3.6
Other Shampoos:
Moisturizing Shampoo
Alberto VO5
Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties)

Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties)

3.6

Pros

Cons

Vo5 Shampoo is so reasonable!

I tried Vo5 shampoo at my friend's place and It was really good.

After I use it, I feel so much better.

The fragrance is long lasting more...Read complete review

I tried Vo5 shampoo at my friend's place and It was really good.

After I use it, I feel so much better.

The fragrance is long lasting more than I expected.

And then, I decided to buy it by myself.

I can't believe the price of this shampoo that it's so reasonable, but works well.

Also,the great thing of this shampoo is that you can choose any fragrances & color.

As I remember, it has at least five different fragrances and all of them have a nice smell.

Actually, My favorite one is  Passion fruit smoothie and I always feel happy to wash my hair by using Vo5.

Whenever I use Vo5 shampoo, my friend asked me what kind of perfume I use, so that I could say this is not perfume, I am just using a shampoo, but smell is nice.

The only negative thing of this shampoo is a container that sometimes it's hard to open it.

Over all, I love this shampoo and I definitely recommend my friends to use this reasonable shampoo and I am sure everybody like it!

It makes my hair dry...

After I use this shampoo, it's obvious that my hair becomes much drier. Also, I notice that I have more splits on my hair. Sigh... The shampoo demonstrates that it can motorize hair and make hair smooth. However, I can't see any of the descriptions is working on me. The shampoo can't motorize my hair but make it oily... Weird, huh? I think so, but it happens. My hair is getting dry (such as having a lot of dead-end) and becoming more oily at the same time.

My hair was very healthy but it's now much weaker after I use this shampoo... Even I am not using this shampoo anymore, my hair is not and seems like can be as good as before even though I can see it's recovering (slowly... very slowly...) Honestly, I am not planning to use this brand again because I need to spend more money for hair treatment and I lose my confidence in it as the effect of it is so "amazing".

However, for those who do not care about the motorizing effect, this shampoo may still be your choice because of its cleaning effect and cheap price.

For Everyday Use IT Is OK, But Not Perfect.

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

Of all the shampoos out there I rate VO5 as number 2.Why? Well, I am half Italian and have had oily hair most of my life, this VO5 product leaves my hair soft and oil free for about 2 days,with regular use.Only one shampoo works a little better and they are a lot more expensive and for someone on a tight budget VO5 is a whole lot better choice. So for the low price I pay a bottle at the local stores, this VO5 product is a very good deal in today's market in my opinion.

On my Italian oily hair, it usually lasts about 2 days for softness with no oily feeling .So I don`t have to use it as much as others products I have tried in the past. The product may not be the best on the market yet the price is more reasonable then other brands that may or may not be better.

You can smell the fruitful smell in this product or at least my wife agrees that you can. She tells me that I remind her of a TV commercial about a fruity fabric softener.

Very drying shampoo

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

The price for Alberto VO5 Shampoo is right for my budget, but the positive things I can say about this product end there. I am not impressed with the quality of this shampoo. I have tried a couple of different scents of this shampoo and find that both of the scents I have tried have an overpowering fragrance. This fragrance is very noticeable when you use the shampoo in the shower and even more noticeable once your hair dries. The fragrance would be pleasant if it was not so strong. I found that this shampoo did not suit my hair type well at all. My hair is not very thick or full, and I found that this shampoo was very drying to both my hair and my scalp. My scalp dried out significantly, and I ended up having to use an anti-dandruff shampoo to counteract the dryness that results from using the Alberto VO5 Shampoo. While this shampoo is a good choice if you are on a tight budget, it is not a good choice if you want beautiful hair!

This shampoo is very drying.

The scent is way too strong.

Best low priced shampoo on the shelf today!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

VO5 is a great shampoo if you need something low priced. I used their Extra Body shampoo and I loved it. This shampoo really helped my fine hair have more volume and lift. There are a lot of overpriced shampoos that do not live up to their promises. I do not have to worry about that with VO5 products. The fact that it cost less also helped. Sometimes I run short on money, so this would the shampoo I would buy. I have also used their regular shampoo and it really deep cleaned my hair. It did leave my hair a little dry, but I have naturally dry hair and this shampoo was not made for that problem. The scents of the VO5 shampoos I have used are very nice. The scents are not overpowering, but they stick with your hair and I really like a shampoo that does that. I would recommend using this shampoo if you are short on money and need something to fill in for your regular, but more expensive shampoos. This shampoo line definitely can help out in a pinch.

