Other Air Fresheners:

Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit

Pros

Cons

Can't get enough of Air Wick automatic room freshners

Air Wick automatic air freshener's are delightful!  The freshener's, which come in a variety of fragrances, smell great and the unit that houses the fresheners blend well with any decor.  There are three main reasons that make this product a must have for me.  One, its automatic, so my home smells fresh all day without having to spray a quick wisp when company drops by unexpectedly.  Second, Air Wick has created three settings -- 9 minutes, 18 minutes, and 36 minutes --  so that the duration in which I release freshness is in my control.  With Air Wick fresheners, once I found the setting that was most comfortable to the setting of my home, it was quite refreshing to know that all I had to do was just sit back and enjoy.  Lastly, I love that the green indicator light blinks so that I always know when my freshener unit is operating or in need of batteries.  When the unit is in need of batteries (which isn't as often as I thought it would be) the light stops flashing, letting me know that the unit is in need of new ones.  My home can't go without it and I know because I can sense the difference when the fresheners run out.

If I could change one thing, it would be the size of the refills.  It would be nice if the fragrances lasted longer, but then that would mean the unit would need to be made larger to accommodate the larger cans, which could impact the appealing design of the units.  The product delivers what it promises, so I can overlook the size of the refills in exchange for a consistently fresh smelling home -- for now!

Air Wick Freshmatic is loud!

I may have gotten a defective one or something because mine is almost unbearably noisy.  We have used the Lysol brand automatic spray for years and the unit just wore out so I headed to the store and bought two of the Airwick and one Lysol one.  (they were having an awesome sale) I was eager to try the Airwick Freshmatic Ultra so I followed the instructions putting it together and hung it on the wall where our Lysol brand hung for years.  It scared the daylights out of the dogs and myself.  Of course you can hear the "spray" as with all the brands but this one is squeaky and groans.  I have gotten used to it but the poor dogs and my husband have not. The fragrance, I think, is also lacking in quality to Lysol.  The Lysol fragrance seemed to last longer than this one.  I bought two of the Airwick so I will try it again and just hope that I got a defective one.  Also, there is no "boost" option on this one as there was on our Lysol one.

Takes care of my place when I go out

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

I have really liked aerosol air fresheners best. I had used solids for their constant effects, but noticed that they lasted just about a week or two. I got this unit because it was aerosol and because I could set it to spray every 30 minutes while I was away at work. I would be greeted by a nice smell when returning home. I got two of these units and put one in the hallway in front of the bathroom and the other by the front door, where the cat litter and food station is. These tend to be areas where the most offensive odors happen and linger. They run on AA batteries and one scent can lasts for a month and the batteries are good for 6 months. I like the aromas available, particularly the floral ones and the spicy holiday scents. They are all effective and pleasant and make me feel good to have guests and I have peace of mind that they will not notice odors from my pets. And it does it automatically.

"Fresh Waters"....Smells Soooo Good!

from obɐɔıɥɔ, IL

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

I've had this "Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit", for quite some time now. It definitely serves it's purpose in the bathroom. The Starter Kit Contains: (1) automatic unit, (1) fragrance spray, and (2) AA batteries. The fragrance spray that I like is called "Fresh Waters". You can set it on a flat surface or hang it on the wall. There's a timer inside the Unit that you can set. The choices are 9,18 and 36 minutes, along with an off option. I prefer the 36 minute option. I've also replaced the batteries, that came with the unti, that didn't last too long. I prefer to use my rechargeable batteries. All ya do is "set it to your preferred fragrance level (timer) and enjoy the continuous freshness through out the day. This Unit does all the work for ya. Just in case ya don't care for this fragrance, there's plenty of others to choose from. I love this fragrance and I would highly recommend this to a friend!

awesome product

from Boise, ID

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

before my daughter and i moved out into our own place, we lived in a cramped four bedroom house with with four other people. everyone in the house, except myself and well my 3 yr old smoked. i hated it and would constantly ask them NOT to smoke around my child and me. what i wanted, though, always went un noticed.

i tried different air freshners..etc to block the horrid smell. nothing worked and we always ended up smelling like an ash tray. not exactly something i want my beautiful little girl smelling like. i had read other reviews about this product and my mom had one too at her house. i decided that i would try this as a last ditch effort.

this product is amazing. it works so well and what i like about it the most, is you dont constantly hav eto spray it. you dont have to worry about it "always being on" either. it sprays as people walk by or make motion near it. the smell is nt too light or too overpowering either.

the price is a bit costly, at first..but once you get the starter kit, you only have to buy the refill kits and that isnt bad.

