4.1
Other Air Fresheners:
Electric Air Fresheners
Airwick

4.1

Great when you have dogs!

I am a dog owner, in fact, I have three dogs.   During the summers down south it gets very hot and my dogs are confined to the sun room while I am at work.   We have an awning outside of the sun room which cuts down on the sun/heat coming into the room quite a bit.  Even with the air conditioner and fan going, I still tend to notice the doggie odor when I first get home.  They are small, indoor dogs who are constantly groomed but I felt that it was time to put something in there that would take care of the smell.

**I tried everything**, but the safest and freshest smelling item I tried was the Air Wick Freshmatic Room Deodorizer.     It runs on two AA batteries and it lasts a long time.  There are 3 time setting for the fragrance to be dispensed.   I set it for the longest period of time and if I find that it needs an extra spray (if guests are coming) I can manually press the spray button.

I also have one in my large living room as well.   It is so nice after coming home from work or vacation and walking into a room that smells so nice.

I highly recommend this product for every room in your house, it is a little large but to me, if it works, it doesn't matter.

Airwick is weak :-(

I bought this Airwick air fresheners (i got Lavander/Chamomile & Fresh Waters) for the first time and it probably will be the last..Simply put, i am not satisfied with the result. It says on the label that it does two things: eliminates odor and freshens up the air. Well, that's not how it really turns out. What happens is that when you spray it in a room, it just masks the odor in a good couple of minutes and then after that, it's gone, no trace, no fresh scent that lingers. It's like you've never sprayed at all. This is a really weak freshener, i guess that's why it is priced lower that others on the market. Don't be fooled though, it has a really neat packaging that might just tempt you to buy it. In this case, looks can indeed be deceiving. I am kind of a neat freak and i like the house smelling fresh all the time..when i purchased this product, i wasn't expecting it to be great but i just wanted it to be effective, sadly that's not the case.

Skeptic at first

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

When I first purchased these Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Sprays I thought it wouldn't last for very long and because of the size, it wouldn't make a huge difference in the smell of the room. Well, I was wrong. These Airwick Automatic Sprays are wonderful! There's one in every room. They last for awhile and smell amazing.

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I was looking forward to trying this product out. An air freshener which automatically dispenses a fragranced burst of air every few minutes. I didn't realise when I bought it that there is a little lever on the back to select an automatic burst every 9 minutes, 18 minutes, 36 minutes, so that was a nice bonus. I gleefully selected the '9 minutes' option as I wanted to be reminded of my great find as regularly as possible. I placed it on the bathroom shelf near my kids bedroom as they seemed unable to leave the bathroom in a fit state of use all by themselves! The fragrance itself is lovely, I selected 'Cocoa by a Flickering Fire'. As I lay beside my children at bedtime I started to get a little bothered by the occasional squirty noise coming from the bathroom which always seemed to come to life as my kids were dropping off to sleep. This may be only a small criticism but I wished at that moment, I could switch it off with a remote. I decided to move it to another part of the house where it could not be heard. This is just a small, personal criticism, but one that I felt was noteworthy.

Kills Fish

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I got 2 and liked them at first very easy to use and a great fresh smell, but the next all my fish died PLEASE PUT A WARNING ON YOUR PRODUCT for small pet owners. My kids are very sad not to mention I have to replace the fish so I am out the money I spent on your product and the price of the new fish.

What an improvement!

from Lanham, MD

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I have problems with kitchen odor, both from the trash bin and the garbage disposal. I have tried various sprays, but I don't always notice the odor while I am at home as my nose becomes accostomed to it. I come in from running errands and go "Phew!" I didn't know the odor had happened. I thought about candles, but I don't like the idea of having a lit candle going all the time. I bought one of these AirWick freshmatic automatic sprayers and I love it. It sits unobtrusively on top of my microwave oven and periodically gives a "psst' of fragrance. Since there are so many scents to choose from, I have a few in the drawer ready to refill the sprayer.
It is a very simple looking dispenser, not to big so as to stand out, and it blends right in with the other things I have on top of the microwave. I have had friends and neighbors comment when they come into the kitchen "What is that lovely smell?" I show them and they are impressed. Kitchen odors are tough to deal with, and I am glad that I found this. Of course, the coupon for the starter kit was a big help. I am now planning to buy a couple more for the bathrooms, but that is another story! They need help, too.
I think the proces are reasonable, and I don't know how long they last, but I have had the current one in my kitchen for over 4 weeks and it is still freshening my kitchen.

Scently disappointed

from Gloucester, MA

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I love to walk into a room and have a nice clean scent. That was what I thought I was going to get when I bought this product. First off you have to place it where you think you will get the most out of it. Do not put this in a large room. I suggest a bathroom, closet, or small entry way. In order to really be affective you have to set it to go off on the smallest interval, thus meaning you will be replacing the inner can more then you thought. I tried it in a few rooms and they were not that big. Unless you are right on top of it you do not smell it for a while. The best place for it, like I said would be a bathroom, closet or small entry way.

Keeps my air fresh

from Hamburg, NY

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I like the Airwick are freshener. The scent drifts through the hose to keep it fresh. The sound is a little surprising to guests but when you know it its there you don't even hear it and more. I would like a bigger selection of scents, I can only find two at my local stores. I am giving these away as Christmas Presents to friends and family. They are a great stocking stuffer. Who wouldn't love a gift of fresh air?

Works great for small rooms

from Verona, NY

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I love these products for small rooms, but I have found out that they don't work that great in larger areas. Overall this is a prefect product for bedrooms, bathrooms or rooms that you can close a door.

Airwick Freshmatic is wonderful

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I am definetly a clean freak and proud of it! I like my home to be presentable and have a pleasent aroma that's noticable as soon as you enter it. I like to use brands that offer many different kinds of products that have the same scents so I can combine thier uses and achieve an overall effect. That's why I never really tried Airwick stuff. They don't carry a carpet deoderizer or fabric freshner spray. I ended up using this product because I had a coupon and it was a great price with the coupon. I really liked it! The After The Rain scent is refreshing without being overpowering. You can set intervals for when it will spray and the scent lingers for quite a long time. I keep one in each room so it can keep the areas smelling pleasent without any effort on my part. They have tons of scenrs to choose from that can be combined with the aersol sprays. There's a hole in the back that you can use to hang the unit high enough so that no one gets sprayed by it.

The Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray is Wonderful!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I really like the Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray! I had recently had some guests move out of my home and certain rooms had an odor. I cleaned the carpets and the walls, and got these for each room. I have to say that I LOVE it! It goes off automatically so you dont need to do anything, and you dont need to even walk in the room. Some of the automatic sprays you need to walk in and they go off, so if you have guests over, they have to enter the room first, then it goes off and you get too much scent at once. I love this brand because it goes off on time release, so nobody has to walk in the room first. When you walk in, it smells so good. There is a switch on it, so you can decide what time setting you want, and there is also a button you can push for an extra spray if needed! I love this brand of automatic air freshners!

Airwick is amazing!

from Perryville, MO

Comments about Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray:

I have had my Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Spray air freshener for about 2 years now. I love that it sprays automatically and keeps my house smelling fresh and clean. I live in an apartment and with cigarette smoke seaping throught the walls fromt eh neighbors I new I needed something to get rid of the smell. This definitly serves that purpose.

I like that it has different time frames that you can choose when it will spray. However I don't like that they are on the inside. I am always worried that I may be sprayed in the eye while adjusting the times or turning it off.

I like the scents that are available I only wish that the scent would linger longer. But the boost button is a great feature as well.