Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer

Pros

Cons

Advil Takes Care Of The Pain So You Feel Better

I received a coupon to try this bottle of Advil for FREE. Of course, I had to use the coupon and give this a try to see how well it works on my backache and headaches. This is in a tablet form that I chose to purchase, but it comes in liquid gel caps and other varietys for whichever you prefer. There are 24 tablets in this box. Advil has been on the market for some time now and is known to be a fever reducer and a pain reliever. It has been known to give you temporaily relieve of minor aches and pains associated with headache, backache, common cold, toothache, minor pain associated with arthritis, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, and to temporarly reduce fever.This is 200 mg tablets and is an Ibuprofen  pill. To take this medicine you should take one tablet and if you need another later, then take the second one.

This is a **NSAID.**

**Allergy Allert: Ibuprofen can cause a severe allergic reaction,especially to people allergic to     asprin.Symptoms may include facial swelling and hives, asthma, (wheezing) skin reddening, blisters, shock or rash.If an allergic reaction occurs seek medical attention right away.**

This procuct contains a NSAID which may cause severe stomach bleeding.

**Don't use if right before or after heart surgery or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer.**

**If you have high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, liver cirrhosis,asthma or are taking a diuretic, check with your Doctor before taking this medicine. **

Advil is among the least-effective pain meds out there today.

As a sufferer of chronic headaches and migraines, I'm constantly looking for something to get rid of my pain quickly and effectively. I bought Advil one day in the hopes that the commercials would ring true. I had no such luck. Not only did my headache persist, the medicine actually upset my stomach as well -- so I ended up feeling worse, instead of better. I tried taking a higher dose at the suggestion of my doctor, but it did no good. My headaches did not abate, even a little. Not even the maximum dosage of 800mg helped my pain.I would not recommend Advil to anyone suffering from a headache. I can't speak for someone taking it for any other pain, but for headaches, it is no good at all. Don't waste your money on this product, least of all the coated tablets -- you're only in for frustration and more pain. If you must buy Advil, I would recommend the "liquigels" since they can *sometimes *work if the pain is not too severe. The regular caplets are pretty much useless. A placebo would probably be more effective than Advil's so-called "advanced medicine".

Works good!

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I have used Advil for a long time. I do not take them often, but I do when I have a headache or something minor like that. They always seem to make my headaches go away. They do not work as fast as some other things I have taken for a headache, but they do work really well when they kick in. I usually keep a travel size bottle of these in my purse so I have them just in case I need them when I am on the go. I love that they are affordable also. I have found these for very decent prices in my local drug store. My dad prefers Advil to any other pain reliever. He has a very physically demanding job and takes these pretty often. He says they take aches away even after some of the hardest days he has at work. I would recommend these to people for headaches, as that is primarily what I have used them for. So I cannot vouch for whether or not if they work for other aches.

Advil works for my headaches, but sometimes it does not seem to last long enough.

These pills are a decent size so they are easy to swallow.

Immediacy
I feel like Advil works pretty quick.

Advil tablets

Profile Image

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I really like Advil, it helps with pain and fevers and it works pretty quickly. I love that the pills are coated and are so easy to swallow. I can almost swallow them without any liquids they are so smooth. I generally take two when I need them for pain management, one is just not enough for me. They seem to work pretty fast for headaches and the pain stays away for about four hours. Advil is a bit pricey but works better than some over the counter medicines so still buy it occasionally.

They work well at getting rid of pain and fevers. The pain for me only stays away for about four hours, wish they lasted longer so I did not have to take them throughout the day.

The tablets are coated making them very smooth and very easy to swallow. I need very little liquid to get these pills down.

Immediacy
They start working within a half hour or so after taking. It really depends on the pain level for me.

• Immediacy:

Most favorite all the time pain relief!

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I cannot say enough good things about Advil. The tablets are small and coated, which makes them incredibly easy to swallow. Even my four year old can take them with no problem. Best of all the pills taste delicious if they melt at all. The pain relief is much better than any of the longer lasting anti-inflammatory pills, although I do have to take them more often. I typically take 4 pills every 6-8 hours for outstanding pain relief. I work as a nurse 12-16 hour days, and Advil can get me through anything, especially the joint pain that we all suffer from, caused by being on our feet! It can fix headache, period cramps, cramps after delivering a baby, pain from my rotator cuff tear, and any other inflammatory issue you could imagine. My only complaint is that sometimes I do get an upset stomach when I take too much, especially if I am too busy to eat when I take it but that's a small price to pay for all the relief!

Great pain reliever

from Slidell, LA

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I like Advil because I can take 2 tablets and it will relieve my pain or ache. It seems to take only about 15-20 minutes for the pain to be relieved. I really like this product and it is so easy on my stomach since I have ulcers. I don't have to take this product too often. This is a very good product. I have taken other pain relievers and this one seems to work the best and the fastest without upsetting my stomach. I can take this on an empty stomach and it doesn't affect my stomach nor does it make my stomach upset, that is why I like it so much.

