2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

C'est late, but still worth flying on.

Air Canada couldn't make a flight pull back from the gate on time, if someone offered them all of the sugar farms in Cuba, but........with that being said, they're still quite a good airline if you just don't care about being all that prompt arriving at your destination.

While needing to fly transcontinentaly last year, I picked up on one of Air Canada's tango fares offered online, and traveled for a very reasonable price from coast to coast.  It was half the price of a US airline to travel between Vancouver BC and Washington DC round trip, but price isn't the only reason I like them.  Their customer service is very good.  The flight attendants I found to be knowledgeable about travel, their schedule, their airports served, friendly, and offered good service.  Almost unusual for flight these days.  The food is better than OK, and it's an all around kind of a classy operation.

As I usually book travel online, (unless some portion of my trip becomes extremely problematic, then I utilize a travel professional),  and I really liked the ease and practicality of Air Canada's web site.  You have a choice of fares and online services for your flight.  You can opt for seat selection, or not and save money.  You have meal choices you can pick online, or not.  Baggage options are also available online.  Tango fares online, (the cheap ones), are offered on many flights I found, but the airmileage offered is at 50%.  A small price to pay for saving significant bucks.  The Tango Plus fares are offered with full air mile rates flown.

Air Canada is part of the Star Alliance system and their airmiles can be utilized, or transfered to, or used on, many other foreign or domestic airlines.  I'd fly them again, and look forward to the trip.  As long as I don't have to be on time to wherever I'm going.

Make sure you don't have to contact customer service

I purchased a Round trip ticket for my son and he had to change the return date with the same itenary and the charge was made to my credit card. Somehow when I got my card statement I found that they have double charged me . I called and they said they had to review it and would get back to me. After 1 week of back and forth they said they found the problem and would credit me back but it would take about 2 months for it show on my statement. Being a good samaritan I thought I'll just wait since it was a mistake. After 3 months I still have not receive my credit and have called them up and was given the run around.I tried to call and speak to their customer service manager and was told that they do not have one and all I could do is to go online and file my complaint or write a letter.I chose to file my complaint online and did not get any acknowledgement that they were looking into the matter. I called numerous times and was told that they are most probaly looking into the matter but no confirmation.I finally called it quits and just called my credit card company and disputed the charges.I got a letter form from the card company and filed the dispute. Withina week a , I got my credit back.

Worst Airline to travel outside US & Canada

Comments about Air Canada:

Worst airline to travel specially when travelling outside US or Canada. They don't have bassinet for babies older than 3 months (only available for babies who cannot sit upright).We travelled from Toronto to Frankfurt and my 1.5 year old baby never got a bassinet. We had paid for bassinet while booking our seat and we had to carry in her lap for 8 hours. We lost our bags on arriving to our final destination (Delhi). Poor partnership with Lufthansa and their systems never match. Worst part was when we are travelling from Dubai to Toronto , Lufthansa could not find my baby's ticket in their system and blamed it on Air Canada for exchanging it with other passenger. They asked us to pay for new ticket and after hours of argument they purchased a new ticket for Infant. Never travelling with this airline in future!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Provided great service and price for our honeymoon flight

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Air Canada:

When we were looking for a flight to Rome, Air Canada offered the best rate without having to change planes or have any layovers. I had never flown Air Canada so I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully it was a great experience on all levels. Booking was easy. When we had a question about the leg room seats, it was easy to call customer service and get an answer. All of the staff we dealt with was courteous and we had no issues on either flight.

Service
We had pretty good and standard service using Air Canada. The only down side is that when you checked in there was only one live person. Just like most other air lines, they expected you to do a self check in. We were curious about an upgrade and the cost so we waited in the line (plus we had time to kill). The only unfriendly person we encountered with our Air Canada experience was that agent who said something along the lines of "but you wouldn't want to pay that much" when she told us how much the upgrade was. She was right, but it was pretty rude of her to assume.

