3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Customer service at its best!

I love this airline! I live in Alaska and use this airline quite often. The Customer Service agents go above and beyond to seat my toddler with me when we can't get seats together at check-in. I have had a lot of other airlines just tell us to ask people on the plane which can be stressful when people are all trying to board and get situated. I have also noticed that they are one of the few airlines that still let families with kiddos board first which REALLY helps. The flight attendants have always been very friendly and usually go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need including juice for take off and landing.....nice trick for little ears. I have had many pilots talk to my little one as we board or deplane and even give him wings....which he thinks is pretty cool.

We are world-travelers and I have not noticed that this airline has any more delays then any other airline. The weather in Alaska does cause some delays that trickle down the system but you can't exactly control the weather. I have found that this airline has a fair compensation program as well, giving snack coupons and phone cards for certain delay lengths.

One little story to point out the great customer service...I had tried to check in with Alaska then realized I was actually flying on a Northwest operated flight. I headed off across the airport with my infant, 2 bags, car seat, stroller, etc. I managed to make it about halfway there and realized I forgot my tickets at the Alaska counter. I was about ready to cry! I then hear an agent calling out my name. The Alaska ticket agent actually came looking for me with my tickets! She then preceded to help me get to the NW counter. That is service!!!

Where first class feels like economy/coach.

On flying first class from Anchorage to Portland and returning a week later, I was shocked at how old, tired and shabby the plane was, how old, tired and shabby the flight attendants were and how uncomfortable first class was.  The seats were a lovely 70's era 'pleather' that was sticky and uncomfortable.  The seat belts made me wonder if I had somehow gained 50 lbs I didn't know about -- they were so incredibly short/tight.  Low and behold a discount flght on Southwest showed me that the Alaska belts were 6 - 8" shorter.  The 'snacks' available to first class were of lesser quality on the 4 + hour flight than what was given to me on the hour long Southwest flight.  The first class seats didn't even recline so you could rest -- which was an important consideration on the midnight flights I took.  Bottom line:  don't waste your money on first class on Alaska Airlines, coach on other carriers is just as comfortable.

Great flight from PDX to SEA to ORD

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

My husband had some credit from a flight he had to cancel so we decided to do a little 3 day weekend to Portland. We took Alaska both going and coming, but the flight home stood out the most and made our experience the best.

Upon going, which was in the morning, we were offered Starbucks coffee and a little in flight snack. On the way home, which was in the afternoon, we had one stop in Seattle until we continued on to Chicago. This is roughly a 30 minute flight on a propeller plane. Right after take off we were immediately offered locally brewed beer or wine free of charge. What? Do domestic airlines even offer that any more? Apparently Alaska does and I love them for it! After drinks we were offered a light snack and Starbucks coffee.

The flight from Seattle to Chicago got a little intense. There were two men on board who were drinking alcohol at a crazy rate and at one point a flight attendant cut them off. They became a little unhappy about this, but lucky due to bad weather they simply explained to the men that they couldn't continue service because they were ordered to be seated due to safety reasons. Although they accepted this reason they weren't all too happy. We did in fact fly into some bad weather that happened to be hitting Chicago at the time. Viability was really low, but the landing was as good and as smooth as could be and the captain got a round of applause upon touching down.

Overall good experience. Very professional and had nice little detailed like the local beer and wine. I really appreciate details like that. Would definitely use again.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

This is a good airline company so far!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I just took a trip with my family this past week and we took a plane both ways through Alaska Airlines. It all went pretty smoothly. I was traveling with kids, so I was hoping that it would just be an easy trip and it was. The kids enjoyed the first plane ride the most because they gave them coloring books and crayons. On the second plane ride they didn't provide that. We had no problems with boarding the plan or getting our luggage, which was nice. I did notice that one person that was handling the luggage was a little rough with it and one of our bags had some marks on it when we got it back. It was nothing major though. On the first plane ride it seemed like their was more room than the second, but it was still good. We got two drinks and a little snack bag of a pretzel mix. There was also the option of buying snacks or food if you wanted more. I miss the days that they would give you meals on the plane for free. There was also handheld devices to watch movies on for purchase as well. All in all it was a nice trip. My kids loved riding on a plane and it all went smoothly. The airline people were nice and we arrived a little early on both flights. I would use Alaska Airlines again.

Service
All the people that worked there were nice and helped you if you needed it.

In-Flight Accommodations
There was food, drinks and movies available. There was air conditioning and lights above you and the chairs reclined a little.

Great service

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

This flight was a little different. It was one of the newer 747 planes and they told us it was new. We didn't board the plane until 20 minutes after it said we would. We started boarding right around the time we should have left. We sat on the plane for what felt like forever. It was a nice plane, but man the wait took forever. It was over an hour after our flight time was set that we left. They had to fill out new paperwork for the new plane and it took them a while. Once we were in the air the flight went by quickly. The staff was very friendly and the new seats on the new plane were really roomy. I was quite impressed. We also had good seats with headrests in them. I was definitely a fan. The staff brought around food and we enjoyed the cheese and fruit trays and enjoyed some beverages. The bathrooms were nice and roomy too. Better than the ones they have on most airlines. I was definitely a fan of that. All and all it was a great flight!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

One step above budget airlines while still a great deal

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I have flown on Alaska Airlines for over 20 years. Every experience with them has been good. The service is always courteous and they typically provide more amenities and food/drink options than other major non-luxury airlines. I have also been very impressed with their routes. While you can spend less money with other airlines you will typically have to make a couple stops or layovers to get to some destinations from Seattle. Alaska Airlines offers a nonstop flight to many of these destinations for only a little bit more money. Overall, Alaska Airlines is a great deal for people willing to spend a bit more money and get a bit more service and convenience.