Advil seems to work quite quickly, anywhere between 15-20 minutes, nd it lasts for about 6 to 8 hours. I am real sensitive to medications, so when I take two Advil for my aches or pain, it last for quite a while and does not upset my stomach. This is an awesome product and I really like it.

I like these Advil tablets because they are easy to swallow because they are coated. I do not have any problems taking these tablets, very easy to swallow.

Immediacy
I like Advil because it does not take very long to work. It takes about 15-20 minutes for it to start working. To me, that is pretty fast.

Know what to use it for

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I like advil, but only for the uses it is intended for. I used to think this should help my migraines (not caused from tension/muscle aches) and would take a lot but nothing would happen. But, this stuff works great for muscle pain and menstrual cramps. A doctor once told me you could take more of this than the box indicates, so when I take 800 mg I actually see results I never saw when taking 400. I would not say ibuprofen works super fast, but it will help to alleviate pain from sore muscles or menstrual cramps in a fairly timely manner. I do not think it works for fever reduction as the packaging claims, for that you really need acetaminophen. For use with headaches, you have to be careful because too much of this will cause rebound headaches, making you think it is helping but really not helping at all. So I think this is a great drug if you use it for what ibuprofen is actually intended.

My go-to pill

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I don't have migraines or anything but I do tend to get a fever every now and then. I took Tylenol for a while but I heard that it is not good to take too many of tylenol pills so I switched to Advil. I also heard that Advil pills are less dangerous when you take multiple. I think Advil also works a bit faster. So when I start getting a slight fever and chills I usually just take one of these and within an hour I feel better. It's very easy to take (if you have a hard time swallowing pills I think they do have a liquid version) but I guess this is the case for any type of pain reliever. When I had shingles and had to cope with the pain, I also took Advil and I had to take it throughout the day for a week and I felt good that Advil is safe to take a lot because I could not go without pain relievers.

Very effective in reducing pain and also lowering your temperature when you have a fever.

• Immediacy:

Advil Is My Go To OTC Pain Reliever.

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I have used many over the counter pain medications and even prescription Ibuprofen. Some say that is the same Advil is the same as Ibuprofen or that ibuprofen works better than Advil, but that is not the case for me. I've had 2 surgeries in the 10 years. Of course I was given strong prescription pain medications immediately after surgery but, I also was given a huge bottle of ibuprofen to take home. I've also had the same prescribed after dental work. Each time Advil has worked extremely well for me. I really love the candy like coating that makes them so easy to swallow (even without the need for water or other fluids) and it doesn't leave that very unpleasant taste or chalky residue that is typical of other over the counter pain relievers . Most importantly, Advil tablets stop my headache, toothache, and muscle pain. And on the rare occasion that I develop a fever, it reduces it quickly. I KEEP a bottle of Advil on my nightstand.

• Immediacy:

Best anti inflammatory out there!

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Advil is my favorite non-prescription anti-inflammatory. Although Advil and Ibuprofen are supposed to be pretty much the same thing, there is something in ibuprofen that I am allergic to that is not in Advil. The first time I took ibuprofen, I took the recommended dose as advised by a medical professional. This landed me in the ER. I am lucky that Advil works well for me. It helps with headaches and everyday pain, but what I use it mostly for is to reduce swelling in my lips. I am a professional french horn player. Brass musicians get swelling in our lips all of the time. It typically happens from overplaying, which is sometimes unavoidable. It is difficult to produce a sound on our instruments if our lips are swollen. This is why many brass musicians, myself included, keep a bottle of Advil in our instrument cases.

The pills are very small and easy to swallow because of the red coating on them. I have no problem swallowing them.

Immediacy
I start to notice the Advil working extremely quickly.

Advil Pain Reliever

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

Whenever I have a headache or fever, my go-to medicine is Advil. It's effective and can be a life-saver for those days when your headache just seems like it won't go away.

The pills are very small and easy to swallow! And if you leave them in your mouth for too long before you can find water, they don't leave a nasty taste. They almost taste like sugar.

Immediacy
It takes a few minutes for the pain relief to set in, but you'll notice within a few minutes that you feel much better!

• Immediacy:

Fast acting whenever you need it.

Comments about Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer:

I will only count on Advil for fast acting and the cost of this product is reasonable compared to other brands. Whenever I am feeling aches or pains I ask for Advil because I know it works well for all of my needs. Weather it be something as simple as a headache or something a little more painful this is the one brand I can always count on to make me feel better. I have four children and I also buy the Advil children brand for them. Any mother knows that it is hard seeing her child in any kind of pain I like any other mother want to ease that pain fast with a trusted brand like Advil.

Fast acting

The candy coating makes for easy swallow.

Immediacy
My entire family love this brand and will buy know other. Always in stock which makes shopping easy.