Other Mortgage Lenders:

Aimloan.com

Pros

Cons

• Types/Options:

I received great service and a great rate.

I've used AimLoan.com twice for refinancing our home mortgage as rates went down. The last refi was the beginning of this year. Both times I was VERY pleased with the service. The rates and costs were the lowest I could find, the service was great, and my loan closed within the needed time period. I was assigned a loan processor who was my only contact (rather than multiple people requesting documents and information.) I always received immediate responses and each time the loan processor quickly resolved glitches that came up. I definitely recommend using them.

Aimloan.com is bad choice for your next mortgage

I shopped around for mortgage rates and did comparisons from dozens of mortgage lendersand Aimloan.com came in the lowest.....too good to be true compared to most rates.  My credit score came in 800+ and have very low debt to income levels with 8 figure net-worth.  Everything seemed to be going smoothly and in good communication with my case manager until it came to appraisal time.  Aimloan.com shops out national appraisel agencies since they are a national lender. My wife and I live on a private lake in which home prices are much higher then the surrounding town in which we live.  Aimloan.com's case manager notified me that they couldn't do the loan because of the lack of houses sold on the lake so they couldn't come up with an appraisal.....all this after all necessary documentation was submitted to Aimloan.com.  The fact is 2 homes had been recently sold on the lake, but much different quality and size then my home, but would still give a good ballpark of what houses would be going for of their caliber.  Somthing extremely shady with this lender....besides the case manager being extremely rude.  Aimloan.com didn't even try to make amends to work something out or to call different appraisal company.  The answer was "no".  I would encourage you to stay away from Aimloan.com.....false promises, and lack of dedicated employees.

Great service, fast, and best rate!

from San Mateo, CA

Comments about Aimloan.com:

Had a great experience last year with AIM and would highly recommend them. They were efficient, courteous, and wanted to work with me. They were not pushy and know what they are doing. Dawn was my point person and she was great and responsive. Am going to use them again for my next purchase. They rock!

Refinance of rental property

Comments about Aimloan.com:

Started the refi process 12 January 2015, closing today at 8pm, January 26 2015, 14 days, new personal record! The notary called me at 6pm and the closer will be here at 8pm.
I have never experienced an easier closing. Communication was kept up via email. I think I spoke to Matthew Z. twice. 2nd closing in 11/2 month. Absolutely great!

Customer Service
Friendly, timely and professional.

• Types/Options:

Makes refinaicing a pleasure with low rates and good service

Comments about Aimloan.com:

I have refinanced 3 times with AimLoan. After the first time, I stopped bothering to shop around. Here’s why:
1. Their rates are always the lowest and the quality of services is excellent
2. The first time I refinanced, I created a detailed spreadsheet of all the costs involved in order to do an apples-to-apples comparison of vendors. Except for AimLoan, trying to get someone to give you basic info like government recording charges, title insurance, etc. was like pulling teeth. AimLoan spent the time to explain each of those pieces and the entire process and I have benefitted from that ever since. I have since become the go to guy for refinancing related info/advise for my friends and family . I point them all to AimLoan
3. With AimLoan, what you see in the initial GFE is what you get. No surprises and hidden charges. All the numbers in HUD documents at the time of close are almost the same as those in the original GFE (minor changes in flood insurance, government recording charge but those are around $10)
4. The entire process takes place online and is very smooth. They send you a list of documents and you upload them. It is very stress-free. Any questions to customer services are answered very promptly

It is not very often you find a company that delivers what it promises and leaves its customer TRULY satisfied. AimLoan is one of them. Highly recommended.

Up-front and very helpful

Comments about Aimloan.com:

AimLoan.com: I have refinanced our home mortgage two times with AimLoan.com, once in 2009 and just recently, January, 2013. The reason I went back to them for the recent refi is because I felt they were fair, up-front with their costs, which were reasonable, and they gave me guidance when I needed it. Also, they offered me the best interest rate and payment schedule. If I had to do this again, which is unlikely, I would definitely use AimLoan.com.

Awesome from refinancing

Comments about Aimloan.com:

The company closed our loan within 21 days. There were some curves along the way but if you are familiar with refinancing it is something you can't avoid. The good thing about the company is the GFE that they provide at the beginning of the application is fixed, no changes in pricing until the lock expires. Would not recommend for a new home purchaser.

Customer Service
It is better to send emails to the loan rate consultants and the loan processor as they response within 20 mins of receiving the emails. If possible, avoid calling them other than to discuss about the rates.

• Types/Options:

Best price/rate combo you will find - anywhere.

Comments about Aimloan.com:

I would highly recommend Aimloan.com but with some conditions. If you are new to the mortgage process, this is not for you. The service is slow and their is no hand holding. But I've been through several home purchases and refi's so i know the drill. I just wanted the best price/rate combo and they were clearly the best.

You need to stay on top of them and quickly respond to their doc requests. Some have complained about appraisals, but mine came in well above what i expected, so it just depends on who you get to do it. Luck of the draw, same as any lender.

We closed this morning on our refi and it all went as expected. No surprises.

But they are slow to complete the underwriting and loan doc process. They seem to wait until the last minute on tings which is annoying. But in the end, I am VERY glad I chose them. We will save a huge amount of money on our refi.

• Types/Options:

You will not find a better value on a mortgage anywhere.

Comments about Aimloan.com:

We chose AimLoan on Bankrate.com because their rates and fees were far better than anyone else. My realtor was a bit leery of using an out-of-state lender, but he quickly became converted (as did we). They were lightning quick and knew exactly how to answer our dozens of questions. Our loan processor gave us her direct line, and always answered our calls. It was great getting an immediate answer. We couldn't have asked for a smoother closing or a better deal. 5/1 ARM at 1.875% with very low fees. Incredible!

• Types/Options:

Lows rates, great service, I have used them 3 times.

Comments about Aimloan.com:

I have used them 3 times to refinance and have recommended them to others for 4+ refinances and all had great experience. I would use them again.

Customer Service
Very professional, in constant contact by phone or email. I always knew where I was in the process. My last 2 refinances closed in less that 30 days.

Types/Options
Low rates.

Great online lender

Comments about Aimloan.com:

I've had over 20 mortgages in the last 10 years with several lenders both online and through local brokers. I just recently refinanced 4 mortgages with AIM and was very satisfied with the service I received. There rates and fees are great and the online process was quick and easy (about 1 hour of scanning and uploading documents) Not everything went perfect, but it seldom does and in the end AIM made good on everything they had promised. They may not be the best choice for someone who has not had a mortgage before or is not familiar with the process. You'll need to be patient,but the great prices are worth it.

• Types/Options:

Excellent rates and customer service.

Comments about Aimloan.com:

I just completed a refi with AimLoan.com and yes, I was skeptical doing such a large financial transaction with an online provider and kept waiting for something to go wrong but it took thirty days from the first time I contacted them for rate information to the closing and it was the BEST experience I have ever had with a financial institution. I have walked out on a home loan closing with another local business because they increased the 'locked in' rate when it got to closing. AimLoan.com offered the lowest rate (and I checked with many lenders, including my own bank) they assigned me a dedicated loan processor to work with and she answered emails promptly even at times I didn't expect a reply until the next day. I do 95% of all transactions online, so their ability to be able to work with my desired method of communication was just another bonus for me. AimLoan.com was able to lower my current interest rate, reduce the term of my loan and reduce my monthly payment even when my home value was below the loan amount. I am very satisfied with the service provided by AimLoan.com and would encourage you to at least give them a call. It is so nice to know that there are still companies out there that provide the service they say they do.