3.9

Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses

3.9

Pros

Cons

Amazing contacts, but not for people with horrible vision.

The Acuvue Oasis contact lenses were AMAZING when I first put them in. My previous pair of contacts (don't know the brand) were rather uncomfortable and scratchy, as if there was always something in my eyes. It was an awesome feeling to put in the Acuvue and not even know they were there! I couldn't feel them in my eyes. On top of that, they were reasonably priced and the doctor had them in stock. Acuvue makes stock lenses - common prescriptions and sizes that can be made in bulk. This is why they are able to keep lower prices.

Which lead to my problem with Acuvue: I wear a -9 in one eye and -18 in the other. Acuvue Oasis is made up to -12, I think. My vision is so blurry out of the -18 eye anyways, I was willing to try -12 just to have a decently priced lens. Unfortunately, I was seeing double out of both eyes because of the contacts. According to the opthamologist, the part of the contact that is suppose to fit over the pupil is extra large in order to fit "average" eyes. It did not fit my eye, so I was actually seeing an extra reflection. I was seeing the edge of the contact, which caused me to see a blurry double image in each eye.

So yes, I recommend Acuvue Oasis. But if you have really bad vision, don't get your hopes up until you give the contacts a try. They may or may not work for you.

Oasis lenses are definately the worst lens I have ever had!!!

I am 28 and have been wearing contacts since I was 14.  I started with the Wal-Mart brand of Biomedics 55, before joining the military I switched to Proclear Compatables and used them throughout my military career, after getting out I switched to O2 Optix, then I switched to Biomedics 55 Premier for 2 years.  September 2009 I told my eye doctor that towards the end of the day, I put my contacts in at 5:45AM and take them out around 10:00PM, that my eyes were getting slightly dry and wanted to see if there was any other option that I had that would be more comfortable.  He suggested Acuvue Oasis lenses because Biomedics was "discontinuing" the 55 Premier but introducing a new line so I could try those as well.  I was a bit unsure about Acuvue because while I hadn't worn Acuvue for a long period I had tried them, multiple "models", and hated them.  So I tried them anyway and liked them, so I bought them, a 1 years supply.  3 weeks after my purchase I noticed that I felt them in my eyes as soon as I put them in and they were the most uncomfortable lens that I have ever put in my eye.  I change them every 2 weeks by the way.  I also use Alcon Replenish solution.  I hate these contacts and will switch back at me earliest conveinence.  I understand that people have different opinions and this is mine.  Also, my wife hated her trial pair but loves her Acuvue Advance lenses she had prior and is going to try them again.

A huge no-no for those who play high-speed sports!

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

The first day I had these, they seemed quite decent. No irritation at all, clear vision, and not dry. On the second day I had them, I wore them out on a cross-country course with my horse. My eyes got incredibly dry and as soon as I got home I removed the contacts. Even in the following days, they were still dry. Two weeks later the right one tore while I was VERY gently turning it so the weight was at the bottom. These are not good for people that have dry eyes and participate in high-speed sports and are extremely fragile.

The Worst Lenses I've Worn In More Than 30 Years

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

These contacts have been problematic since my optometrist talked me into switching from my other brand of lenses. The Acuvue Oasys lenses were seemingly okay and working for the first couple of weeks of wearing them, and then the problems began. They dry my eyes out horribly. My vision becomes blurry. My eyes are red and irritated most of the time, and my 17 year old son has had the same experience. He used Acuvue Advance lenses before switching and never had these problems. It is most definitely the lenses, though my eye care professional disagrees and actually argues with me (I'd love to know why she's so staunchly supportive). I am surely not getting my money's worth...#1 with these problems and #2 because I have to replace them with new lenses within about a week to a week and a half. I am in daily lenses now and will be going back to the lens that works...dumping this overpriced garbage.

Nice contacts

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

I wore Acuvue Oasys contact lenses for about 2 years. I used to wear permanent lenses that lasted about a year. My eye dr. switched me to these when they stopped making the permanent ones. I didn't have any problems with them, like other reviewers have mentioned. The problems I had were that several lenses in my package had tears when I opened them. I gently removed them too, so I know that I did not cause the tears. A few were scratched. Comfort-wise they were fine. I wore them from morning until bed and through a lot of reading and writing while in college. I never noticed any dryness or problems. I wore the 2 week lenses but my eye doctor said I could make them last up to 4 weeks, which I did. They were fine. They did get a little dry toward the 3rd week, but they are 2 week lenses so that isn't anything to complain about. They were comfortable and never gave me any problems at all. I have very bad eyes-I'm -7.50 and -8.50. They are a pretty good price, also. I also use one of the best contact solutions with my lenses so always make sure you are using a really good brand or you might experience more discomfort and dryness than other people wearing lenses.

Very comfortable and moist!

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

I absolutely love my contact lenses! This is the only brand that I buy. They are very comfortable and very moist. I cannot even feel when I am wearing them. Sometimes, I even forget when I have them on!! These are very good contacts and the price is just right!!

Great product, very hydrating and long lasting.

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

i highly recommend the product it's been useful for everyday wearing and i sometimes leave them in overnight with no problems or irritation. It's great for people with dry eyes and bad vision. No longer do you need to hassle with glasses or dry contacts that last only a week or so. These contacts last from 2-3 weeks with great hydration and are very comfortable to wear for every day use.

great!

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

These contacts work great for me. I have horrible vision and without contacts or glasses, I wouldn't be able to see anything. A lot of other contacts I would get wear would make my vision blurry after long periods of time (enough to give me headaches sometimes), but these make my vision clear and pain-free. I definitely recommend this brand of contact lenses.

Comfortable but not overly moisturizing

from Bakersfield, Ca

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

I have been wearing these contacts for over 16 years now and I do really like them. They are comfortable when worn all day, as I do and you really can not feel them in your eyes. As far as the Oasys part, I do not feel that they are any more moisturizing than other pairs I have tried. My eyes do get dried out at the end of the day wearing contacts and these are no different. I do not wear them overnight and can generally extend my usage beyond 2 weeks to 3-4 weeks if I take good care of them. I have tried other brands that are both moisturizing, and not, and these really do not seem any better at keeping my eyes lubricated than the others. With that said, they are still moisturizing, just not overtly so. Overall, despite the fact that they do not over deliver on moisture, they are great contacts with a nice feel and are easy to get in and out and clean up nicely. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for comfortable lenses.

Comfortable, but not worth the premium price

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

The last time I had an eye appointment, my doctor gave me a pair of Acuvue Oasys lenses to try. I'd been using Acuvue 2s for over a decade, and never had any issues so I figured these would feel fine too.

They were really comfortable, so when I went to buy a few packs of contact lenses from Contacts.com, I was surprised to see that these cost close to twice what I was paying for Acuvue 2. They do feel great, but unless you have severe dry eye issues, stick to Acuvue 2, they're only nominally less comfortable and still feel like you're wearing nothing at all.

Doesn't work for me

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

I wore these contacts for about 2 weeks until I couldn't bear to do it anymore. They're supposed to help against dryness, but they did ended up feeling dry and horrible on my eyes. They dried out so much at times that I had to give myself eyedrops to keep them going.
Not happy about this product at all..

Comfort that Lasts.

Comments about Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:

These contacts are eye-mazing. They not only allow me to see, but they are incredibly comfortable and lasting as well. The lenses each last two weeks, and remain comfortable for that amount of time. They are clear and easy to apply which acts as a great plus in my book.

I have been using these contacts for a little over a year now and I'm ready to purchase a second supply.