View more laptops

Acer
AOA150-1126
Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC

Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC

Gets the Job Done and Lasts Forever!

I have had this notebook for years, I am now going into my senior year of high school and have had this laptop since the beginning of middle school. It has served me well for all those years for both homework and for entertainment purposes. All this time, however, and it has had minimum problems, there is only one time that I can remember when the system completely shut down or crashed. I was able to fix it, however, and it was up and running once again. (:
The notebook isn't exactly child-proof, but it can be easily reassembled if one of the keys were to pop out, just pop it back in. For the price, a lovely piece of technology.

Every notebook, laptop, and tablet has its complications as with every piece of technology, but once everything is figured out, it runs well and smoothly. There is a limit on the personalization of the notebook (uses windows starter), but other than that, all is well.

Battery Life
The notebook, for me, lasts about three hours unplugged which is good considering its size and age.

Support & Service
I can usually figure things out on my own, but I'm sure if I needed help, acer would be right there to assist?

Speed/Performance
It has its days, again as with every other piece of technology out there, but it is usually a functioning and speedy system.

Comfortable, light weight, convenient, and compact. It took some getting used to, but now I find it the most comfortable layout on any laptop that I have used in the past.

My Acer Aspire One has been through hell and back, and it still functions just as it did on that first Christmas day that I had received it.

Great, but gets annoying

I absolutely loved this netbook when I first got it.  However it got old fast!!  Since the computer is super small the key pad is super small, and there are all kinds of shortcut keys across the bottom so as you type you may hit several of the shortcut keys and it gets extremely annoying.   Since typing this I have opened up four shortcuts.  I thought that it would get better after awhile but I have had the computer for at least five months and I still hit them all the time.  Since the screen is so small you cant use certain software on it because you can't see the entire screen.  And the acer games that comes on the red version don't even all work.  So this computer is annoying but cute.  It also runs slow if you add multiple things to your computer especially if you use the McAfee security trial that the computer with.  Then if you decide you do not want to purchase the McAfee after the trial is over then you need to completely remove it from your computer or it will constantly pop up.  But in the long run if you are going to buy a notebook then spend the extra money and get a full size laptop.  But if you are wanting something cheap and cute this computer is for you

Gets the Job Done and Lasts Forever!

Battery Life

Support & Service

Speed/Performance

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

My daughter takes this everywhere!

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

I would rate this laptop as a 4 out of 5. The only reason being is that sometimes it's a little slow...BUT it is meant to be a small computer and doesn't have a whole lot of memory. But she does play all her games she wants to play online and she does have other games downloaded on it. We store pictures and music on it for her. The built in webcam is good for us to use when she wants to skype with her cousins in a different state. Overall, great buy for the price, and recommended for kids or pre-teens also.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Loveit!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

This is a great little note book. It came with a mouse and a case which was all very nice and compact. I enjoy the size of it, though that took some time to get used to. I like that the mouse is small but comes with a scroll since I scroll more on this little labtop than on a big computer. It slips easily into a purse or bag and makes business trips where you can have everything at your fingertips when you look like you have nothing at your fingertips! Very handy. It is also nice to have in your living room for company though people do have access to most things on their phones now I have seen company ask for use of a computer and it does not seem like they are putting you out as much when you offer them this little 'extra' on you have sitting there. The speakers are loud and handy to use. You can carry it around as you watch online things because it is so small but powerful. I am noticing a decline in the battery now that it is about 3 years old but I try to keep in plugged in unless i'm going somewhere.

Acer Aspire One, Mini laptop is a neat little invention.

from Battle Creek, MI

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

I bought a Acer Aspire One Mini Laptop recently.  It comes ready for WiFi  and connects on-line thru ethernet- .This machine operates under windows XP, home addition.  One can plug it into various things with three USB ports, but uses, no CD's... which in my case would mean I would have to buy a different printer to use with this mini-laptop.  My current desk top computer and printer are fine... Thus the thing I really need is a small storage device that would plug into the mini-laptop to transfer any/all info. I'm shopping around to locate cheapest price.

Another great thing is how small and light and portable this is. And I got wireless oked in the house so now I have more freedom. Plus, of course, I can hook into the net at other places that offer WiFi access, such as the local library, and a book store, coffee cafe house, local eatery.

One should be able to aquire an Acer Aspire One in five different colours. I got mine at ABC Wearhouse and what they had in stock was white... I believe they come in white, black, blue, pink and golden brown.

