View more tablets

Acer Iconia Tab Tablet

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

My first tablet after much research

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

I wasn't ready to do the iPad due to the cost. After searching around based on reviews and prices, I thought this was a good choice. So far, I am very pleased and the tablet meets my needs.

Weight
I wish it was a little lighter, but it compares to other tablets in regards to weight. I tend to use it at home though. I take it out of the house when I need t for when I am at meetings by using the keyboard case I bought for it. That works great!

App Availability
I have tons of apps, and I have had been exploring with downloading some TV series. It's nice to be able to just click and download something to watch. I am not a huge movie or TV fan, so it's nice to be able to pick what I am interesting in and watch it when I feel like it. I think the screen clarity for movies/ TV could be better but is sufficient for me. The screen is otherwise fine for the other apps and games.

Sleek, shiny, attractive. A little heavy but not really a problem. The screen is pretty and has been resistant to scratches.

It seems fine, and I am comfortable sharing it with my ten year old. It seems study and well made. I have not had any issues with scratches, cracking, or other hardware issues. It still looks brand new to me.

Great Tablet!

from Johnstown, NY

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

I've had this tablet for awhile now and it has been great!
My children have also used the tablet and it has been very easy for them and held up wonderfully. While it is a bit heavier than a more portable Iphone, I haven't had any problems toting it along with me and I appreciate the larger screen and having my books and many features available at my fingertips.
The camera also works well and has taken several nice pictures for me. I appreciate the long-lived battery as I am often forgetful to charging it.
I have found it very useful for quick look-ups on the Internet when I don't want to make the big deal of turning my laptop/computer on. I can quickly check the weather or my email.

Acer Iconia Tablet

from Lake Dallas, TX

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

My husband bought me this tablet for my birthday to replace the Apple Ipad First generation. It is not a propriety program. It is compatible with other programs. For the price and the compatibility this tablet is the best way to go. There are many free programs or apps and is more flexible. I can create my own programs for the tablet.

World in yr hand

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

Wow, It 's a very good tablet. Not too expensive , everyone can afford it . And u can do every thing what u can do it on i pad . There are so many apps available for it. look, weight , design everything is very good . Picture quality is amazing
, I love to watch movies and games.

Great Tablet

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

It's not the newest tablet out there, but it gets the job done with no hassle. It even has a usb port, super useful for making transfers of photos, videos, etc. I like the layout and the app drawer, similar to the ipad in that sense. Good size for playing games and watching movies. The one thing I don't like is hulu doesn't play on it.

Battery Life
I honestly haven't noticed, as I don't use it outside the house much.

Processing Speed
I've never had an issue with processing speed/streaming/tasks.

Weight
Not the lightest but it wont break your wrists.

App Availability
No contest, android has great apps.

One thing I would say is I've never figured out where the microphone is. I took a ridiculous video saying nonsense while turning the tablet every which way, it all sounded the same. In a way I suppose that's a testiment to the microphone.

I haven't dropped it or anything, but i'm pretty sure my dog has walked all over it, no issues.

• App Availability:

Great tablet and great price

from Elizabeth, NJ

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

I bought this tablet because it was the cheapest one out there. I was a little worried since the price was so low but I was pleasantly surprised. It works great, picks up wifi easily and the battery lasts a very long time. It is light enough for me to carry around easily and it fits nicely in the pocket of my lab coat.

I dropped the tablet and the screen cracked a little in the corner. It still works fine but there is a crack in the screen.

• App Availability:

I wouldn't trade it for any other kind.

from Griffin, GA

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

I have had my tablet for over a year now and it is still going strong with no problems at all. I knew I didn't want an Ipad because I wanted to be able to use droid apps. I compared samsung, asus, and a few other brands. Acer gave me more of what I wanted for a lower price. I have the 16GB that has a micro SD card slot and USB slot. I have taken it on business trips and vacations. As far as an e-reader it works great. I like the size even though it can get a little heavy after holding for a long period of time. I bought a cover that has a stand so works out. I love my tablet and am glad I picked Acer!

Battery Life
The battery life is good for normal activities. If you download some apps that won't let the system shut down automatically when not in use then that can drain the battery quickly.

Processing Speed
Not much on wait time for things to run. I like the speed.

App Availability
It runs on driod apps which I love. I can find almost anything. I can read books through my barnes and noble app.

Easy to get to things you want.

Does it all.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

The product is great because it does everything I need it to in the convenience of me being anywhere in my house.

Battery Life
The battery life is great. I beleive I get about 3 hours with it.

Processing Speed
No problems with the speed. It is faster than my laptop.

Weight
Weight is light. No issues with it being held or on your lap for a long period of time.

App Availability
I do not do much apping but the apps that I have I never had an issue.

Design is very classy. It is great.

It is pretty durable. I have dropped mine a few times and thankfully no issues.

• App Availability:

This is the best tablet out there hands down

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

This by far is the best tablet for your money!! who needs a pricey ipad with acer?? I love it and recommend this tablet to everyone. It does all you need guaranteed

Battery Life
I rarely have to charge and im on it constantly. A lot of you tube and I have to charge it a night.

really really fast

Weight
very light. I carry it to work everyday

App Availability
I have a lot of apps and it handles it very well

Design is great. You ca not get much different designs with tablets

I have had mine over a year and i have had 0 problems with mine.

• App Availability:

if you are considering a tablet this one is excellent.

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Acer Iconia Tab Tablet:

When you don't need all your programs from the laptop or desktop this is perfect.

Battery Life
long lasting battery especially on long plane trips, you won't be disappointed

Weight
very lightweight, easy to handle, and fits in a larger purse or bag

App Availability
virtually unlimited apps just like on your smartphone

I haven't dropped it yet at least not on purpose and I do have a leather hard case cover for it so I don't imagine it would be easy to damage