Other Coffee Makers:
80R08
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Rca_2013_overall_value

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Durable (7)
  • Brews quickly (6)
  • Easy to clean (5)
  • Large pot (5)

Cons

• Loud (4)
  • Complicated controls (3)

• Everyday (12)
  • Home (6)
  • Office (4)
  • Short trips / weekends (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (12)
    • I received a sample (8), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

I couldn't live without it!

I first discovered this brilliant little gadget(or something like it) from watching TWiT, a technology podcast hosted by Leo Laporte. He had it on air one day and he was saying how much he liked it. It wasn't expensive and that was why I tried it. Do not let the low price fool you! It works and it works well. This little device allows you to customize coffee the way you want it because it only makes one cup at a time. No mess, no fuss and the perfect cup every time is exactly what it was designed to give you and it does just that. I only wish I had found out about it sooner because it totally changed the way I enjoy coffee and the occasional cup of espresso. If I had to give a negative point it would be that it does require filters but I do not mind at all. Overall a great little gadget!

Exceptional!

Easiest you'll find!

Just push!

Again, exceptional!

not for a family

I had an **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 and it worked great. It was easy to use. the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 made great tasting coffee and expresso and it was easy to clean. the problem was It is my sister and I. the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 only makes one cup at a time. when It is my sister and I and we were in a hurry, It just did not work. in conclusion, for the single person or occasional coffee drinker**** the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08would be great. It makes coffee fast and it taste great. it is easy to store and clean. bu if you drink a lot of coffee or having friends over, the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 is not the potfor you.******

it's very important in my home

from Cairo, Egypt

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Fast

Cons

• Complicated

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

This coffee maker is made of premium quality plastic, which makes it sturdy and durable. It sports a gray finish that highlights its design and gives it a refined look. This coffee maker is shatterproof and resistant to warping and odor, which helps extend its durability. The AeroPress Coffee/Espresso Maker by Aerobie has a plastic basket filter, which is removable making cleaning an effortless task. It has a water window, which allows you to keep an eye on the contents of the coffee maker. The coffee maker features a froth option and has a high altitude. The top shelf is dishwasher-safe making it hassle-free in its cleaning. This coffee maker is microwave safe allowing you to use it as per your requirement. It brews quietly for smooth operation.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Nice but a little slow.

from Rome,GA

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• slow to prepare

• Home
  • Office

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I purchased the Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker as a gift to myself. While we are a household full of coffee drinkers I am the only one that enjoys an Espresso in the mornings. This little gadget lets me have that morning drink without a lot of high dollar had to place equipment. I had my doubts at first site thinking the device looked fragile and weak, as it turns out this is one tough little unit. I have been using and possibly abusing mine now for over 7 months with no ill effects or loss of usability. The Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker, is simple to use and clean. I have already suggested it to several of my friends and will with out any doubt purchase another of the same if the need arises. In the last 7 months I have become very pleased with this little unit, it has become my morning partner.

Best One Ever

from Giza

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Cup Sizes

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

Overall good, but frankly it's plastic, it warps over time, the gasket breaks down, and you must have even hand pressure OR ELSE: prepare for a shower of squirting hot water and grinds.

Brew Performance
It's OKAY. If you are looking for an espresso alternative, this isn't it. If you are looking for travel coffee maker, this works fine. Over time, the plastic will TASTE in your coffee, and the plunger will become 'sloppy', causing it harder to use, with spilling coffee, grinds and all. Don't expect to put it in your dishwasher either, without a problem.

Here's the deal: it is easy to pump the grinds into the garbage, yes. It's easy to rid yourself of the coffee filters (yes, this factor works well), BUT over time, the rubber gasket will be covered in the oils of the coffee, and the flavor will be off. It also is very particular as a plastic item. They say 'dishwasher safe', realize it's not really all that safe, because the plastic will begin to warp, and the gasket will begin to break down.

Yes, you simply add the coffee into the tube, then add boiling water and plunge. It is much simpler to explain, than do. NOTE: if you grind coffee yourself, too fine (espresso grind) will cause the plunger to NOT plunge!! If the grind is off even just a bit, or if you are exhausted when you're attempting to use this item, it is VERY easy to get squirted with BOILING water, grinds and coffee. Burns happen. I don't think it is worth the possibility of pain, esp. if you don't have dead on balance. Also, the flavor starts off "amazing" after about 6 months, it tastes barely "okay" because of the oils stay in the plastic, the gasket that does not really clean well, and it certainly isn't as good as a french press, which is more stable to work with, no flavor problems and doesn't shoot you with boiling coffee, grinds and water.

Being plastic, it warps over time, it's finicky to clean well, and the gasket stops working over time. The plastic over time begins to flavor the coffee, and it never tastes as good as when it was used the first week.

pass this one; plastic isn't durable as a coffee maker for anything more than travel machine.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good item, but it does NOT make Espresso.

from Eugene, OR

Best of 2014

from Santa Monica CA

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I have yet to find such an amazing coffee maker in my life. This is single serving, fast brewing, and very user friendly. It takes about 6 minutes to brew a full cup, stays hot, and has a cap feature so you can use the cup on the go! My husband uses this coffee maker every morning with great success, I would recommend this to anyone looking for fast and good coffee.

Brew Performance
Probably the fastest brewing coffee maker I have ever had, it also brews fantastic tasting coffee regardless of the brand I have noticed. I usually stick to the same, but I tried my husbands and liked it even more because of this!

If you have large hands I can see where there will be a problem, as it is a single serving coffee machine, you need smaller hands to clean the machine properly, but it can be done.

Press the button and you're done! Seriously, you just add your mix and the filter and you're good to go! Very fast as well.