In-Flight Accommodations
The plane was equipped with pretty standard in filght accomodations for an international flight. We had individual monitors on each seat (some working better then others), free headphones for using the monitors, standard small airplane pillows and blankets. A decent sized meal was served and came with your choice of beer or wine (or any pop or juice product).
One down side is that they don't offer the "extended leg room" seats that many airlines offer. We would have willingly paid up to about $100 extra per ticket in order to get the added space.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Awful customer service, and always late!

Comments about Air Canada:

The Bottom Line: Air Canada has a reputation for frequently being late and poor customer service, and after flying with them four times, I can honestly say that Air Canada has earned that poor reputation. I hate flying with them, and only will do so because they do sometimes have much better prices for flying to Europe than most other airlines.

Service
I have flown back to Europe with Air Canada four times over the last ten years, and every single time, I received appalling customer service both before boarding and once on board, and Air Canada flight attendants really have a knack for making you feel like such an inconvenience to them, it is a wonder why they still do the job they do. Out of the four times I flew with Air Canada, the plane arrived in Toronto for my transfer with at least one and a half hour delay, which three times out of four, caused me to miss my next flight. When I went to customer service to get booked on a different flight, they were flat out rude, and when they told me I'd have to wait 8 hours for the next available flight, and I let them know how dissatisfied I was, they told me to "take it or leave it." I frankly do not know that I will ever fly with Air Canada again, and unless their prices are significantly cheaper than other airlines, I will probably try to avoid them at all cost.

In-Flight Accommodations
In-flight accommodations are fairly standard, with narrow seats, no leg room, average food options.

Not my favorite Airline.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Air Canada:

I had a business trip to Canada for a convention and this was my very first time flying with Air Canada so I had no idea on what to expect but hoped for the best. Our plane was late taking off, so we arrived late. The flight was not too bad, the plane was pretty old and really needed to be updated at least to make it more comfortable for passengers. My air vents did not work so I got pretty hot in there. The ladies that were helping and serving drinks seemed pretty friendly on my first flight and got drinks pretty fast and were eager and willing to help if you needed anything. On the return flight, we once again were late and not able to take off on time, this seems to be a recurring theme for them. This plane was even worse than the first plane and was very beat up and did not really make you feel too safe. The seat I was sitting in had some unknown nasty stain that was really gross. When I told the flight attendant she rolled her eyes at me and said it was a full flight and that I'd have to deal with it. When I asked for at least a blanket to put over it so I didn't have to sit directly on it, she once again rolled her eyes and walked away, only to bring me one back about five minutes later. We arrived back late. This flight was really one of the worst I've ever experienced, and I fly a lot. I was very disappointed with this company.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

I thought our neighbors to the North were nice!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Air Canada:

Air Canada is not the airline I would recommend to anyone if they need to fly within Canada. The prices are not in line with comparable airlines, they charge for everything, the planes seem outdated, and the staff is TERRIBLE. I have a small daughter who was even smaller when I had to fly on Air Canada. She was ill at the time we flew and very upset. I was frustrated, tired, and I needed some towels for her. The flight attendant charged me for towels! I was upset, but paid for them. The flight attendant made me feel terrible because my child was sick. She was not super fussy, just cried a little at the beginning of the trip. I felt as though I was unwanted on the flight because she was sick. The flight attendant never asked me if I wanted a drink, if I needed anything, and would just walk past our seats, even though she was doing those things for other passengers. I feel that their staff needs some training in how to be courteous to their passengers. Do NOT fly Air Canada!

Excellent Experience

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Air Canada:

I took a very short flight on Air Canada from the US to Montreal and was very impressed. The 45 minute flight just zipped past!

The plane itself was not ideal. It sat about 15 people and was very, very tiny. It was definitely not the usual jet I'm used to flying in. However, for a 45 minute flight it was fine. I'm sure their normal jets would be much more enjoyable.

Getting on and off the plane was effortless and luggage handling was super fast. I never had to wait at any step of my flight. Everyone was very friendly and pleasant and made my flight enjoyable.

