medicine I felt so much better. My nose cleared right up.

Chest Congestion Relief
It does not relieve the chest congestion as fast as it does some of the other symptoms. After a few days it cleared my chest congestion up too.

Relief of Aches & Pains
The cold I had caused me to have extremely painful headaches. This medicine got rid of those headaches very fast.

Cough Suppression
I had a very yucky cough, but after taking the medicine my throat was only a little scratchy, but it did wonders for me.

• Cough Suppression:

hard to swollow taste, but works great

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

When it comes to congestion or other cold related symptoms this product works great. It's fast acting and long lasting. However, it has a sand like after taste and if not mixed properly you get the worst taste in your mouth. Also, the effectiveness decreases the more water you add to mix all the way. It helps with arthritis pains as well. If you are looking for a fast acting cold product then give this a try, just remember to mix correctly.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I have used this product to help with arthritis and joint pain as well. It works great!

• Cough Suppression:

Keeps me alert and feeling better throughout the day.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough:

As a teacher I need good relief for a cold that doesn't make me foggy and out of it. Alka-seltzer Plus helps my congestion and cough and keeps me alert and feeling almost normal. The citrus flavor is fine and it doesn't take long at all to start working. Do not like the "fizzy bubbles" as much as a pill to swallow, but I do think this drinking method allows it to take effect more quickly

Congestion Relief
It is great for the first three hours, then by the end of the fourth I can tell it is about time to take another dose. I do like the way it doesn't seem to totally dry me completely out, so I feel more normal than sick, but medicated.

Chest Congestion Relief
My chest congestion clears up quickly and I feel and sound close to normal.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This I rely on and the aches and Pains go away very quickly. Really helps me to get through a day of teaching.

Cough Suppression
My coughs are under control for about 3 hours, but if I am doing a lot of talking in the fourth hour I will start to cough more frequently. To me this is totally worth it because the rest of my symptoms are much better.