2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

Bon Voyage!

I've flown with Air France quite a few times and every time was a pleasant experience. Customer service was helpful, the airplane was neat and in very good shape, the flight attendants were warm and courteous, and the flght itself was smooth and always on time. I highly recommend flying with Air France.

My worst airport/airline experience ever!

I'm writing this from a self-paid hotel room in Paris. I don't have a change of clothes and no toiletries whatsoever. The reason is because I have checked-in luggage with Air France, which should have arrived with me in Zagreb earlier tonight. I'm supposed to be staying in a high end hotel and preparing for a big conference I have to attend. Except that I didn't make it to Zagreb. This guy called Jeremie at the E23 Air France counter/gate prevented me from boarding my connecting flight. He saw me running like mad from Hall D where I just deplaned from Oslo to E26. I arrived approximately 15 minutes prior to take-off schedule. This guy said there was a person waiting for me. I told him I was traveling alone. The man was waiting for his female company, whom the Air France guy thought was me. The man took the bus (to the aircraft I presume) without his company. I didn't make it. The Air France guy asked me to wait and wait I did. A few minutes later, he called me and asked for my passport. Then two guys arrived. They also missed the flight to Zagreb. Air France guy spoke to them, answered their queries, promised to put them on the next flight and to give them vouchers for meals and for overnight hotel accommodation. I was pushed aside. Some more phone calls. Then the female company arrived. I was again put aside. She said she didn't hear the boarding announcement. They talked about options. The Air France guy offered him vouchers as well. After more than 30 minutes of waiting and three people who got ahead of me, I asked to guy to listen and attend to me. I complained for his keeping me wait while I was there well before the others. He had apparently produced a boarding pass for me, and he tore it up into many pieces while telling me in a high-pitched voice that I should just buy another ticket to Zagreb. I asked him to just give me my passport back. He did and dismissed me with a very sarcastic, "have a nice day, madame." I went upstairs to talk to the customer service counter. He followed and spoke to his colleagues in French, which I didn't understand. But I suppose he told them about his version of the story before I can even state mine. The woman manager told me they could not offer me anything, but that out of consideration, they would book me on the next flight. I asked them to explain why I'm being treated unfairly, but nobody cared to offer me an explanation. No apologies either. I told them about the guy's very rude treatment of me, but they did not listen. The woman manager simply said I should write to KLM. I asked for the guy's name and he only gave it after much argument. I was crying then, and he issued another sarcastic "have a nice day, madame." And so I spent the next couple of hours wandering about the airport, passing by several security checks, asking people for direction, looking for a place to stay the night. I finally arrived at a hotel a few minutes before 10 PM, when I should have been in Zagreb already, attending to my business and at this point, getting ready for bed. I understand that you have policies, but today, I didn't see how they are enforced with consistency. I've also been treated very unfairly. I don't mind the inconvenience very much, but I'm worried and now utterly scared with the realization that there are some really nasty persons out there. I wonder if I had been discriminated because of my skin color and/or apparent youth. I wonder why you put people like him in a job that requires dealing with people.

Average Airline

Comments about Air France:

I can't say I totally hate this airline but I also don't love it either. The positives are that they serve very tasty croissants in flight which does make up for a lot. However, the kind customer service doesn't really happen with this airline. The flight attendants I've encountered have been a bit rude and not very accommodating. They are also the only airline I've encountered where I've had to weigh my carry-on bag on a major flight. The other airlines I flew that same day had no problem with my carry-on so it could have been that specific worker or it could be a company policy. Either way, the workers I talked with were very short with me and not kind. I also asked to move seats since there were many open seats and that apparently isn't allowed either unlike many other airlines that will let you do that.

In-Flight Accommodations
The airline actually serves free champagne to all customers even those in economy seating.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Good prices and flights to France

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Air France:

I have flown Air France out of Buffalo and Toronto and the experience was decent both times. Out of Buffalo you have to change plans and connect in an East coast hub city. Out of Toronto, you land and connect in Montreal but do not have to get off the plane. The flight was pretty standard for an international flight and the fares were about average compared to the other airlines offered similiar flights. It was easy to book the flights and the one time I had to speak with customer service, I did not have any issues (I did have to wait about 15 minutes, but the agent apologized several times for the delay). Overall, they are one of the better options to get to Paris, especially if you go out of Toronto and want a direct flight.