Smells Great and lasts a long time

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

I bought this at a drug store when it was on sale and had a coupon. I wasn't sure what to expect but I know I didn't want it to smell too flowery. I was relieved that it wasn't too strong. We put it in our back room which is like a porch, but enclosed. We have 2 dogs that stay in this back room during the day plus two rabbits. It smells like a barn in there so we thought it would freshen it up a bit. We were happy that it removed the smell and what you smelled was the nice fragrance. It lasted several weeks and what's nice is that you can adjust the timing. You can adjust it to spray every 9 minutes to every 36 minutes. I would buy this product again when on sale and I think I just bought 6 of them last month.

Makes the house smell nice but be careful with little kids.

from North Richland Hills, TX

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

I love the idea, but a competitor of their's makes a much better product and here is why... I have a small child and if this is anywhere near close to her height sitting on a counter etc... she gets sprayed in the face or on the body. I don't like that it comes out from the front but I prefer the one that squirts out the fragrance from the top so the fragrance goes up not out. They have some great scents, but they all seem to make me sneeze. They do however majke your house smell wonderful and you don't have to do anything but just let it sit there, which is a huge plus! You always have a nice smelling house. I wish they would get a little more creative with their fragrances too. Febreeze makes so AWESOME fragrances that all the companies should shoot for, especially the one with the automatic sprayers! The refills are kind of pricey but when I bought this brand I used coupons so they are not so bad. Ya know worst thing that could happen is you try and it an return it because they have a money back guarantee. Might be for you, it just was not for me.

overpriced

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

My wife always goes weak when she sees this product in a supermarket. It is like once you after using it, you tend to continue using it to get the same fragrance which you become habitual of using at your home. I do not mind using the product on regular basis, its just that i found them bit overpriced and end up waiting for coupons to help buying the next refill. It reminds me of iphone which is easy to buy but difficult to maintain due to its monthly bill. Coming back to product - its habitual, once you start using it. the reason is simple, the fragrance. There are multiple fragrance available and after using almost three to four different one I'm still not sure which one is the best as all the better than others. Normally the kit comes very cheap while buying the unit sometime it's free if you pay attentions to Sunday coupons. There is adjustable tab where you can control the fragrance flow which is a good feature.

Air Wick Freshmatic is loud!

from Cleburne, TX

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

Air Wick Freshmatic Great Idea, good product.

from Ferguson, KY

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

This Fresh Matic Air wick freshener is an inegenious idea. It automatically sends out a birst of freshener every 9, 18, or 36 minutes. The products batteries do not last very long and depending on what setting you put it on how often you have to replace the can of air freshener. The replacement cans are 4 bucks so it can become costly to keep them working. That may be a big factor to some but I find that the costs does not outweigh the benefits. I have a cat which comes with a stinky litter box. I am able to put a automatic air freshner in the room with her litter box and it helps to keep the odor down. The range in scents is good. My favorite is the fresh waters and I have used the vanilla as well. The vanilla can become a little overwhelming at times though so my husband has requested that I not buy it any more. I have three of these in my home, one in the kitchen, one in the stair well and then the other near the litter box.

Air Wick Freshmatic sprays what is needed

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

I have my Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra kit in my basement, near the laundry area. Although I wish that the intervals ranger farther than 36 minutes at most, I ignore that one flaw because the fragrance is not heavy. I am happy with the kit -- all I have to do is leave it and forget it. It sprays on the intervals I set (three settings?). It is convenient and easy to setup. Refills and batteries are easy to replace. I have found that other (competitor) refills also will work in this, which is nice and convenient. The starter kit can be on the pricier side, but with a coupon and/or sale pricing, it is worth it. Similar to Ronco's motto "set it and forget it", that really is all I have to do with this. I like the different fragrances available. They have seasonal fragrances, which are a nice change up. I really feel like it only sprays what is needed, even with the frequent sprays/timer. It is easy to play anywhere, and can be easily hidden or set off to the side.

Love it

from Duncan, SC

Comments about Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit:

The Airwick Freshmatic Ultra Starter Kit with Unit is one of my favorite air freshners. They can be a pit pricey but I love the different scents that I get to choose from and that they come in different sizes that are available and that they are easy to use. They last a long time and you have the option to set the time interval (as far as when it goes off) to whatever setting you like. The refills can cost as much as the starter kit but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and with the airwick freshmatic ultra starter kit you are getting a great product. I have given these to several friends as gifts and they love them however my mother in law did say that it sometimes scares her when it goes off. I love the starter kits and love how they can pretty much be put anywhere from on table tops to behind the toliet and it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Great product and I will continue to buy them.