Other Laptops:
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS5830TG-6614 (LXRHJ02172) PC Notebook

Acer Aspire TimelineX AS5830TG-6614 (LXRHJ02172) PC Notebook

Fun, fast, light!

Comments about Acer Aspire TimelineX AS5830TG-6614 (LXRHJ02172) PC Notebook:

This laptop has everything the average user could need. It is FAST starting up as well as opening software. There were times on my old laptop that I thought our FiOS internet was slow.... Nope! I was the old laptop! Now, I know when something isn't opening, it is because of FiOS or the router.

I haven't taken this laptop to it's maximum performance yet but it is clear that it can handle many more tasks as once than I have ever been able to do before. I have read reviews with concerns that it may get hot. That is NOT my experience at all! It is barely warmer than room temperature even when streaming video.

I had some issues with the trackpad at first. It was not recognizing the right-click. Honestly, I have NO idea how I fixed that. But miraculously, the morning after I complained about it out loud to my husband, it resolved itself.

I am a very pleased user!

Trackpad issues were giving me fits! Now that that has resolved, I am quite pleased.

Battery Life
I have yet to have the battery die on me. I generally run on battery power for about 5 hours each day however I am not constantly using it during those hours.

Support & Service
I have only used the online support which I found cumbersome but adequate. I hope that if I had contacted them directly, I might have had greater ease in getting some answers

This is the shining star of this computer! Speed and performance are both EXCELLENT!

I occasionally hit the power button when moving the laptop. The position of it on the front lip seems a bit silly. I would also love a USB port on the side but really - not a problem.

As far as I can tell. I really enjoy the hard outer shell. My last laptop was a Toshiba and the shell cracked when I was carrying it one handed. That may not be the best way to carry a laptop but with two kids under 4 at home, that is often the only way to carry it!

• Battery Life: