4.1
Airwick
Airwick Scented Oils Plugins

Airwick Scented Oils Plugins

4.1

More energizing then relaxing, but I love it!

I love fragrances, and one of my favorite is the **Air Wick Scented Oil Relaxation Lavender & Chamomile Refills** for my Air Wick wall plugs.  A combination of lavender and chamomile, both herbs thought to reduce stress, in a pretty purple liquid is great for our home, since we are constantly stressed from our jobs.

I absolutely love this fragrance.  It reminds me of men's cologne!  When I first bought one, my husband was a little confused when he came home and asked who had been visiting, since it smells so much like cologne!  It's very crisp and kind of earthy. Both me and my husband enjoy this fragrance, which is a miracle, since he's very picky and typically likes fruitier smelling scents.

Initially, I used this fragrance in our bedroom, thinking it would help us sleep.  However, I had to move it into the family room, because the fragrance (even when the plug-in is set to the lowest strength) is just too intense.  Rather than being relaxing, it's invigorating!

This is one of my favorite home fragrances now!  Both genders will love this, and whether you're looking for relaxation or energy, it's worth a try!

Not in my house!

I purchased Air Wick for our home because I thought it would provide a pleasant smelling environment. For a short time our home did smell pleasant. But then began the headaches. Every time I would walk by one of the plug ins, especially if it had the lavender scent, my head would begin to throb. Of course Air Wick would like for you to believe that the scent will last for the amount of time specified on the box, but our scent would fad after about a week. Unfortunately the effects of the scented oil did not go away that quickly. At first I didn’t know the scented oil was causing my headaches but after doing research I started putting all the facts together. I removed the plug ins from our home and soon after my headaches stopped. The manufacturers (not just Air Wick) would like for you to believe the oils in plug-ins are made with natural substances by naming them mountain fresh and lavender but they really contain chemicals like formaldehyde. These types of chemicals introduced into your home can be a major problem when breathing it in every day. Now the only thing I will use as scent in my home is natural and essential oils.

Not in my house!

from Empire, AL

Out-performs the leading brand

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I am not sure why Glade Plug-ins are the top selling products in the scented oil category, because the Airwick ones are better in every way! I have used just about every scented oil plug-in product that exists, along with almost every other type of air freshener (sprays, wax tarts, candles, diffusers, automatic sprays, solids, etc.) and I have to say that the Airwick scented oil plug-ins are my all-time favorite. To begin with, they are less expensive than their competitors, which is automatically a plus in my book because I can't afford to spend a lot of money on scenting my home. I don't feel that my home has a lot of bad odors, I just want it to smell nice and relaxing. I can plug one Airwick scented oil in a room and it produces just as much, if not more scent than when I use 2 Glade equivalents. The fragrances from Airwick, although more limited in selection, seem to be much stronger and longer-lasting than the Glade, or any other brand I've tried, including Bath & Body Works Wallflowers, which are MUCH more expensive. When I walk into a room, I notice the Airwick scent much more than the Glade.

does all of the work for you

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I highly recommend Airwick products. I have always used this plug in freshener and love it!

When shopping for products like this, I first compared prices. Airwick was one of the cheapest, yet after trying several, I prefer it most. The price is the best and the more expensive ones do the same exact thing.

These plug ins can be plugged into any type of normal wall plug in. They are great to use in any room in the house (I like using them in the bathroom). Even if you only have one, it will fill your house up with a pleasant scent.

This brand has many scents to choose from. The refill scents are very cheap, also. None of the scents are overpowering. This plug in has a little notch that can be moved to your desired strength of scent, so no matter how much or how little scent you want, you can get.

This unit works all by itself. Plug it in and it works. The scent refill will slowly get lower and lower until it runs out, then you know it's time for a new one.

Unlike some other plug ins I have tried, this one does not ''sag''. It fits nicely into the socket and stays upright and snug in the wall. It is not cheap and can be bumped or dropped without breaking.

Very powerful! Beats the competition

from ND

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I have tried so many different scents and brands, trying to find my preferred scents and scents that will last. I have run into the issue that I plug in a scent diffuser and it's not strong enough to permeate the whole house--it just freshens the few feet directly around the diffuser. I have tried Glade Oil Plug-ins and I found that they weren't powerful enough to make my house smell fresh--even when I put it on the highest setting. Then, I tried Bath and Body Works, which makes you buy the plug-in (not free with purchase like Glade). I bought it anyway, thinking it was a "better" brand and would make my house smell nice. Wrong! It smells less strongly than the Glade Plug-ins, if that's possible. I still have one plugged in in my kitchen and you can only smell it if you get right up to it. Disappointing. So, after I saw my mother-in-law using the Airwick brand, I thought I would try it. I bought a plug-in and an apple cinnamon oil container. WOW! My house actually smells fresh--and from just this one plug-in! My house is two stories and has very high ceilings. I figured that even this product wouldn't be able to freshen the whole house, but it does! I am officially a convert now--I will purchase Airwick from now on. I'm very impressed!

