Other Misc. Vitamins:

Pros

Cons

I never fly without it

I have been an Airbourne user for many years. I started taking it when I first heard it helped protect you from catching colds from others when you fly. I always take Airborne before and I after I fly, but I also take it anytime i get the feeling I'm coming down with a cold. I would recommend this product to anyone--it's great!

Not such a great product - it didn't prevent my cold

This product leaves much to be desired. My husband and I used it on several occasions before airplane flights. It just didn't work for us - we still caught colds and felt awful. The herbs in the product can also radically change your BMs to a soft consistency (probably too much information here, but I'm being hones about what the product does to your innards), making it difficult to evacuate completely. We didn't change our diets, only added the Airborne product - taking it as directed on the package before, during and after our trip. Unfortunately, it didn't work and one or both of us came down with terrible colds during our trip. I don't think I could recommend this product to my friends, as it didn't work for us. It's also not an inexpensively priced product - I suppose taking herbs is "trendy" but I really don't think there is a cure or preventative measure you can take for colds and viruses, except WASH YOUR HANDS a lot!

Really works to help fight off a cold!

Comments about Airborne:

I always have and always will be prone to catching a bad cold or flu at least once a year. Usually more. Back when I was in High School and College I used to spend weeks on end stuck in my room trying to get over the horrible cold or flu I had caught. I thought that after I graduated college I would not have to worry about being around so many sick children anymore. I was wrong. I may not be around sick kids but my office is one big open room with a bunch of desks and unfortunately a bunch of sick people around cold and flu season. Purchasing airborne was the best decision I have ever made. It really helped to keep me healthy during the cold season and I didn't have to miss any work! It’s a miracle!!! Taking the medicine is very simple and quick. It may not taste the best but it is so quick and painless it is really worth it! I would recommend this product to anyone trying to avoid the flu season.

A Life Saver

Comments about Airborne:

Airborne is an absolute gift! I tend to travel a lot, and what is worse than being around sick people on a plane? You cannot roll down the windows, you can't leave the area, you are stuck! About a week before my flight, I start taking Airborne. I like to try to boost my immune system before traveling and taking the risk of being on an airplane or in an airport with hundreds of germ infected people!
I also keep Airborne in my desk. I rely on public transportation to get to and from work. Often the trains are packed and there is no such thing as a "personal space bubble". During the winter time in New England, plenty of people are sick and have coughs or the sniffles on the train. I make sure if I am too close to a person who I suspect is sick, I will take Airborne in the office.
Airborne works very well. I have had excellent luck by taking Airborne. I do feel like my immune system is better with Airborne than it is without it. Also, Airborne chewables are now available and those work and taste wonderful!

Immune Booster!

Comments about Airborne:

Airborne tablets are a life saver for the health professional. The serving size is four tablets, if you take as directed. Three servings per day is recommended, which equals twelve tablets per day. I keep a bottle at home, in the car and in my desk at the doctor's office that I work at. The chewable tablets taste is not the best. I do not personally chew them but rather suck on them similar to a sweet tart. Also, when I feel a cold beginning to come on I will also use the airborne to help ward it off. This product has been working very well for me and is one of my favorite supplements. The product is very natural which is also important to me. The only downfall I have with this product is that it is rather expensive. I have found buying it in bulk from amazon.com has been the most cost effective way to purchase this. However, to me, if it keeps me from becoming ill and missing valuable time from work, then it is worth it to me.

Taste good too

Comments about Airborne:

I bought the airborne because I heard it will help ward off colds and stop it in its tracks. It really does work. Well for the price and size it better work. You do not get much for the high price tag. I was hoping that it would work by the time I got to the fifth tablet. I was not willing to shell out that kind of money for something that didn't work. But it tasted good and smelled like juice. So you drop it in the water and wait and watch it fizz. I had neglected to read the ingredients before I purchased it. So when I went to buy the airborne in Whole Foods I was shocked that they did not carry it. They said it's because it contains an ingredient that's not natural. Who knew that this product was not all natural. I was upset to say the least. How could so many people rave about it and not know what's in it. I guess you live and you learn. Of course I threw out the rest when I returned home. I checked the airborne website and they still are using the same ingredients. It's up to you if you are willing to give it a try. But I choose to stay clear of this product.

