4.1

Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo

4.1

Pros

Cons

For awsome hair & price value, its VO5 EXTRA BODY Shampoo!

*                              ...Read complete review

*                                  I just want to say, " I LOVE VO5 EXTRA BODY!"  *

*     I consider myself to be the average natural woman, who loves the beauty of life. I cherish the simple every day things we so often miss in our sometimes hectic lives, like a childs smile, a slight breeze, a bird singing, or the awsome performance of VO5 EXTRA BODY Volumizing Shampoo.  *

*     I have used VO5 for years and it has always been my favorite all time shampoo of the many ones I have tried. To start with ,I have always loved the fact that THEY DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS! I am a firm believer in not testing on animals and I"ve always felt that way. This is one of the things that drawed my attention to VO5 many years ago.*

*     Now, the value for the money is just unheard of! How often can you purchace a product at such a low price & realize it is as good, or, (in my own opinion) a lot better than a lot of those higher priced shampoos on the market!?*

*     I have long thin hair, and VO5 EXTRA BODY gives my hair shine, body, bounce & always leaves it silky smooth. It is a pro vitamin nutrient enriched formula with collagen for Beautiful hair. This means your're going to have shine, maximum body and bounce, added volumn, & healthy beautiful hair! And if that isn't enough, it also leaves your hair with a light, fresh, clean scent...which is great with the light, (not heavy & weighed down) feeling you get when you use VO5 EXTRA BODYShampoo.Oh, & it keeps color treated hair looking great!*

*     VO5 EXTRA BODY Shampoo lathers up great and rinses easily from my hair. Everyone who truly knows me, knows what kind of shampoo I use.I highly recommend this shampoo to all my family & friends or even other customers in the store who I notice are shopping for shampoo, while I'm getting my VO5 EXTRA BODY Shampoo. *

*     If you want a totally great shampoo at a terrific price - VO5 EXTRA BODY Volumizing Shampoo is for you! If you want a shampoo that does not test on animals VO5 EXTRA BODY Volumizing Shampoo is for you! If you want a shampoo that leaves your hair with a light fresh scent, one with added exclusive 5 pro vitamin complex to maximize body & shine, a volumizing formula, that leaves your hair Gorgeous..VO5 EXTRA BODY Volumizing Shampoo is definetly for you!*

*     Don't you think you should give VO5 EXTRA BODY Volumizing Shampoo  a try today? You are not only going to save money & get a great product, that does a wonderful job on your hair. It is not tested on animals, it has vitamins & collagen for even more beautiful body, shine & bounce! Its great for color treated hair & has a wonderful light scent! What more could we ladies or gents want?*

worked as well as i expected it too

Alberto vo5 extra body shampoo is very reasonable and is a great product for the money. it wasn't the best or the worst shampoo i have used but it did what it stated on the label and for the price it can't be beat. i liked the smell too. it was clean and fresh.

Very affordable

from Texas

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

I have tried Alberto V05 Extra Body Shampoo in the past because it's very affordable and I wanted to save money. The shampoo is very basic and gets the job done. I noticed the shampoo isn't as thick as others I use but it's not water either. It lathers up well and rinses out easily. I like to switch brands of shampoo often and don't always stick with the same one. I feel this is what makes my hair manageable. That being said I liked this shampoo but wouldn't use only this shampoo. It did a great job at getting my hair clean but I think prolonged use of it would cause my hair to be weighed down and limp. The color of the shampoo is a copper or brown color which at first I thought was a little weird but after a while I didn't seem to notice or mind. I didn't feel this shampoo had much of a scent.

Does a great job at cleaning my hair but I wouldn't use it all the time on a regular basis. I like to switch my shampoo brands from time to time.

This shampoo didn't really have a scent that I noticed.

A really nice shampoo for the price.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

Often, I buy a shampoo to try that costs a fair amount less than the normal brand I buy and I am disappointed. I usually like to try new shampoos because you never know when you will find one that really impresses you, no matter the cost. I was truly impressed with VO5 Extra Body Shampoo. I do not use it regularly, but I did like it when I tried it. I have very fine hair, so having a shampoo that offers extra body is very much appreciated. VO5 Extra Body lived up to its promises. I definitely noticed more body in my hair after using this shampoo. I really liked the scent of this shampoo and it did not take a lot of it to get a good lather in my hair, which is something I love. Also, the price is definitely right. Sometimes, money is tight, and I am not able to afford my usual shampoo, so this brand is a good alternative until I am able to purchase the one I usually use again. I would definitely recommend this shampoo for those on a tight budget and those who need an extra boost to their hair!

This shampoo is definitely effective. I had extra body in my fine hair after the first use.

Great Smell and Conditioning!

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

Love the way this product smells and how fresh and clean my hair is after using it. It has been around since I was little and my first experience with it was when my dad bought it for me to use. It has been a favorite since then and has only gotten better over time! It has such a wonderful smell and is so low priced that it simply cannot be beat! This shampoo brings back so many memories and I now use it for my kids too. It also bubbles up, making for a very nice tub full of bubbles. Bubble baths are a favorite in our house, so that is a very nice part of having this shampoo. The value cannot be beat. It comes in a nice size bottle and the price is very reasonable. This is also a product that is readily available.

It is extremely effective at cleansing hair and making it look pretty and shiny!