Having never been through Customs at that airport I was a bit confused at first, but everyone was very friendly and helpful and guided me to where I needed to go.

The entire experience of flying both ways was very pleasant. I would certainly recommend Air Canada to anyone who needs to travel in Canada. You really cannot go wrong with their excellent service.

Use Air Canada When Flying Within Canada

from united states

Comments about Air Canada:

Air Canada is my preferred airline when flying within the Canadian boarders. They offer the largest selection of flight destinations and departure times. In addition, AIr Canada also offers service to not only the major international airports, but their neighboring metropolitan regional airport as well. So many options.

Service
AIr Canada services a number of airports throughout Canada.

In-Flight Accommodations
While other airlines really need to start looking towards the advancements regarding in-flight accommodations today, Air-Canada has taken the lead in this category. They have XM satellite radio as their musical entertainment and many television and game selections are available in the screen in front of you.

As for the food and beverage selection available on Air-Canada, I would rank them on par with other major airlines. There are some beverage options available and food can be purchased on some flights.

Very disappointing experience.

Comments about Air Canada:

It was back in 2004 when Emirates didn't fly to Toronto and I had to take a flight to Karachi. I wanted to fly Emirates so I flew from Toronto to London via Air Canada and took Emirates from there forward. It was my first and last travel with Air Canada. First of all my flight was delayed by a couple of hours. Then the plane was so small and crappy for an international travel. It was an Airbus I believe. Okay it was not just the size, it was not even very clean. The staff was pretty rude and not helpful. The food sucked. And the bathroom was so dirty I had to wait to land at Heathrow to relax myself. When I landed at London where I was supposed to take a two-day transit which I clearly mentioned to the Air Canada staff member who was checking in my luggage at Toronto, I was surprised to not find any of my bags on the luggage belt. I went to Air Canada counter on Heathrow and I was stunned to find that my luggage had been moved to next plane which I wasn't even going to catch. Anyway, they did apologize to me and had my luggage taken out from that plane and brought to me and this entire process had me worried sick and waiting for 3 hours while my family members who were there to receive me were also worried sick. Just take any airline but not Air Canada.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

No free food, but good service

Comments about Air Canada:

I got no food on a 5 hour flight to Las Vegas from Canada. I was actually shocked at this news because I've always received food on flights. This company has lowered their standards to the point of starving their clients and making them pay for food. I have also noticed (sitting right behind the first class), they got crackers of some kind. Crackers for me aren't my cup of tea. I had to pay for food for my children but that's about it. I did not get anything for myself since I was so angry with them. Although, I did find the staff to be quite nice. I enjoyed my flight, but then, the food was the only issue. Overall it was not bad, but before booking my next flight with them I would check out some other airlines to see if they offer food. I booked another ticket with another company and had food, so I was very satisfied with them. If you don't mind paying for your food, you probably will not have a problem with them.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Nickel and diming left and right, some very poor outdated planes

Comments about Air Canada:

For flights in Canada, there are two options. Air Canada and Westjet. Air Canada positions themselves as the higher class provider, while Westjet is the cheaper option, but in reality Air Canada's quality is no higher than Westjet. My experience with Air Canada was filled with nickel and diming left and right for the most basic amenities. I'm talking things such as pillows, blankets, headphones, snacks, and drinks. You would expect that kind of stuff would be offered for free included with the ticket if they charge so much higher than Westjet.

Another issue I had with Air Canada was misleading advertising of their newly refurbished interiors on planes. You are led to believe that your flight will offer these planes, but on the flights to Hawaii from Vancouver or Calagary, they are still running the 3 last remaining ancient non-refurbished planes. It is mentioned, but you must dig through many pages of articles to find tiny fine print which states this. It was a very frustrating experience with the shock of finding myself on a very outdated, junky plane which really contrasts to the rest of the fleet.

So beware, if you're flying to Hawaii, you're most likely to find yourself on a plane of junk! I would not recommend Air Canada again at least to that destination.