In-Flight Accommodations
The planes were pretty standard for international travel. A tad bit more spacious seats and leg room then a domestic flight. A blanket and pillow provided since you will be flying overnight. Multiple in flight entertainment options. A hot meal served that was about what you would expect for airplane food.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Great customer service with Champagne to boot!

Profile Image

from Davis, CA

Comments about Air France:

I flew Air France very recently and was very happy! Everything about the flight was perfect. The flights were on time, planes clean with ample seating room and the attendants were attentive.

I was amazed at the size of the seats. There was plenty of room and these were only main cabin seats. So, I was comfortable on my 12 hour flight.

The food was amazing! It was delicious and ample. I couldn't believe it kept coming. They offered great complimentary wine and Champagne. I was in heaven.

Entertainment was free and there were many options. I watched multiple movies that weren't out on DVD yet.

Flight attendants were very nice.

Service
What more can I say! The crew was busy the entire time as this was a daytime flight that seemed to never end. It was daytime in France when we left and daytime in the US when we landed. So, there were two shifts working ensuring all of us were comfortable.

In-Flight Accommodations
Food was top-notch and entertainment was over the top. There were so many entertainment choices--all great.

Great experience

Comments about Air France:

I traveled with Air France twice last year and one was for a business trip. The company had made all the bookings and so I had not to worry about the flight timings and the price of the tickets while I contacted their service department a day before boarding the flight and they were very friendly while assisting me on my queries. The flight was on time and the staff members greeted me well. The seats were very comfortable and since my tickets were of business class, the treatment which I received was overwhelming. There were top-class facilities available within the flight like complimentary meal services, individual screens on-demand programming and amenity kits. The airlines take very good care of the baggage of the passengers.

The restrooms were very spacious with the latest equipment and toiletries. My experience was mind blowing within the flight and the staff members treated with with great respect and affection. It was overall a fun journey and I plan to avail their services once again.

Nice airline to fly with - especially to Paris

Comments about Air France:

I used Air France quite a lot and it's a nice airlines with great aircrafts - they got the 777s plus good inflight entertainment earlier than other airlines. For short haul within Europe they are definitely good compared to other airlines that are trying to be full service low budget airlines. They do provide snacks and drinks and it's something I appreciate a lot since the liquid ban. I wouldn't want to buy expensive overpriced water at an airport.

If you are flying into Paris, Air France uses Terminal 2 at Charles De Gaulle Airport which is a lot nicer than Terminal 1. Also I think the connection into Paris from the Airport is better from Terminal 2 than Terminal 1. So it's worth it if you are tight in time to pick Air France versus for example Lufthansa.

Delta and Air France are in the same alliance Sky Team, so if you have tons of Delta points, use it on Air France flights - especially if you have baby/kids. Air France has baby bassinet for babies and they block them until check-in at the airport started, so your baby can sleep in a cot during a long haul flight (the cot is for babies less than 7 months old or less than 10kg). Their toys for kids are great too - very beautiful and well designed.

Service
I saw that French speaking people receive better service.

In-Flight Accommodations
Seats ar ok, a bit on the narrow side.

it's a french thing

from united states

Comments about Air France:

With peaks come valleys and Air France offers both. They are, without a doubt, your average large international airline. Small little things slip through the cracks but there are some features offered that smaller airlines cannot keep up with.

Service
Air France leaves a little to be desired in the customer service department. However, I feel a majority of the major airlines, not only in Europe, but internationally, come up short in customer service. However, after many delays, lost luggage, and a flight cancellation, I expect to be treated slightly different by a company I was giving business to.

In-Flight Accommodations
Fun fact: Air France is the only airline that offers complementary champagne to all of their guests in flight. Even those passengers sitting in economy. It must be a French thing and I like it. In addition, there was a wide variety of French films offered as part of the in-flight entertainment in the seat back in front of you.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Air France-pricier but worth it.

