Other Desktops:
Alienware
Alienware Area-51 Gaming desktop computer

Alienware Area-51 Gaming desktop computer

My God, One of the best Gaming PC's Out there!

Pros

Cons

Comments about Alienware Area-51 Gaming desktop computer:

Once I received my Alienware PC, it was flawless. I was able to run games such as League of Legends at MAX GRAPHICS + play at around 100 FPS. VERY AMAZING COMPUTER!

If you are familiar with regular windows, you should be fine. It is very easy to navigate with the keyboard + mouse. I gave this a 9 because it is hard to switch tabs very effectively. Though it might be the operating system that has caused this, the usage is very efficient for this PC.

Hardware Quality
        Very durable! I ran Maximum graphics on Battlefield 4, and the computer felt like an ice cube! It must be the infrastructure of the case that makes this PC really cool (no pun intended).

Support & Service
        Customer Support/Service:
        I was contacting the Alienware support as it was shipping, to keep in contact with where my PC was after I ordered it. They responded very fast! Very nice customer service! If I could give this an 11, I would!

Computer Support/Service:
        The computer has extremely good performance and is very durable. I can't stress how amazing this PC is.

Once you have the PC setup at your station, it basically stays there. It is hard to move it and is very durable when it comes to getting hit. I had my cat jump up on top of it, and it would still be intact. However, just placing it in the right position took some time, since I had to get it at the right angle where I could let the vents have an opening position to cool the PC.

Pretty solid design, just like any other Alienware computer. I actually expected a little bit more from this product than the others since it costed me a truckload of money. The design is never the less very efficient for this computer since it needed airflow. If placed in the right position, it will be one of the best gaming PC's out in the market.

Flawless. That's all I can describe it. It runs my games. I get amazing loading times and graphics. Very good. Here are some games that I run in the format of (game,graphics type,fps, cpu temp in celcius)

League of Legends, Max, 100, 60
        Battle Field 4, Max, 80, 63
        Krysis, Max, 40, 70
        Call Of Duty, Max, 100, 54

• Hardware Quality:
        • Support & Service:

2 Days In, And I'm In Love

Comments about Alienware Area-51 Gaming desktop computer:

Wow. What else can be said about this particular PC? PLENTY! I just got my first Alienware PC ever, and it is sweet. i've always wanted one, saved up, and it's finally here. First off, this rig is fast, super fast. I used the alienware website to custom build mine to run some of the most demanding videogames out there at max resolution. in a word, success. I started with an Intel Core i 7 Proc. 12 GB's RAM, and a Tri-SLI Video card setup. The website is feature packed and easy to use. Have fun building one for yourself.

Set up is what you would expect if you've ever setup a new desktop PC. if not, everything is color coded and can only go in one way.

Hardware Quality
        Alienware sources only the best componets for these babies. these are high end systems, not toys. choise are seemingly endless when you visit thier website and start building one.

Support & Service
        As i've stated, i just got my first one so i have not used/needed any customer service yet. the good news is i had no touble building, oredering, or recieveing it.

seems well constructed. i do not anticipate any real damage to it.

The coolest thing about these is the unique alien style cases. glowing lights, pulse options, mood settings, it's all there. construction of the case seems sturdy. it's made of steel, and the edges are curved so you won't cut yourself when swapping out parts.

Performance is amazing. check the specs they provide to get what you want/need.

• Hardware Quality:
        • Support & Service:

The Alienware Area 51 is a good system for top performance.

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Alienware Area-51 Gaming desktop computer:

The Alienware Area 51 is a good overall computer system. Every system has its own flaws and the Area 51 is no exceptop. Heat seems to be the main issue with the cpu, tho this tends to be a localized issue of the Pentium 4 moniker. The motherboard is loaded with features sure to please anyone looking to add on to the system, modify the system or overclock to their hearts content. Another drawback that may affect your buying decision is the slight lack of room inside the case. Though there is plenty of room vertically, horizontally there seems to be a bit of an issue. People with longer video cards may have problems fitting their cards in on first try. Another key staple of this system is the onboard RAID support. Plug and play, make a couple selections in the bios, and bam, RAID 0 or RAID 1, or whichever RAID set up your heart so desires. Keep in mind that to set up a RAID system, you need blank formatted hard drives of the same size and speed. Much like setting up an SLI or Crossfire system with your video cards. So far ive been impressed with the speed and flexibility of this system. The RIAD 0 set up on the hard drives makes the system feel snappy and quick, even while loading larger files such as home movies or video games. The video card will enable you to play todays most demanding games without too much effort and most of the eye candy turned on.