3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Afrin PureSea Helps Me Breathe Better

I really hate my allergies especially during the spring and summer seasons when it really starts to flare up. Usually I can get it under control but this past year has been horrendous. I've had uncontrollable sneezing fits that became more than annoying. Surprisingly, I've taken less allergy medicine this year and I'm not sure if it's because of that that these occurrences have taken place. However, my wife received a free product *(from BzzAgent, of course)* to try out and it was something that definitely made me want to try anything to alleviate my horrific sneezing escapades.

**Afrin PureSea** is a non-medicated, hydrating nasal rinse. It has been clinically proven to gently and effectively cleanse your nasal passages. She received the **Medium Stream** version as part of her campaign and told me to use it. The product is 100% natural-source purified sea water.

Why sea water? Apparently sea water contains salt, or sodium chloride, to help wash away any dust particles that are irritating in your nasal and sinus passages. But too much salt from sea water can cause a lot of discomfort; therefore, **Afrin PureSea** goes through the isotonic process, meaning that the concentrated salt from the sea water is reduced to match the normal levels of salt in your body.

And if you're wondering if just any type of sea water is used, rest assure that only the sea water from the Bay of Saint-Malo in France is gathered up for this product. Some of the most powerful tides in the world come from this place helping renew the compensation of sea water and regenerating its mineral content.

This is all sterilized and packaged in a 4 fl oz. (118 mL) bottle. A nozzle is attached to the bottle to allow the water to spray into your nasal passages. It's very easy to use as well and should be done over a sink. Tilt your head all the way to the side so the sea water flows through the upper nostril and coming out from the lower one. This will allow the stream to flush out any excess mucus and pollutants that get trapped inside your nasal passage. Repeat this process on the other side.

I was a bit skeptical at first thinking that this was so elementary in nature but I wasn't laughing after it was done. I could completely tell that it made a huge difference after I applied it to myself. The medium stream means that the water flows faster so expect to be caught off guard at first. Apply it up to four times a day *(or as often as required for your desired results)*. It almost feels like swimming in the ocean and smelling the salt in the water.

**Afrin PureSea Medium Stream** definitely helped make a difference in my allergies. I use it only in dire emergencies or if I have a hard time breathing through my nose. Some people may be sensitive to the concentrated salt form the sea water so it's best to experiment to see if this product is right for you. Nobody wants to have a lingering burning sensation when trying this out. But for the most part, I haven't experienced any problems with it other than the fact that it runs out very quickly if used constantly. Maybe this is an excuse to go to France so I can stock up on French sea water.

Afrin PureSea Nasel Rinse - Not worth the money

My husband and I were excited to see this Afrin PureSea Nasel Rinse. We use a neti pot and thought this would be great. There is no mixing required. It is a self contained bottle with the sterile sea water in it. It was easy to assemble, just put the dispenser on the top of the bottle. You turn the bottle upside down and put the sprayer part in your nostril and push down on the sprayer. It was kind of hard to push the sprayer. We were disappointed. We couldn't get it to work right. It seemed that the water went in one nostril and came out the same one. I also seemed to get a lot of it flowing into my mouth, gross, isn't it? I didn't feel that it rinsed out my nostrils very well. We were not that impressed. We feel that our neti pot works better. I think that the cost over time will be less if you use a neti pot and buy the packets to mix it. It might take a minute to mix but it is worth it to have a product that works. I wouldn't waste my money on this one.

Like a neti only in a bottle but expensive & doesn't work well

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

What the Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse is a nasal rinse made of 100% purified seas water. That is meant to completely clear out and rinse your nasal passages.

Honestly the Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse had the same idea just like a Neti Pot but in a bottle to me. It uses the same ingredients, just purified water with sea salt in it. You basically use it the same as you would a Neti Pot but you don't need to use as much. The way you use the Afrin nasal rinse is by inserting the tip upside down into your nose, and spray it up there a couple times. I would do it over a sink because it can be quite messy. I found that it does rinse out your nasal passages but not as good as a Neti. It gave me nasal drip all down my throat, and I had to blow my nose to get the mucus to come out. It also comes in a 4 oz bottle which is tiny for what you are spending on this. I feel like you would have to use the whole bottle to get sufficient results. A neti you can use as many times as you like, and daily but this would be too expensive and doesn't even come with enough product to use it for that long

I would rather use a neti pot, or another nasal rinse, because this basically was just a small bottle of salt and water. You could have made something like this yourself

Congestion Relief
The Afrin completely cleared out and soothed my sinuses, and the saline solution got rid of/rinsed it all the stuck excess mucus.