Comments about Air France:

Air France has come a long way in the last few years. I used to really dislike their service and everything associated with this airline, but in the last few years, I have completely changed my mind, and have gotten nothing but stellar service every time I have flown back to Europe with Air France. I also have gotten to fly on the new A380, and what a life changing experience that was! I always fly on economy class, but actually almost felt like I was in business class on that airplane. I try to book Air France whenever possible, I hope they continue providing great customer service.

Service
Air France has gotten a bad reputation over the years, and I have heard people talk about how terrible service was, but I can honestly say that flying with Air France has been outstanding since about 2008 for me. I use them every time I fly to Europe.

In-Flight Accommodations
I think that the food on Air France flight is slightly better than on most US owned airlines like Delta or United. I also love that they serve free wine with your meal even in the economy class.

Overall Great Experience

Comments about Air France:

I was surprised at all the negative comments about Air France. It's just proof that everyone's experiences are different. I have had some wonderful experiences with Air France. The most notable one was just recently, when I made the move from France back to the U.S. I was bringing my two young cats with me, and was very stressed about traveling with them. I called Air France no fewer than four times to double (and quadruple) check the details, such as cage size, vaccinations, fee, etc. Though it took a while to get through, they were always very helpful and made sure to go check on information they weren't sure about. I initially thought I wouldn't be able to put my two cats in the same cage, meaning I would pay 400 euros to get them on the plane. They assured me that it would be no problem, cutting that fee in half and relieving some of my stress knowing my cats could be together. Upon arriving at the airport with a million suitcases (between my parents and me) and a large cage, the check-in lady was so so helpful in explaining how to process the cats and all that, and made it a smooth experience. Once we got on the flight, it was un-crowded so we were able to stretch out and relax -- the plane was very nice, and so were the flight attendants. Overall it made a very stressful moving experience a little less so. My only comments were in the handling of my cats after the check-in lady. When I went to hand them over to the people who would put them under the plane, they looked very uncaring and didn't seem to handle the cage with enough care. Once we got off the plane in Miami, I went to ask where I could pick up my cats only to find they had literally left the cage in the middle of the baggage claim area! I knock off 2 stars for those guys, but other than that it was a lovely experience.

For An Airline, Pretty Good

Comments about Air France:

As an American living in France, I have flown AirFrance several times. I've generally had good experiences, in particular the most recent one. I recently moved from France back to the States, and had to worry about moving all my things, having separate tickets from my parents who were helping me move, and getting my cats on the plane. Because of this, I must have called AirFrance customer support 4 or 5 times, just to make sure that my cats would be accepted and well taken care of. Though the wait was often long, once I got through they were very helpful and friendly, taking the time to look things up that they didn't know like necessary cage dimensions and vaccinations. It helped put my mind at ease, because I was so worried about putting my cats underneath the plane. They assured me that they were the only animals on the flight and would be just fine. The drop-off process was very easy, and the woman processing them and our tickets was just great. I will say that the people who took the cage didn't seem to care so much that there were animals in there, and whoever got them off the plane just left them in the middle of baggage claim, but they did just fine. I digress. The planes are usually very modern, and the seats pretty comfortable. The drinks and meals are usually fairly tasty, as far as airplane food goes. All in all, not so bad! It's one of the better airlines I've traveled with.

Nice International Flights

Comments about Air France:

I flew AirFrance for the first time this summer when my girlfriend and I were headed to Paris. The overall experience was not much different than any international flight that I've flown on. You have your own screen with many choices of movies, shows, and games, along with different music stations. The meals that we had both on the way there and the way back were fine. For airplane food they meals weren't bad at all. We were sitting in the exit seats so we had more than enough leg room in coach, but I'm not sure about the normal seats. I do not speak French, but my girlfriend does and used to live in France. The flight attendant that helped us was super friendly when she found out that she spoke French, and gave me something to help my ears pop when we were landing. After my experience, I would fly AirFrance again.

Service
Speaking French helped us get better service. They attendants were very nice.

In-Flight Accommodations
They weren't anything that I haven't seen on other international flights.