Will Never Use This Again

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

I bought this one day just to try since it has to be one of the cheapest shampoos I have ever seen. I have found out their are some cheap shampoos that work great but this one is in no way one of them. First thing I did not like about this shampoo is it doesnt even feel like shampoo. VO5 feels more like water than a soap. Another reason I dislike this shampoo so much is the scent of it. The smell of this shampoo is not a clean smell. It smells like a cheap perfume that even my grandmother would not buy. The reason why we use shampoo is to clean our hair. This shampoo makes your hair feel like you just bleached your hair. This product makes my hair feel damaged. It almost felt like my hair was going to break off into tiny little pieces only after the first time of using it. This shampoo would have to be my last resort if I could not afford to buy anything else. I would count pennies to get any other shampoo before having to use this product on my hair ever again.

This shampoo did everything wrong to my hair. It took the healthiness right from my hair. I was afraid my hair was going to break apart into little pieces after the first time I used it.

This has to be the absolute worst shampoo I have ever smelt in my entire life.

Nice and Cheap

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

I can get this anywhere I want which is the nice thing knowing I can find it when I want it. However I do not really like to use it unless I am on a strict budget. It is nice cause it is cheap and I do not have to travel far to get it. It has a variety of scents to choose from so that is a nice perk too. However, the conditioner does not work with my hair very well. the shampoo makes it nice, but the conditioner does not make it as smooth as I want. My hair usually comes out frizzy or static.I do recommend this to someone who is on a budget and likes a variety of different scents. I like the milk ones personally. They work the best in my hair. I currently have the Kiwi one. It smells great, but as said before it does leave my hair frizzy.

Great Value!

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

This is one of my go-to shampoos that I usually buy. It works great, leaving my hair nice and clean. VO5 comes in a variety of scents and there are different formulas for different hair types. Because the price is so low, it is easy to experiment with different scents and formulas. I have thick, waist-length hair and this works for me. Other members of my family have thin hair and they also like this brand. Because of the low price, we can afford to buy shampoos for all the hair types in the family.

It gets my hair nice and clean. I do feel that I have to wash my hair a bit more often with VO5 than other shampoos though, but as VO5 is so inexpensive, it is still cheaper to wash everyday with this than to use more expensive shampoos.

One of my favorite things about this shampoo is the variety of scents! There are so many and they all smell wonderful. I love going to the store to pick out VO5 shampoo and pore over the scents. I really love the fresh minty scents. So unexpected in a shampoo and so refreshing.

Eh...

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

I really don't have anything good to say about this product except its a good price and smells good. But when you actually care about what you're putting into your hair this is a definite no for me. There has been times where I needed to buy this because I was short on money and had no other choice. It's definitely a good price, but every time I use this shampoo it dries my hair out like crazy. When I get out of the shower to dry my hair it literally feels like straw and I immediately feel the need to deep condition. The bad part is I don't really get a good lather with this shampoo so I need to use more which probably just drys my hair out even more. My hair is very curly, sometimes gets frizzy so I need to watch what I put in it so i can take care of my curls. This a huge no for girls with curly hair. I like that it makes my hair smell good, they have a lot of variety on scents but I just wish it didnt dry my hair out so much

Good Shampoo at a Good Price

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have used many of the less expensive shampoos out there and this is one of the best ones that I have found. VO5 is priced better than any other brand that I can find and you don't loose any quality because of it. I love the way it cleans my hair and I love the different variety of scents that you can get. It really is an amazing product.

I have a lot of very long thick hair that has been color treated for years and VO5 shampoos still work amazing on my hair. It keeps it soft and smelling great!!! I have a hard time finding this a lot of the times because of my over processed hair unless I go to the very expensive brands, but, not any more.

There are so many different scents that you can choose from that there has got to be one out there that just about everybody is going to love!! I have also noticed that some shampoos might smell good at first but the smell fades very quickly but this is not one of those times.

Great smelling, average clean

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

VO5 has been used in my family on and off for a long time. It always smells genuinely nice and unique. I occasionally use it also as a shower gel or body scrub when I run out of body wash in the shower. This shampoo is ideally good if you don't have a lot of money and cant afford something better and you just want to have a nice sense of clean!

A little too thin!! And the conditioner is the same but worse, way to watery!

One good thing, VO5 has great smelling hair care products that normally lst a good day or two were it stills smells good and strong in your hair.

Reliable Inexpensive Shampoo...

Comments about Alberto VO5 Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have been Alberto VO 5 shampoo for several years. While there is nothing remarkable about this shampoo, it is a good reliable inexpensive shampoo. The scent is pleasant. I love a bargain and this is definitely a bargain. This product is readily available at most stores that sell shampoo.