Other Sunscreens:

Cons

I really like Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

I'm always looking for sunscreens with natural ingredients so I was excited to try Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 which uses physical blockers instead of chemicals. And I'm glad I did since this brand has become one of my favorites.

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 has a fresh light scent. It's not too heavy and doesn't smell like your typical tropical sunscreen.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs quickly and doesn't make my skin white like other natural sunscreens. It's very light and doesn't clog my pores.

Longevity
I don't swim or sweat much so sunscreens last on me until I wash them off. Otherwise if you are going to spend a lot of time in the water, I would reapply this sunscreen every two hours or so.

I didn't burn at all using Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 and I had it on all day when I was outside.

Ease of Application
This lotion is easy to apply. The only negative is that I wish it came in a larger tube since 4 oz. doesn't last very long at the beach!

Tropical Bliss

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

I'm a big fan of Alba products. I have used quite of few of their other cosmetics and personal care products before discovering Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen. When I put this sunscreen on my skin, I feel like I've been transported to the tropics. The scent is refreshingly exotic, and the sunscreen feels like it is truly nourishing and moisturizing my skin. I love the smooth application. The aloe vera infusion serves as a natural barrier and protectant that seals moisture into my skin. Some sunscreens make my skin feel oily and heavy. This sunscreen is light and smooth.
I have used it on my oldest son who has extremely sensitive skin, and he has had no adverse reactions.

Exotic and refreshing

Absorption
Goes on smoothly without a greasy feeling

I've never gotten sunburned using it

I've never gotten sunburned using it

Ease of Application
Goes on smoothly. I like that the lid is at the bottom of the bottle

• Ease of Application:

Sun protection and moisturizing, all in one tube!

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

My husband and I both have very sensitive skin, but since we've had no problems with their liquid soaps, we decided to try Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30. It's been a good choice for us for land-based activities, since it provides good sun protection, soothes any dry/burned areas and doesn't cause either of us to break out in a rash, like some sunblocks do.

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 has a light scent that reminds me of aloe or other greenery. It's not overpowering and doesn't linger once the sunblock is absorbed.

Absorption
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 is pretty thick, so it can be a little white and streaky when I first apply it. With a bit of rubbing, it absorbs fully and leaves skin moist and non-greasy.

Longevity
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 stays on even if I sweat, but I have to reapply if I wash my face/hands or go in the water. Because it's only water resistant, not waterproof, we don't use it when snorkeling or doing other water sports.

I haven't had any sunburns to any areas where I've applied Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30, so it seems to work pretty well. It also keeps my skin feeling moisturized, which is great when I'm in the sun.

Ease of Application
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 is easy to apply -- I just rub it on -- but it's important to apply it thoroughly (hairline, ears, etc.). Since it's pretty thick, it doesn't really spread on its own.

This Sunscreen With SPF 30 In It Smells Amazing

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPT-30 works better than I thought it would. I was happily surprised at how well it worked. It really protected me from the sun and harmful rays. I like to use this on my face and body. I like the way it makes my tan look because it makes my skin shine. The tan I get when I use this stuff is natural. It doesn't make my skin look like I got my tan from a jar. It does not have paba in it, and it does not have parabens in it either. This sunscreen doesn't make me break out, which is nice. It has aloe vera in, which is an ingredient in it I like. It also has botanicals and natural ingredients in it, which are great for my skin. My favorite thing about this sunscreen is the smell of it. The fragrance is absolutely delightful. It makes me feel like I am in Hawaii, a place I love to visit. It smells like expensive sunscreen. I think this sunscreen will work wonders on all skin types, especially acne-prone and sensitive skin. This stuff absorbs quickly and will last for hours. I usually apply it twice a day when I am out in the sun. It is effective and easy to apply. The price is amazing for the way it works. I give "Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30" 4 Stars, out of 5.

In love with this brand

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

I have always had issues with severely sensitive skin and problems with it rashing or breaking out with any sort of skin product, so I was a little hesitant when I first bought this sunscreen. However I had used Alba products before and was quite familiar with the brand and the 'natural' ingredients they used. Upon my very first application of this product, I noticed how great it smelled! All Alba products smell so fruity and yummy which makes it fun. The Alba sunscreen absorbed right into my skin and left me feeling moisturized rather than greasy like most other sunscreens which is a huge turn off. It lasted about three to four hours before I noticed I needed to reapply and it did a great job! I used it for about a month and a half before the bottle ran out, and that was using it everyday, and I still had yet to notice any sort of allergic reaction.

Absorption
Absorbed right into my skin without making me feel like I was putting on a sunscreen but rather a moisturizer

Great Scent

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

The Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30 is one of my favorite sunscreens around. It has a fresh scent, and it does not leave your skin oily after you put it on. It's very important for me to have strong sunscreen since I have very fair skin. This is my go-to sunscreen whenever I'm at the beach or just outside on a summer day.

I also like that this sunscreen is made of natural ingredients. It's important to know what you put on your skin is not full of chemicals, so Alba Botanica is one of the best natural sunscreens.

This sunscreen has a great fresh scent.

Absorption
This absorbs well into your skin, and it does not leave your skin oily.

Longevity
I reapply this sunscreen every few hours, as you are supposed to with any other sunscreen. The longevity of the sunscreen is exactly what you would expect it to be.

This is effective since I never got a major sunburn while I was using this sunscreen.

Ease of Application
The sunscreen goes on evenly, and is very easy to apply to skin.

• Ease of Application:

the aloe vera makes a big difference

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

The Aloe vera that is in this sunscreen makes it feel much less like a sunscreen, which i like. It does not have that almost chalky feeling of residue that most sunscreen leaves on your skin and hands. It stays on your skin without wearing off and protects really well, as an SPF 30 should. It smells good enough also.

• Ease of Application:

Sunscreen works great with minimal whitecast!

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

This sunscreen offers great sun protection AND doesn't feel like a sunscreen. You know, not like your "typical" sunscreen with the overwhelming smell, thick texture, and annoying whitecast that spreads to anything you happen to touch.
This Alba sunscreen instead smells light and lovely, not overpowering or "sunscreeny." The texture is thinner then other sunscreens I have used, which makes it easy to apply. It also feels better on the skin and absorbs easily, without uncomfortably sitting atop the skin. The whitecast it very minimal and if rubbed in properly and left to absorb, virtually non existent.
I have used this sunscreen on both my face and body and never had any problems. No breakouts or irritation for me. That being said, I wouldn't necessarily suggest it as sunscreen to wear under makeup as it did make my makeup fade/steak more quickly.
I have never had any burns when I reapply this sunscreen every 2 hours as suggested and it effectively protects me from the sun every time.

My Go To for Summer 2013

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

Summer 2013 I planned to sample all the good-for-you sunscreens until I found a winner. Lucky for me I started with this based on a website I found talking about the good-for-you sunscreens. For me a sunscreen should have minimal chemicals, provide at least 30 SPF, being easy to put on (lotion texture, not to liquidy but not to thick), and not have an obnoxious smell. I prefer no small at all, but you will find that is virtually impossible in today's market. This was great with the added benefit of aloe vera for the previous days I spent in the sun that I didn't remember my sunscreen. I also should note that I am not someone who sweats excessively, spends more than 3 or 4 hours in direct sunlight, or more than 45 min-hr in the water at what time usually. I also am someone who typically only will apply before going to the beach and will only reapply to my face while out. And I do like to achieve some color.

• Ease of Application:

Lightweight and mostly natural.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 30:

I really am impressed by this mostly natural sunblock.I had my doubts because sunblock just seems like a product that shouldn't have mostly natural ingredients.It really is waterproof just as the label says.My only problem is that it lasted for no longer than 45 minutes.I had to replace it after being in the water.It was a real inconvenience to me.When I read waterproof I expected for it to be waterproof for as long as it were UVA/UVB proof.Oh well.With aloe vera leaf juice and sunflower seed oil as the main inactive ingredients not only did it protect my skin from the sun,but moisturized it really well without being greasy.It doesn't have the texture and feel of paint like a lot of sunblocks do.It is lighter weight and easy to apply to the skin.A lot of the inactive ingredients are certified organic.I am really impressed by that.I like using as many organic products on my skin as possible.