The smell of this shampoo is amazing, I love it so much! The smell is what keeps bringing me back to it.

Average

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

We'll start with the positives. I really like the scents in this line. They are fruity and fresh and exactly the type of scents you want in shampoos. The scent also lingers in your hair and when you move your head and your hair bounces you get a nice whiff of it (if you have long enough hair). This shampoo does provide some volume which is significant for me as I have extremely thick hair that tends to get weighed down easily. These are very cheap shampoos so you will not break the bank with these by any means.
Now on to the negatives. I don't like how these shampoos feel in my hair while I am washing them. There is something about the formula that makes it seem as though it's washing out of my hair without truly washing my hair. This shampoo also tends to dry out my hair and leave it frizzy. It is not a very moisturizing shampoo.
There are good and bad points to this shampoo so you just have to decide what is most important in a shampoo to you.

V05 Extra Body Shampoo

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

Alberto V05 Extra Body Shampoo does a great job at making your hair look and feel healthy. To get the best results make sure you use the shampoo and conditioner. It makes your hair have that extra bounce, so your hair won't look flat or dull. The V05 Extra Body shampoo also leaves your hair shine and smell good all day. The shampoo also says it works great on colored treated hair as well. Which is good because I just started dying my hair because I am starting to get some grey hair pop up in my head. I do recommend at least trying it. I honestly don't think you would be disappointed.

This shampoo from V05 does make your hair have more bounce and not so flat and dull. It moisturizes your hair to make it look and feel smooth and shiny all day. For best results I would recommend using the shampoo as well as the conditioner.

The Alberto V05 Extra Body Shampoo has a nice smell to it.

Good for unruly long hair

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

This company has made shampoo for as long as I can remember, and these shampoos are great for the price. I can´t go wrong with them. This formula in particular, is wonderful for me because it leaves my long hair soft and clean. It also seems to help my hair retain a bounce rather than lie flat and listless. In fact, it dries shiny.

My hair becomes clean and soft without feeling dehydrated.

Here it could be better. The fragrance is not at all unpleasant, but it could be stronger, at least in this formulation. There are scented options offered otherwise, but not one offering the richness and body that this one does.

Vo5 is my good old friend...

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

Ever since I started suffering with exzema on my hands I have tried many different shampoos to see which would work for me and not cause my hands to break out. But with almost every one I tried, my hands would start itching like crazy and break out in a rash a day or two later. Even the so called "natural" organic shampoos. I have very thick healthy hair and always have so I've not been as concerned with all those little added so- called benefits. I just want a shampoo that lathers well and cleans my hair and leaves it nice without causing my hands to itch that night when I go to bed. Well years ago I tried VO5 and never stopped using it. Once in a while I would try another brand and end up regretting it because my hands would itch and break out. The only caveat is it has to be VO5 original or this Extra Body Shampoo brand. I know they have other scents but this one and the original are the only ones I can use. So please VO5 DO NOT stop making these two or I think you'll lose some customers. Of course the other benefit is that you won't find a more reasonable price for a shampoo!

It gets a 10 on scent from me cause it doesn't have a lot of perfume which is just what I want. It also doesn't have that nasty preservative Quarterneum 15 which is what causes my skin to break out. Anyone else that has exzema get tested for that preservative and you might be able to pin down what's causing the itching and rash.

cheap bit doesn't really give your hair adeep clean

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

I used to buy this shampoo, but realized after a few weeks that it wasn't really giving my hair a deep clean. At first it seemed good a removing extra oils from hair, and it seemed clean. After a while though I noticed that my hair was geting a build up of hair spray in it that the vo5 wasn't removing. I don't really use a lot of hair spray so I felt that it should be washed out after shampooing. The VO5 extra body wasn't doing that. I also never really noticed a difference in my hair's volume or fullness. It seemed the same even after using the product for a few weeks along with the recommended conditioner. I wouldn't recommend this product for either volume or general hair cleaning.

Even after weeks of using it, I didn't see any extra volume and it didn't wash out hair styling products completely either

The scent is nothing special. It is actualitya bit strong, kind of a generic clean smell.

Minimal Cost for Minimal Product

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

I have bought nearly every VO5 shampoo and conditioner product out there. I buy them because they are inexpensive and my kids tend to waste a lot of shampoo when bathing themselves.

This specific shampoo said it provides volume, but I have not found that to be true. My children have very fine hair that does not have much body so I tried this product in hopes that we could get some body for not much cost. Turns out, though, that this product is just like all other VO5 products and is not specific to volumizing. I feel like the shampoos do a good job cleaning, but not much else. I guess ultimately that's all I want from a shampoo for my children, but it would be nice if the shampoo does what it advertises to do.

A few weeks ago, my son left the shampoo sideways in the bathtub overnight. I spilled down the bathtub into the drain. Surprisingly enough, it was probably the most effective soap scum cleaner I have ever found. I seriously bleached the bottom of my bathtub. If it was that good at cleaning the tub, I'm a little concerned about what it's doing to my hair.

It is amazing!!!

Comments about Alberto VO5 Extra Body Shampoo:

It is my ultimate favorite hair product to use and I would never trade it!

Vo5 makes my hair so silky smooh, soft, shiney, and also extremely healthy. I absolutley love it.

It smells amazing and I honestly love how long the scent stays in my hair! My boyfriend smells my hair all the time because he loves it as well.