I'm a fan of the design, it brews hot, fast, coffee on the fly.

Me and my husband both have used this coffee machine almost daily for about a year, we have not noticed any difference in the coffee! I really recommend this coffee machine.

Very nice!

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I admit that I favor exlectric coffee pots and have not quite mastered using a coffee press as of yet. I bought another brand and couldn't make a good cup of coffee. Then a friend got me this for Christmas one year. With this I was able to make a decent shot of espresso. The main thing I love about this, and something I have a problem with concerning my espresso machine, is the cleanup is simple. It doesn't do as quite a good job as my machine, but it serves a quick purpose. I use this mainly to prepare coffee for other drinks.

The most important thing I've found with this is you need excellent coffee beans, and it's best to grind them right before using.

Brew Performance
Brews really well for my needs. Unlike my espresso machine I don't have to judge the proper time to stop the pulling.

It's a durable and very well built press. One of the best I've seen so far in it's price range.

It's very easy to clean. I clean it with simple dish washing detergent and water.

If you're not familiar with a coffee press or espresso, you may want to buy a small book of some kind to help you along. If you are experienced with it then you'll have no issues.

The container is plastic, durable, and BPA free. So far it's lasted me a long time with no breaks or cracks.

• Brew Performance:

Feels like a science experiment!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I have to admit, I probably had more fun making the coffee with this coffeemaker than I did actually drinking the coffee that came out of it. I was excited to play around with it because it reminded me of something you might find in a chemistry lab, and it did not disappoint when I got to work. The coffee also turns out really good with this!

Brew Performance
I thought that the coffee tasted delicious. It brewed up great and exactly the way I like it.

This was pretty easy to clean. It didn't take a lot of time or effort.

It looks a little intimidating and weird, so I think some people might be a bit thrown by it at first. However, I found it to be very easy to use and also a lot of fun to play around with.

I love the design of this. It's just sci-fi enough to tickle my fancy, but it looks sleek and attractive in the kitchen.

As far as I know, this coffeemaker has held up just fine with regular, daily use.

• Brew Performance:

Quick and easy coffee maker.

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I would be hard-pressed to go back to regular drip coffee drinking after using this Aeropress coffee maker. It is so fast, easy and convenient to use but most importantly, the unadulterated taste to my coffee is unbeatable. I have zero acidity or bitterness in my cups of coffee when using this machine, it gives me the perfect cup every single time. I like that I have the option of making one to four cups at a time as well. So when I am not sharing the coffee, I do not have to make and waste a whole pot, I can make my own cozy little cup of coffee to enjoy any time that I want, and just the way that I like it. It is so easy to adjust the water levels, as well as the grind of your coffee to make a weaker or a stronger cup depending on your preferences. The filters that it comes with are the only additional expense as far as having to replace them, but I do not find that at all costly when considering the amount of coffee I used to throw away not drank on account of too much made, or the coffee just tasting too bitter. It is a must have machine for any avid coffee drinker.

the best coffee maker of all time from Aerobie AeroPress

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

the best coffee maker of all time from
Aerobie AeroPress ,I love my Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker, it makes great coffee and espresso for one. The coffee and espresso taste great and the press is really easy to use...

Brew Performance
You just put the filter in, place your coffee or espresso grinds in, fill with hot water and place over a mug.

Then you let it sit for a moment to brew, and then push the plunger down the tube and voila! Amazing coffee in no time flat!

Clean up is also a snap. You just drop the grounds and filter into your trashcan, and then rinse the tube. The tube also fits nicely into the dishwasher, should you choose to not hand wash it.

The only downside is that it may take you a few uses to determine the amount of grinds you should use. I would err on the lighter side, the first time I used my Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker, I made a MUCH stronger cup of joe than I had intended to.

However, after perfecting my grinds usage, it's been great. I would recommend this coffee press to anyone!

• Brew Performance:

Most fresh tasting coffee at home

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

The Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is a very unique coffee maker, unlike anything else I have ever had before. I love coffee so I love trying out new ways to make it. This Aerobie Coffee Maker uses hot water and air pressure to brew the perfect cup of coffee or espresso. Because of this the coffee is less acidic and has no bitter tastes to it. It is similar to a French press but not quite because the filter is a micro-filter and doesn't allow any of the coffee grounds to press through (thus no bitter taste). It's also much easier to clean then a French press because all you have to do is rinse out the Aeropress. It's also much better then a French press because you can make espresso and lattes in it as well.

I find that this coffee maker is much easier to use then all of the other coffee makers I've tried, and makes the best cup of coffee I have had at home. It's great because you can completely control the temperature of your coffee, how much grounds you want to use, the brewing time, and how strong or weak you want your coffee. The coffee out of the Aerobie is smooth and so fresh tasting, like nothing else I've ever had before.

It was inexpensive and well worth the money spent. I would definitely recommend it.

Brew Performance
You can completely control exactly how strong you want your coffee, and the temperature you want it at. The brew was smooth, and had absolutely no bitter taste to it at all. It was the perfect brew of coffee I have ever had.

This is easier to clean then any other coffee maker. All you have to do is dump the grounds into the garbage can and rinse it out. That's it!

It's just as easy to use as a French press, only better. You have to put the micro filter in, and place your coffee grounds into the chamber, and then pour hot water into the chamber. You have to have a mug underneath the coffee maker, and then insert the plunger into the press, and press gently down and maintain the pressure. It may take a few tries to get used to it, but it's really easy.

It's such a simple design, but it's very modern and unique. It's easy to store in my drawers or cabinet. It's obviously not something I would keep out on the counter though because it's plastic.

It's just a thick plastic so it isn't going to break if you drop it. I would say it would last for quite awhile, probably not something that would last a lifetime though.