I like this little laptop, it runs fast and is easy to use. One really should get computer glasses to use with this... the screen is approx 8" - It is small. Nice battery, lasts approx 6 hours, and it did come with plug in for electrical power.

Acer Aspire One ZG5

from Addison, IL

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

I bought this netbook in december of 2008. When i bought it I had a desktop and the area I lived in had gone thru a few months of brutal weather. We were under tornado warning and I couldnt think of how to get the desktop to the basement in a hurry.

This machine is very light and portable. I like the size of the keyboard, The video quality is surprisingly good and the battery life is pretty good too. The sound card has a little to be desired. I have problems with streaming audio from the internet and no matter how high I turn the speakers up, they are too weak. I usually end up plugging in my isymphony bag speaker to the machine. There is no volume control at that point but at least the sound is loud enough to hear.

If you are accustomed to a large monitor this will have a learning curve for you. It took me a bit to get used to a smaller viewing area. It took me a few days.

I use this netbook for things like web surfing, email, etc.... When bad weather strikes our area and we go w/o power for a few days I use this machine (from where I am typing this review) for watching movies. I havent used it for gaming, I would imagine that the processor can handle some games but not all games. I was in the computer business for 20+ years and was never a fan of Acer anything until I came across this machine. I am very delightfully surprised with it.

The Acer One is the one to use for most mobile needs.

from Kenmore, WA

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

I've had my netbook when netbooks were just getting popular.  It still works and I still love it.  The smaller screen size, when compared to current netbooks, is a bit small but it does the job well.  Just the size of the whole netbook is one of the best features that I love the most.  I could easily place it in my messenger bag and not even notice it's weight and size.  The size of the keyboard is an issue to some but I have small fingers so it's works fine for me.  I'm typing this review using my netbook!  I have a 120gb hard drive so I don't really run out of space.  I mainly use it for browsing the net and watching movies.  Even though it doesn't include a CD/DVD reader, it's easy to load stuff using the usb ports.   The processing speed is decent with the Intel Atom powering the netbook.  It sometimes lags when multiple windows are open but it is not enough to be con.  The battery life is enough to watch a full-length movies.  In all, it gets the job done for most of your mobile needs.

stay connected with life on this slim, yet powerful acer zg5.

from Fairborn, OH

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

So I just recently purchased my acer from a friend of mine who's kid managed to crack the screen on it. I plan on replacing the screen here soon, but one of the features i really like about it is that you still have the ability to use it by connecting an external monitor to it, as well as turning off the backlight so as not to burn it up. Well let's see, more about the acer, it has most of the usual features you'd expect to see on a laptop and pretty nice speed. I was kinda sceptical at first buying it with the atom processor, but i've managed to set it up to where it runs reasonably quick. Also, it has 3 usb ports which is great if you plan on using an actual mouse, or adding an extra hard drive or optical drive, not to mention the fact that it has all your memory cards covered, even those rare ones like you would need for a sony ericsson phone or a psp. Another plus is that it's very fast to charge with a pretty decent sized cord.

I'm online quite a bit and also am in the process of making a couple websites, this allows me to do all my social networking and keep updated on email as well as downloading and uploading images for my site, I would definitely recommend this laptop for someone looking to buy something affordable, yet quality. O, and did I mention it looks great!! I give it a thumbs up!!

Acer netbook is great to have its fast and reliable

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

***Acer netbook are great to have they are very reliable and are fast they are great for when you are on the go they are lite and small easy to carry around. I have had my acer for about a year and it works better then my PC at home. I would recommend this acer to anyone who is thinking about buying one they are worth the money.***

Lightweight and very easy to handle.

from Kamuela, HI

Comments about Acer Aspire One ZG5 Notebook PC:

Since I bought the Acer Aspire One I've been in pure heaven.  It fits anywhere.  I am able to conduct any personal business on and offline with no hassles or fuss.  I especially find time to play music and download photos from a memory card to my hard drive. Its fast and efficient.  Even my family members love to use my laptop.

The Acer Aspire One is very lightweight and convenient whether at home or travel.  I find that having to pack this laptop easy to do, unlike the regular sized laptops.

As far as the cons of using the Acer Aspire One Laptop, I haven't seen any reason not to like it.  Should there be any technical difficulties with using this laptop I have yet to experience it.  However, I am still learning what can be done on this Acer laptop, it's an experience worth learning.  If need be I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for something like the Acer Aspire One Model No. ZG5.

Great, but gets annoying