Chest Congestion Relief
The rinse did clear out my nasal congestion, and made it easier to cough up again chest congestion as well. I would say that it made my chest feel not as tight, because there wasn't as much mucus stuck inside of it.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It only relieves pain due to sinus pressure and headaches. It is not meant to help with body aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
It doesn't necessarily help with cough suppression, but I found that it cleared up my sinuses, so I wasn't having mucus dripping down into my throat and irritating it further. I wasn't having to try and cough it up, so I wasn't coughing much at all.

• Cough Suppression:

does not work as well as similar brands

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

I really like Afrin products and this was a more natural version of most of what they make, so I figured i'd give it a try. I was disappointed. It is not that effective, and does not last very long. YOu are much better off using a neti pot, or one of those brands. Even a regular saline solution will work better, and cost less, than this.

Afrin Pure Sea: Natural Means to Congestion Relief

from Houston, TX

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

Sinus sprays are great for relieving a tough case of congestion, but many consumers are rightfully worried about the chemical contents of such products and the possibility of addiction. There are some alternatives and one is **Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse.**

**Medicine Commentary:**

** **

Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse is a drug free product that is composed of nothing more than water and salt. This product is, like its name suggests, just a rinse that is intended to break up congestion by combining with water and salt.

Sinus sprays are generally effective, but I admit that the drug content does concern me and this is why I tend to use them only sparingly. Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse, on the other hand, is drug free and can therefore be used as much as you like. It sends its saltwater mixture up one nostril and then the other, helping to break down congestion in the nasal cavities. And because it is only water and salt, there is no burning sensation like you often experience with medicinal sinus sprays.

Drug free is nice, but is Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse an effective product? Well, the answer is yes and no. It does make a small difference and it does make it easier to blow your nose, thereby releasing more congestion than usual. But I don’t find it as useful as other non- drug options, especially those that include heat and steam.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse is an acceptable although overpriced product for flushing out congestion, but it isn’t a great product and there are other non- drug options that are more effective. All natural is nice, but unless your condition is mild, you are not likely to sense much relief from using this product.

Congestion Relief
It can help loosen congestion

• Cough Suppression:

Afrin PureSea Nasal Rinse so easy to use!

from DAVIE, FL

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

I had the opportunity to try out the Afrin PureSea Nasal Rinse a year ago, I received a free sample from BzzAgents. My daughter and I both suffer from bad nasal allergies which don't improve nor get alleviated even we use allergy medicine. We both tried this out specifically on a day that we were both so congested that we couldn't have a conversation without running out of breath constantly. She tried it out first and was impressed as to how easy it was to use but better yet how impressive the results were. So I followed her steps and did the same. I was a little skeptical with using it at first, putting liquids up my nose isn't a pleasant idea, but I did. What a relief it was after I flushed my nasal pasages, I could breathe! I love this product and have recommended it to many friends.

• Cough Suppression:

A Natural Way to Clear your sinuses!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

Afrin's PureSea Nasal Rinse is an unusual find. As someone who normally resorts to using a NetiPot to relieve sinus pressure, pain and congestion, I was thrilled to find that Afrin had come up with a way to address such issues without having a strong (or addictive) medication aspect to it. Having it be a pure water type of rinse, this is much safer to use than the general Afrin products, and I think that creating this line of items is a great way for Apfrin to appeal to people like me who try to avoid certain medications, especially when congestion is so constant that we want to avoid over-use.

My only complaint about this product is that the way that you use it is very odd. The dispenser is kind of cool,. but the angle you need to take to use it and have your nose absorb and then push out the liquid and the yuckkies that are inside your nose/nasal passages is a strange one. I will continue to use the product with hopes that I become more familiar with the easiest way to get it to work. And I definitely suggest anyone looking for a more natural way of finding relief use this, as well, or at least give it a shot!

Did all that really come out of my head

from Houston, TX

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

So, when I got the sample of this product in the mail, I just put it away in the cabinet, like "There is no way I'm squirting a jug of sea water up one nostril and let it run out the other..." Sounds awkward and uncomfortable. So that was my position on the whole thing, until I wound up with a horrible summer cold about 6 weeks ago and hadn't slept or hardly breathed for 2 days. At the end of my rope and an hour before work, I decided to give it a try.