Best Invention Ever

from Bergenfield, NJ

Comments about Airborne:

I think Airborne is the best invention of our times, this product works like a charm, it provides a lot of immune support on my personal experience. I take it before I go into crowded places that always make me sick, or when I know ill be around sick people, and also I take it when I feel I am going down with something and this product doesn't let me get sick. I love that is very easy to find on any store over the counter and the flavors are great, I hate taking medicine or vitamins due to the taste they have, but I don't have that problem with Airborne. The tabs are easily dissolved in cold or hot water and they don't have any type of after taste what so ever. The price range is very reasonable too and when I find them on sale I stock up to have protection all year round. I love that they are very easy to make as well, just get the water, put the tab and wait a couple of seconds, this is a plus for me specially with my busy schedule.

Just run of the mill

Comments about Airborne:

These supplements are just okay. They were created to combat sicknesses and that's a fairly commendable mission but it isn't something that can't be done with other supplements and good old fashioned vitamin c boosts. I am not quite sure what is supposed to make this different from other vitamin c boosts and supplements but I think that is more of a mistake on the marketing side of Airborne than it is a consumer problem... this shouldn't be so mysterious especially if it is trying to make a unique claim for effectiveness. I think it is admirable that it was supposedly developed by a teacher but that also doesn't mean it truly hits home to solving a problem that can't be solved with other boosters. If the marketing changes, and this product isn't so elusive, maybe I'll feel differently. Also, I don't like that it is a tab, that reminds me of Alka Seltzer and creates a time delay and limitation in its ability to dissolve. I want to take boosters like these fast and quick and that is an issue with the tablet form that requires time to dissolve and a certain amount of water as well.

Not a good product.

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Airborne:

Some people swear by these. But trust me, they don't do a thing for me other then the benefits one gets from vitamin c. They really only contain vitamin c. I find these on sale a lot because they are in all the stores that carry vitamins. So, if they are cheap enough, I get them as use them as vitamin c all year long.

My doctor even told me the same thing, that basically all they have is vitamin c. And, because vitamin c helps with colds and immunity, this pill does that.

My personal experience in using these started a long time ago. I was started to get a cold, and I found these in a store. Bought them, used them as directed, but they didn't help. I gave them another try. They didn't help then either. So then I decided I was taking them "wrong," so I read it all, everything about them. Started to get the stiffles, took them as directed, but they didn't help.

So that is why I use them, but only as a vitamin c supplement.

Didn't work for me - still got sick.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Airborne:

Airborne is a vitamin that I bought because it is suppose to help your immune system fight off colds and things like that. I bought it before I was going on a trip because a lot of people I had been around were sick. Unfortunately Airborne did not work for me that time. I thought that I had just taken it too late but I kept taking it and still had several very bad colds last winter. I was really disappointed because I felt like it was working. I did have more energy and truthfully, the colds I got did go away quicker than usual, but it still didn’t make me immune to getting a cold. I think that Airborne did help me feel better, more energy and overall feel good, but it just didn’t prevent getting a cold. And the good news was that I didn’t get anything more serious than a cold all winter. It was a little on the expensive side so I will not buy it again as it didn’t do what I wanted it to do.

Tastes Horrible, better off just taking vitamin supplements

Comments about Airborne:

I travel a lot and some friends suggested that I try airborne before getting on a long plane trip. I worry about so many people in such close quarters especially during cold and flu season. So I decided to give airborne a try. It tasted absolutely horrible. I will say that I didn't catch a cold but I rarely do, so I can't say for sure whether the airborne had a positive affect or not. I like the idea behind airborne. It combines some very important vitamins and minerals in one pill to help improve your body's immune system. They contain vitamins C, E and A which are very important. They also contain zinc which is an essential nutrient and some minerals (Selenium, Manganese, and Magnesium) that support the immune system. If you can deal with the horrible taste, these pills probably will help hold off a cold or the flu. But the taste is so bad, that you may be better off just increasing the dose of your vitamin C supplement or eating an orange before you board a plan.

Love this product to keep well in the winter!

Comments about Airborne:

This is one of my favorite immunity boosts during the winter months. I only take this when I start to feel sick (I suppose the immunity boost would be good all the time, but I've never tried that). I find it doesn't work as well if I wait until I am full-blown sick. But, if I take it when I am just starting to feel back it does a great job of curbing a potential sickness. I also use it for my kids when they are sick or when someone in their class is sick. I only give them a half dose because of the size difference though. I think it helps them as well. Of course you can't know if you were going to get really sick in the future, but I do find that my kids are pretty healthy compared to their friends at school. They usually only miss 1-2 days per year and I am sure the extra boost from this helps. I am not as fond of the bubbly-ness of the drink, but the flavor itself is good. The berry is my favorite, but the orange is a good choice too.