Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets

Pros

Cons

The Best Relief For Allergies With Congestion

Alavert D is the best product I have tried to relieve stuffy nose congestion due to allery symptoms. It is a non drowsy formula that last for 12 hours with one tablet.This product relieves symptoms such as: sneezing, runny nose, itcy, watery eyes, nasal congestion, sinus pressure.

Don't waste your time or your dime.

I have major sinus and allergy issues so I know my options really well when it comes to this area. I'm all sensitive to certain side effects so I pay close attention because I had being a complete mess at work. This product did absolutely nothing for me! ZERO! It reminds me of an over priced after dinner mint. I followed the directions to a "T" and still didn't get any results. I was still sneezing and my nose was still stuffy. I took this for a week straight and it never addressed any of my allergy issues in the least. It might have slightly slowed my sneezes because I do tend to have the rapid back to back sneezes, but that's not much to brag about if I am still at working sneezing all over the place. The quick disolve is the only "Good" thing I could say about this product, but it is of no use if the pill does not provide results. So, this was a total fail for me, but I do hope it works for someone. I'll stick to what I'm using now.

I've tried them all!

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

With my severe allergies, as many of my reviews on Viewpoints can attest to. I have tried pretty much every allergy medication on the market. Price is my main motivator and then results. Alavert D-12 is one of the medicines in my rotation. It is easy to take because it dissolves, but also light on the wallet. However like Claritin, it does not always work for me, and I do rotate it in every few seasons.

What I really like about Alavert, is the extra decongestant. Some years my nose is more affected by the pollen count than others, and those years are the years I reach for Alavert as my daily allergy medication.

It is important that I can take one dose and not have to redose in a few hours since I cannot always remember when I took my medication last. So now with Alavert I know I will have allergy protection all day long. Some days I may need an extra painkiller for pressure headaches, but I will still be able to breathe clearly.

• Immediacy:

This is the product I use for my daytime allergies.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

I use Alavert D-12 Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets are best, in my opinion, aiding in allergy relief, especially when they are really bad. The reason I like this medicine so much is because it does not make me drowsy like dyphenhydramine (Benadryl) does. This medicine is sold over the pharmacy counter and has pseudo-ephedrine in it. I am able to take one of these pills in the morning and it clears up nearly all of my symptoms until later that afternoon. I think that the pseudo-ephedrine mixed with the loratadine, the two active ingredients in this medication, really is what makes the difference. This medications helps my allergies while keeping me from getting drowsy. Out of all of the allergy medications I have tried, this is the one I would recommend. The only problem with this medication is that you really have to follow the instructions and not take any more than what is prescribed. Pseudo-ephedrine can be very dangerous if taken irresponsibly.

Great for sinus pressure

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

My primary allergy complaint is sinus congestion so I always look for something with a decongestant in it. I have tried a few other brands, but I get the best relief with this one. I prefer it particularly for daytime relief since I do not suffer from a sleepiness side effect with this medication. I do have to be sure to drink a good amount of water after taking it since it can cause some dry mouth. It can also over-dry my sinuses if I am not hydrated sufficiently. I do not have a big problem with itchy or watery eyes, but I do occasionally suffer with them. This does seem to help with that as well, but I usually only take it if I am also congested so I do not over-dry my sinuses.

Very easy to take. Pills are small enough to easily swallow, and you do not need to take them more than twice a day.

Immediacy
I do not get immediate relief, but within a half an hour or so, I start to notice some loosening in my sinuses.

Alavert Extended Release Helps with Some Allergy Symptoms

from Houston, TX

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

Allergy problems exist in many forms and affect each person a little differently. Some may itch or sneeze only slightly when exposed to pollen, dust, mold, etc., while others will lapse into uncontrollable reactions that can last for hours. I have had my moments, and I rely on over the counter allergy medicine to control the symptoms. One I have used with a fair degree of success is Alavert Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets.

Medicine Facts and Commentary:

Alavert Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets are allergy pills for either allergy or sinus problems. The contain the active ingredients Loratadine 5mg/Antihistamine and Pseudoephedrine Sulfate 120mg/Nasal Decongestant. They are useful for controlling sneezing, runny nose, congestion, sinus pressure, and itchy/watery eyes.

Allergy and sinus problems are my one curse and trust me when I say I have tried about every type of over the counter medicine ever made. I have my favorites and some I tolerate and for me, Alavert Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets fall somewhere in the middle of the pack. I like that these tablets are time released and provide up to twelve hours of relief and I can feel some difference after taking, but the results are nothing amazing. I find them best when I have a milder bout with allergies and need some help, but don’t necessarily need to purchase the stronger, more effective medicines.

Alavert Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets are best for their duration, but one thing that bothers me about this product is the price. It is far costlier than most other brands, with a per- tablet price around seventy cents. I can think of many brands that cost less and work a little better and I am a little surprised that the manufacturer prices them at this level. I expect something much better for the price paid.