In-Flight Accommodations
My experience with Alaska Airlines is that you get a little bit more food and drink in comparison to other domestic airlines.

Nice Flight to San Diego

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

Well, let me start by saying this company flies to more than Alaska. I think that is what people always think when they see the name. We took this airline from Orlando to San Diego for a straight through flight a few months ago. We were able to pick our seats in advance, which was nice. We also got drinks and snacks offered several times. Surprisingly, the little meals they offer onboard were reasonably priced - about $7. I had some of the trail mix and chocolates from one of the meals, and it was good. I would recommend buying them if you are hungry. They also rent DVD players onboard for only $10. I think this is a great price. I had brought a magazine to read, but if I had not I would have probably gone for that. They do have a loyalty program, which we went ahead and signed up with to start earning points. Hey, you never know when you might fly with a company again! Maybe a trip to Alaska is in order...

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Not the Best, Not the Worst!

from Ohio

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

My husband and I visited with family out in Seattle last year and we booked five tickets with Alaska Airlines. I have to speak for all of us when I say we were less than impressed with our flight with Alaska Airlines. First off, when we arrived there was immediately an issue with our tickets. My father had purchased them online weeks in advance and it took the attendants half an hour to locate them. We were immediately set way back because of this not to mention my father was quite offended they had treated us like we hadn't purchased them because the lady at the desk typed the information and the spelling of our last name incorrectly for over twenty minutes! Moving on, we felt very rushed and immediately checked our baggage. This is also took way too long and we stressed for time to board the plane by this point in time. Upon boarding, I was extremely relieved everything worked out and we were able to make the flight. However, the plane itself was the complete polar opposite of a luxury flight! It seemed old and dingy, I wouldn't have chosen to take a trip with my family using Alaska Airlines had I known.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Mix up with flight dates

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I only flew with Alaska Airlines two times (one trip, both ways, round-trip) and had a fairly negative experience. The flights themselves went smoothly, but the service provided in purchasing tickets and trying to fly was unprofessional and ridiculous. They made serious mistakes that they refused to accept, acknowledge, or fix.

Service
When I purchased my round-trip ticket to fly on Alaska Airlines to visit my then-boyfriend (now husband), I had specific days that I had to fly on. When I went to fly back, I was told that my return flight wasn't for another two days! Even though my confirmation print-out had the correct date, their computer system had the wrong date for two days later. Instead of cooperating with me, I was charged an exorbitant fee to change my ticket to the original fight that I had originally purchased. The agent who worked with me at the airport was rude, unsympathetic, and treated me as though it were my fault when it was a glitch in their computer system. When I spoke to their main phone number later, I was told that the glitch occurred on occasion but there was nothing they would do for me about refunding my money,

I loved Alaska Airlines!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

My husband took me to Alaska on a trip for our anniversary and I must say, I loved this airline. We flew another airline into Portland and then onto Anchorage and I was so impressed with the crew on this plane. They were courteous, kind, eager to please, and so smart. They helped me immensely. My daughter is young and was a little fidgety on the flight. I was doing everything I could to calm her down, but it was hard with my husband, because he was not feeling well. I felt very frustrated. The flight attendant brought my daughter a coloring book and crayons and it really helped. I was so grateful because she was occupied and I could tend to my husband. I would fly this airline again in a heartbeat and I have recommended it to many people who have asked me about going to Alaska. It was just what I needed in an airline that day. Another thing? Their prices are really reasonable!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Best airline to use out of SeaTac

from North Baltimore, OH

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I have used this airline only once when I lived in the Tacoma area when I was in the Army. I will start with what I disliked about this airline first. My biggest, and really only complain about Alaska Airlines, is the outrageous price of tickets. I am originally from Ohio, so flying home on leave was not cheap, regardless of which airline you use. However, this airlines prices were always much higher than everyone else. One trip home they had a ticket that was lowered in price, so I bought it. There customer service upon check in is very nice, and respectful. They do everything they can to accommodate you as best as possible. If you have any issues, it seems they go out of there way to help fix the problem. The plane was very nice, and clean too. I have flown with other airlines, where they're planes looked absolutely atrocious. It seemed like there was more leg room in coach than some other planes I have rode on too. The in flight service was great too. You really get what you pay for with this airline, and if you fly out of Seattle a lot, I highly recommend spending the extra money, and flying with Alaska Airlines.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Gem amongst the airline industry

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. While looking for flights from St. Louis to Seattle I found a very reasonable, non-stop flight on Alaska Airlines. I didn't even know they flew out of St. Louis. Price, service, staff all very good. Planes on time. Offered flight amenities like movies, etc. at a price. Could purchase boxed lunch given flight was four hours. Food good.