Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid

Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid

Pros

Cons

Ajax , great price for a great product!

As a family of five, we go through a lot of dish soap and also a lot of hand soap. The one I most frequently buy is Ajax. I buy it because it is inexpensive and works well. I also use it in the bathroom soap dispeners as out hand soap. I like that it is antbacterial. The scent is just okay (same old, same old type of scent). Sometimes it smells medicinal to me. I am not all that crazy about the scent. I have found it to work well on our dishes. I think it does cut the grease well- just as well if not better than some higher priced brands. I have also used it to pretreat laundry stains and like it for that. I have even used it to get spots out of our carpets. My family feels it is a little hard on the hands ,especially in the winter when their hands tend to be dry. So, in the winter I often switch to a gentler brand of soap for the hand soap dispensers. All and all, it is an excellent value- that's why I have used it for so many years!

Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid is not my favorite

**Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid just does not cut the grease the way other products do. I had some greasy pans from a family get together and I ended up having to wash them 2 times and use twice as much of the Ajax than other brands. I just don't think it has the cleaning power of other brands.**

Ajax Tropical Lime Twist is a Fail

from Oshkosh, Wisconsin

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

Tropical Lime Twist dish liquid smells like Vicks Vapo Rub yuck and yuck and yuck. Will not buy that scent ever again.

meh....

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

It does okay for such a cheap price. If you do most of your dish washing by hand, this is not the product I would recommend. It doesn't do a fabulous job on tough stuff like pots and pans but is okay for easy jobs. I had to use a whole lot of the product to actually get a good lather and get my dishes clean.

Cheap DIsh Liquid

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

This is nothing more than your typical cheap dish liquid. If you have ever used Dawn you will instantly be disappointed. It does have a nice and pleasant smell to it, especially the orange. However it doesn't give you a lot of suds.
    Cleaning power i minimal. It will clean the dinner dishes but chances are it probably will not take care of the grease and grime on the pots and pans.
    And, on top of that, you will have to use a lot more dish liquid for one sink full of dishes than what you may be accustomed to if you have used other brands in the past. I found it took at least three times more to do the same amount of dishes.
    If you want a cheap dish detergent that does a least give you some sort of power I would recommend Ajax. However, there is minimal price difference between brands, so I would highly consider that you stick to the Dawn alternative. it is much better and clean dishes are not something to take for granted.

Economical and gets the job done

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

I have been using Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid for many years. In fact, I have used several versions of Ajax Dish Liquid, but I especially like the idea of "antibacterial". All of the Ajax Dish Liquids that I have tried suds well and the suds last. I also find that Ajax is tough on grease and stuck on foods. I have tried other more expensive brands of dish liquids, but I keep coming back to Ajax because it gets the job done just as well or even better than some of the more expensive brands. In addition, I actually like the fact that it is not a concentrated liquid like many brands have gone to recently because some members of my household tend to use too much of the concentrated liquids, therefore, making them even more expensive in the long run. Ajax also comes in a variety of different scents, and I find that I like all of their clean smelling scents. Ajax may be one of the lowest priced dish liquids on the market, but Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid definitely gets the job done.

Gets the job done and not as expensive.

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

I really like this brand of dish washing liquid. I would say for the price it is a really great deal. It cuts through the grease and has a very nice smell to it. My personal favorite is the lime scent, but it can sometimes be hard to find. But the original orange kind smells nice too. Not to strong, just very natural.

I would say that for the price it is much better than any store brand and just as good as some of the other big brands such as Joy, and Palmolive liquid detergents. And I also found that if you purchase the larger size it is an even better deal. You can always buy a smaller size and just keep refilling it over and over. The larger size can be stored underneath your kitchen cabinet, or in your kitchen pantry.

I also use this liquid as a stain remover on some of my son's clothing. He tends to get a lot of grass and grease stains on his shirts, and this works great on those as well. You just put a little on the stain as a stain remover and let it sit for a bit. Then you can wash it out by hand or just add it to your normal laundry load.

This liquid is also great for using around the house to do other tasks too. I use it sometimes to wash mine and my husband's automobiles. It does well and doesn't seem to be rough on the paint. It is just an all around cleaner, and not just for dishes. I think you will really like it if you try it.

Excellent dish liquid.

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

Ajax Anti-Bacterial Dish Liquid is the only dish liquid I will buy. It works extremely well for all my dishes, even the difficult ones with food baked on. I use Ajax for all my dishes, from the more delicate ones to the heavy duty baking dishes and frying pans. It cleans oil, grease, and baked on food very well without having to use a ton of the stuff. Sometimes I will let these items soak, but not always.

Ajax dish liquid is also pretty easy on the hands. I never really get "dishpan hands" from using it for my normal dish-washing routine. Maybe if you had your hands in it all day it would be a problem, but this isn't a problem for me.

The Ajax dish liquid makes a very good amount of suds and lather, so it doesn't take a lot to do a regular load of dishes. I also prefer the orange scent more so than some of the others. It doesn't have that fake fumey smell like some of the lemon scents do.

Works but not special

from Alexandria VA

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

Ajax dish washing liquid is a product you buy when your favorite dish washing liquid is not in stock or the Ajax is on sale. The Ajax does what it suppose to do. I will cut through the grease and clean your dishes. It also can be used as an emergency back up toilet and bath tub cleaner. It has a good clean scent. This dish washing liquid is good for stocking up on when it's on sale or when you have a great coupon. It won't leave your hands dry but it won't moisture either. The price is on the low end. Unlike the more popular dish washing liquids Ajax comes in a larger than average bottle. The liquid is also good for make bubbles for children after their regular bubble formula has run out. The Ajax is a reliable good dish washing liquid I just wish it was offered in more colors and in more scents. The lack of variety is what holds this product back from being one of the top dish washing liquids.

The one mom has used!

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

I love this product. Really works well to eliminate grease and gunk from those dirty dishes or hands! Has pleasant smells, and makes for great dish washing! I have been raised using this soap and plan to use it often in the future! Why wash dishes with anything else.

The big bottle of Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid saves me money.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

I am one of these people that will buy any brand name when it is on sale. This is how I got Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid. It was on sale for 89 cents, and I also had a coupon for 25 cents of that price.

It comes in a big 16 fluid ounce (1 pint) bottle. It says that it contains 45% more that it's competitors size.

The dish liquid is orange in color, and in smell. I like the fact that it is antibacterial, and helps to fight germs.

It does just as good a good as most brands for suds, and cleaning. The only one I do prefer is Dawn, and that is probably because it is more concentrated.

For cheap everyday cleaning of dishes, you can't beat the value for money, with Ajax.

Is definitely my mother's dish washing liquid

from Wooster, OH

Comments about Ajax Antibacterial Dish Liquid:

I love Ajax. It now has a variety of scents to choose from that smell so good. It still is inexpensive and I look particulary for this product when I go shopping. This is a brand that I grew up watching my mother use and I'm pleased to know that it is still available and better than ever!