Smell up the whole room!

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I love these oil plug ins. Lots of the other brands are not strong enough to smell the whole room, much less the whole house. But with Airwick Plug Ins, you can smell the scent throughout the whole house. I feel that Airwick is as good as the high priced brands. And I love quality without pricing the extra price !!

Airwick Scented Oil Plugins - great deal!!

from Muskego, WI

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I had used other scented oil plug ins before airwick and was always disappointed. Either they scent was too strong or non existent. I went into a friends house it smelled wonderful. I asked her about it and she said it was airwicks. 6 months about 6 airwicks later.... I am pleased with the product. My favorite scent is the vanilla cashmere. Easy to install (twist off the top - insert into the plug in - plug in.). Easy to adjust the level of scent on the plug in. Great scent!!!!

Negatives - they are pricey compared to other brands (e.g. Glade). But the schent is better so it is worth it to me. They kind of taper off - you won't get 30 days out of a single refill - close but not a full 30 days. The scent falls off. The plug in unit gets quite warm during use. It won't burn you or your little ones but it makes me wonder how much energy it is sucking out and adding to my electricity bill.

Bottom line - the scent level and selection make it worth more then the cheaper brands. Be prepared to replace every 3 weeks or so.

Seemed to quit working over time

from Knightdale, NC

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I purchased Airwick Scented Oils in bulk at our local warehouse club.  It was a good deal and we had used them before.  A year later, I'm not sure they are working.  At first, I thought the plug-in unit might just be broken so I bought a new unit only. That hasn't seemed to improve the situation.

The unit allows you to adjust the level of scent and that initially seemed to work fine as well. Now, i am not so sure. The unit heats up and get pretty hot - to the point I get a little concerned about it when we leave for long trips.  We usually unplug it.  We have tried the Lillies and the Lavendar fragrances.  My partner loves the lavendar but I think it stinks like chemicals and gives me a headache. The lillies was much more my smell but now I have either grown accustomed to it or it just doesn't work as well.

All in all, I think I prefer glade plug-ins. I used them up until about a year or two ago and I think it might be time to switch back. there is nothing wrong with Airwick per se, but I am just not impressed.

Strong, but adjustable scent

from Princeton, MN

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

Out of all the brands for scented oil plug ins, this brand is my preferred choice.  They have lovely, strong smelling, realistic scents that seem to last longer than the competitors.  Making the oil last longer is a plus, as scented oil refills are a little expensive to use heavily on a regular basis.  The price on Airwick refills is competitive to others, maybe even a little less expensive.

Fortunately, the airwick scented oil base is adjustable as to how much oil is "burnt"  Since these oils are so fragrant, it is a bonus to turn it down low.  This allows more scent, and therefore more "bang for your buck".  I also like how the base is smaller compared to competitors.  It doesn't take up the whole plug in.  It swivels to uncover the other plug.  Good thinking airwick!

Airwick has many scents.  The refills are usually sold in packs of two.  My favorite scent is the apples and cinnamon.  It literally smells like fresh baked apple pie.

smell great and last long

from Euclid, OH

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

I have these devices all throughout my home-bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, living room and this scent is by far my favorite.  I constantly find them on sale and at least once a month, there are coupons in the paper for the double pack.  There are a great scent and do just as they say-I always have this scent by the kitchen garbage-and my guest always tell me how great the house smells.

Air Wick Lavender & Chamomile - Smells Like Home

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Airwick Scented Oils Plugins:

**Air Wick Lavender and Chamomile Scented Oil Plug-Ins**, either original or refills, are a wonderful addition to the one's home.  They're a relatively inexpensive way to add a wonderful subtle scent throughout a room or residence.  I've used this product since its introduction and I swear that one of the ways I know I'm home is smelling this scent.

The Oil Plug-Ins seem to last at least a month per room, making replacement a purchase that won't break your budget.  The scent also subtly permeates upholstered furniture such as sofas and padded chairs, so that it becomes part of your "interior decor."  And, unlike some other plug-in products or scents, this one doesn't seem to irritate allergies in those of us who live here or even visitors.

This product provides a subtle background scent to your surroundings.  It is not designed, however, to cover up undesired odors such as tobacco smoke or a litterbox.  You'll need to check-in with the Febreze folks for issues like that.

This product is easily available and quite affordable and a mainstay in this household.