I expected it to be really bad, but it was actually quite comfortable and very very very effective. The part that goes in your nose, you can barely feel it, and the solution doesn't burn or anything like you would think. You squirt some of the liquid up one nostil, standing / leaning sideways over the sink, and allow the liquid to wash back out the other nostril and then drain out. It takes out all the germs and yuckies. I thought this would be microscopic stuff. It wasn't. I rinsed out such a volume of mucus and horrible looking grossness that I actually disgusted myself that that had been inside my head for days. After, I could breathe and had a great productive day at work, and a great nights sleep. Great product.

Gross - yes. But it works.

from LaGrange, GA

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

The whole concept sounds a little gross. You're expected to turn your head to the side and squirt sea water in one nostril so, along with all the gunk in your sinus cavity, it comes out the other nostril. Yep. That's about it. Gross.

But what if I told you that you'd feel like a different person afterwards? It's the truth. You do. Or, at least, I do.

I was able to try a sample of **Afrin Pure Sea Nasal Rinse** through a BzzAgent campaign and before trial was over, my husband and I were both using it daily.

Unfortunately we both suffer from seasonal allergies, as do most people in Georgia. So when you either can't breath or have a continuously running nose, you'll try about anything to get some relief. So we kept the nasal rinse in the shower stall and during our morning showers we would use the nasal rinse. I honestly felt 100% better after having cleaned out my sinuses.

The saline solution is really gentle and I like the fact that it's not just another medicine I'm taking. This is an all natural remedy.

This might take some getting used to, but if you suffer from allergies like I do, I would highly recommend **Afrin Pure Sea Nasal Rinse.** It does the job right.

Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse, helps clean out the sinus

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse, I would describe like a neti pot. (Which the first time I ever heard of one was when Dr. Oz talked about it.) Cleans out the sinuses from everyday dirt, etc. Make sure you read the directions on the correct way to use it. Makes your sinuses feel nice and clear. And 100% purified sea water is very good at cleaning things out. I would recommend this Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse to anyone. A good cleaning is all it takes sometimes, this product fits the bill. We clean everything else on our bodies, why not our sinuses? I hope you try it, and are as happy with Afrin Pure Sea Hydrating Nasal Rinse, which by the way comes in two strenghts. If you can let me know if you liked the product like I do.

If you hate sinus infections, you will LOVE Afrin Pure Sea!!

from Vernon, NJ

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

I had horrible sinus infections earlier this year - they were painful, caused headaches, and just generally made me miserable.  What's worse is that they caused me to sleep with my mouth open, and then I wound up with a hoarse voice and scratchy, dry throat as well.

My doctor recommended that I try a nasal rinse, which sounded like a weird idea.  He mentioned Afrin Pure Sea by name.

Well, the sinus infections persisted.  Finally, out of desperation, I followed my doctor's recommendation (which I still thought sounded WEIRD) to try the Afrin Pure Sea.  It took a little getting used to at first .. it felt strange to use it. But once I got used to it, I found that it WORKED!

I haven't had sinus infections since then ... and it has been a few months. Even better, it helps to keep my allergy symptoms at bay, too!!   I even find it to be refreshing to do a nasal rinse now .. it makes my head feel "clearer" and makes it easier to breathe.  I highly recommend it!

i swear by this stuff!!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Afrin PureSea Medium Stream Hydrating Nasal Rinse:

i first tried this as a bzzagent, and i am really glad i did, because i do not think i would have considered spending this kind of money on a nasal spray.

little did i know before i moved here, but oregon has the highest allergen count in the country.  my first few years here, i would get so sick, and it was really nothing more than allergies.  i had tried saline sprays, to no effect.  they actually felt like they burnt my nose.  after using puresea for a week, i was a convert.  allergies were not an issue, and breathing was just easier.  i recommended it to my daughter, as my grandson has asthma and allergies, and i was delighted to see they had an extra gentle spray for children.

i have now been using this stuff for a year, and i have not gotten sick once.  i used it through chemotherapy, when my immune system was horribly suppressed, and the doctors were amazed that i didn't get sick.  i tell everybody to use this stuff, and i can feel good about that, since there are no chemicals, drugs or crap in it.

you can really tell that it is seawater, not just saline, because it tastes like seawater.  there minerals contained in seawater are also beneficial.  it does not burn, and is not irritating at all.

saltwater irrigation is proven effective in preventing bacterial and viral infections.  in this day and age of overuse of antihistimines and antibiotics, i am glad to have such a product that does not suppress my own immunities, and still helps prevent me from getting ill.

the only negative about this product is the level of packaging.  because it is mixed media, it is not recyclable.