View more laptops

Acer
Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC

Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC

4.1

A mobile powerhouse thats sure to never disappoint.

When I bought my first Acer laptop, I was met with quality. Seemingly no problems and almost no signs of bloatware were the biggest things I noticed. With Acer's new Timeline laptop, I've not only been given the good graces of having an Acer brandname, but a truely top-knotch product as well. Everything that any enthusiest would want is here. From an I3 processor to get everything you need done (while multitasking!) to a 14 inch LED backlit screen providing excellent color and brightness range, this beast is a masterpiece. The concaved touchpad is very unique as well, giving a slightly diffirent feel than most laptop touchpads which are traditionally as flat as a pancake. The wireless range of this laptop is pretty decent, it will get the job done around the house and on the go, but I recommend an external reciever for extra long range. Now for the downsides. There is only a 320 gig harddrive, which some may argue is plenty of room, but I still think they should pack at least a 500 gig in here (no stopping you from adding an external drive though). Another feature that brings a tear to my eye (in a bad way) is the Intel HD graphics chipset. Not exactly a great choice for gamers. Last but not least, the battery life is somewhat mediocre at about 8 hours (or much less if youre watching a movie.) Besides that though, this laptop is great for many Applications, and with the Acer brandname you can't really go wrong!

Pros/cons+Acer name (Less bloat!)+Very Fast+Good (but small) Screen+Concave touchpad for unique feel-Smallish Harddrive-Terrible graphics processor (sorry gamers)-Only reasonable battery life

I'm honestly disappointed with the Acer.

To describe how disappointed I was in the Acer could never truly be described in under 900 characters, but I believe I could try.

The sound quality of...Read complete review

The sound quality of thie piece of junk was not worth the power it sucked from its very limited battery life, which was also a downer. Such a small machine, and they crammed all sorts of useless junk in it that they feel was important. I would like to inform them they are incorrect. If I was to waste money on something like this, it would be because I do not liek the person I am purchasing for. Or quality was not what I was looking for.

os The features meet my normal needs It was great for travel Good for my sons needs It works well for all of my needs. Fabulous the graphics are cool. FANTASTIC PC Great Quality specificPros

The features meet my normal needs It was great for travel Good for my sons needs It works well for all of my needs. Fabulous the graphics are cool. FANTASTIC PC Great Quality specific Won't heat up like most laptops

Type in a positive attribute

Cons

Need more colors Black and lit up, typical battery dies easy needs more battery time not as thin as it could be character I HAVE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK needs more space and cd drive

I love acer!

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

I have owned many acer products over the last few years. They work great and have never once failed me. This is no different. It has been functioning flawlessly sense I purchased it. Everything runs great and the battery life is amazing. I would highly suggest making your next computer purchase an acer. You can't go wrong with them.

It was simple to set up and get going. I took it out of the package, plugged everything in and I was up and running in just a matter of a couple minutes.

Battery Life
Not the absolute best battery life I have ever seen but still it has very good battery life and I am very satisfied with it.

Speed/Performance
It is a very fast computer. It boots up very quickly and everything opens the moment I click on it. My girlfriends Dell can not say the same.

It overall looks great. Very sleak and slim design. I really like it.

Seems to hold up pretty well. I am pretty rough on my stuff as I travel a lot and they get thrown around. It did get a scratch some how accross the top but overall I would say the durability is very high if it can handle me throwing it around all the time.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

I'm honestly disappointed with the Acer.

from Butte, MT

Type in a positive attribute

Cons

The acer computer...do you get what you pay for?

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

I recieved an ACER computer for christmas from my parents. I was a college student and needed a laptop and they didnt have a ton of money. So they bought it on sale for a deal at walmart. This computer served it purpose pretty well for about a year. Until the image/screen has a cracked appearance. It lightly fell on the carpet. so that could be my fault however the same thing happened to my sisters! and she didnt drop hers. it appears like the screen is cracked underneath, as the actual screen itself isnt. She did replace hers, but it cost a good amount of money. I looked online and this seemed like a fairly common problem with the acers. Also the keyboard buttons tend to break/fall off very very easily. There are photo options, mine came with word, etc so it is technically just like every other laptop for a much cheaper price. The stores often have deals on these like walmart, and so on

Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC is lightweight and slim

from Stevens Point, WI

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

The **Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC is a great notebook. Easy to carry around and boots up pretty fast. I was able to play any games and surf the internet with no problems. It has plenty of storage I have downloaded pictures and music with ease.I have recommened the **Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC** to my mother who is a first time buyer and feel confindent she will be very pleased with it and will find it easy to use.**

computer

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

i love this pc and enjoy useing it everyday. ive been wanting this product for a long time and finaly got one. im very satisfyed with this product and would recommend it to anyone. im glad my husband bought this for me. go out and buy one and try it.

Acer Aspire TimelineX is a good notebook to have.

from Dundalk, MD

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

The **Acer Aspire TimelineX is very good. The graphics it has are amazing and couldnt get much better. The price is quite affordable and well worth it. I would suggest it to anyone who is in the market for a notebook.**

I shoved this acer up my acehole

from Elgin, IL

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

Well, what can I say...I am writing this to get points on my MyPoints account and have never actually used the Acer notebook, nor have I shoved one up my acehole as the tagline would suggest, but I think that you should if you're reading this.  Really, shove an entire laptop up your acehole and enjoy it, because you are obviously bored and this should take care of that problem.  When you get to the hospital, tell them that you shoved an Acer laptop up your acehole and see what they say.  Chances are they will begin with some strange looks, but rest assured before night's end, you will have undergone surgery and will be hopped up on some great psychiatric drugs which will have you spinning so hard that your boredom shall certainly succumb.  I hope you have enjoyed reading my Acer Aspire Notebook review; I've sure enjoyed writing it.  Well sadly, I am fast approaching my 1,000 work count and will have to be leaving you shortly, but you will be missed you crazier than a shithouse rat friend of mine.

Happy

from Blacksburg, VA

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

This computer has been very impressive so far.  Good things about it are its long battery life, better touch pad and portability.

Cons are squeaky keys, and som adjustments with the camera

Overall, I like acer notebooks and netbooks, still using a 2-year old acer netbook.

WOW!!

from Eatonton, GA

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

This product is fantastic, truly. I bought it and it came flying out of the box with it's legs. It kicked me in the mouth and made me stand in the corner while it pissed on all of my animals. "WOW!! This is the most badass laptop I've ever seen, ever!!" I thought to myself. The laptop swiftly leapt across the room and landed on my face, stabbing me with my cats mangled arm.

I love my acer netbook

from Lockport, NY

Comments about Acer Aspire Timeline AS4820 Notebook PC:

I love my Acer Aspire.   It fits in my purse and I can take it anywhere with me.  I look that it is Wi-Fi certified, and I can pick up the internet almost anywhere.  I have wireless internet in my house, so I like to use the Aspire in different rooms in the house.  The only thing I don't like is that it is not connected to my printer and if I want something printed I have to use my PC.  I can play internet games on my Aspire, but not all games because of the small size.  Some games don't display good on the screen.