My Bottom Line:

Alavert Allergy and Sinus Extended Release Tablets work okay and they do help to control sneezing, runny nose, and a few other allergy or sinus symptoms. They are overpriced, in my opinion, but I also know that allergy medications work differently for different people and some may find the relief worth the money. The product doesn’t rate among my personal favorites, but it is a good enough medication to at least try.

Alavert works at an acceptable level, but it is not the greatest allergy/sinus medicine I have used.

Tablets are easy enough to take with a glass of water.

Immediacy
The symptoms start to go away in about 30 minutes to an hour.

Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus is A+

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

Not only do I suffer from minor seasonal allergies, but I also have a lot of year-round sinus and congestion ailments. I was not familiar with Alavert D-12 Non-Drowsy Allergy & Sinus Release tablets until my doctor recommended them for me when I was suffering from extreme congestion.

I have tried several over-the-counter brands of congestion medication but never found one that continuously worked for me. One product would work well one time but have no effect the next. I had skipped over Alavert D-12 because I wrongly assumed that it was only for people who suffer from allergies.

I now use this product almost exclusively and have had great results. It works pretty quickly to relieve my sinus congestion and helps me to breathe better. It also helps to take care of my runny nose and sneezing when the outside elements get the best of me during allergy season. My husband also uses this when he gets a rare cold (lucky guy) and he has great results as well.

I think that Alavert D-12 is A+ and highly recommend it!

Alavert-Excellent Choice!

from Fort Smith, AR

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

Alavert Allergy and Sinus D 12 Hour Extended Release Tablets is an excellent choice for routine allergy problems.  My doctor recommended this product to me.  It works for ten to eleven hours, not the full twelve.  The plus side is that it does not make you drowsy.  This product is easy to find in stores and is relatively inexpensive.  It doesn't cause you to have dry nasal passages.  You don't feel drugged.  It simply makes you feel normal and allows you to breathe freely.  The nondrowsiness aspect allows you to continue on with your normal daily activities and not feel tired or jumpy.  I have recommended this product to several of my friends who have had the same positive results that I have had.  It is hard to find a product in the marketplace that clears your nasal passages without that annoying sleepy side effect.  Alavert Allergy and Sinus D 12 hour Extended Release Tablets is an excellent product and I highlly recommend it.

Alavert D12 is great for hay fever and cats and lasts all day!

from Saratoga, CA

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

I used to never have allergies, then slowly the hay fever ones started to appear... and shortly after that, an allergic to most cats.  I had tried over the counter claritan and benedryl but neither worked, claritan had NO effect on me whatsoever and benedryl made me sleepy and didn't seem to work either (unless you count the fact that I might sleep through the suffering).  Then my friend told me about Alavert (sounds like a commerical huh?) and it was amazing!  It started working really quickly and lasts more than 12 hours (at least for me).  I carry it in my purse so when I go to someone's house and they have a cat, I take it and in 15-25 minutes I'm fine again.  I sometimes get hay fever type of allergies and the Alavert also works well on that.  It does dry out my sinuses a little bit, like sudafed, but it really keeps any allergic reactions at bay and works really well.  Definitely a must if you want a quick and long lasting fix to allergic allergies.

• Immediacy:

Alavert allergy and sinus D is a pretty good product.

from West Monroe, LA

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

Alavert Allergy and Sinus D 12 Hour Extended Release Tablets does relieve the bothering symtoms. This product clears symptoms so you can breathe easier. It helps relieve itchy eyes and scratchy throat. This doesn't make you drowsy. Alavert clears congestion and clears nasal passages. I have noticed this product does take about thurty minutes to mstart working which is a pretty good time frame. I don't know if it is because of the severity of my allergies or what but this doe not last up to twelve hours. The longest I have had it last is about nine hours. About nine hours after taking this product I can feel my allergy and sinus symptoms returning. If you have only mold allergies or sinus problems. I would recommend this product. For more severe allergies I would talk to a doctor first. As you can only take this product every twelve hours. So for about three to four hour you have to suffer with the conditions assiciated with alleries and that is not good.

• Immediacy:

Would recommend to friends whenever they have alergy flare ups.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Alavert D-12 Allergy & Sinus Extended Release Tablets:

I am an alergy sufferer who is seasonally sick with mountain cedar alergies and Alavert is the only medicine I use for my alergies. In fact it is the main alergy medicine used for our family of six. It does not have a medicine taste and it tastes good for being a medicine. Also, like stated above it is only one every 12 hours. It melts fast too without leaving your mouth feeling gritty. It makes you feel better really quick in my experience. My friend one time on a social networking sight said have alergies were killing her so I recommended Alavert. Thus the titleing of the sound bite. I bet she felt much better after taking Alavert, because I know I felt much better after taking Alavert when I had an alergy attack. I know that after taking Alavert before my choir concerts when I had flare ups I could sing without having to worry about my voice creaking, voice quality being asque, because of the mucus.

The Best Relief For Allergies With Congestion