View more laptops

AOD250-1151
Acer Aspire One Notebook PC

Acer Aspire One Notebook PC

great little computer

My thirteen year old daughter used some of her babysitting money to buy herself a cute little Acer One Netbook, she was delighted with it and asked me to check it out.   I was somewhat scepticle about the neetbook, it seemed so small and toy-like, but once I used hers I was hooked.

My fifteen year old daughter also decided to get one, and there I was with my 15 inch Acer Laptop computer envying the girls with their "toys".    I was about to go on a flight and decided that with the long battery life and lightweight feature of this computer that it would be a great travelling companion, so the third Acer One came to our home.

It was great on the flight, not big and bulky like my laptop, easy to carry in a shoulder bag and easy to stow under the seat for take off and landings.   I had downloaded some books that I wanted to read and had my web design software so I was able to work on websites as well, making use of all the hours on planes and airports.

It has a web camera and a good size [160gb] hard drive, the same as my larger laptop.  It is now my prefered computer and just today I took it with me when I was driving my daughters to a few places they wanted to go.  I even managed to find free internet access and checked my email while waiting for the girls to finish their shopping.

I think this is the best computer I have ever owned for ease of use & portability.  I was a laptop fan since I bought my first one about eight years ago, thinking it was great to be untied from the desk, with this little gem I feel that freedom is magnified.

The Acer one D250-1417 is a solid notebook perfect for travel.

The Acer one D250-1417 is great for travelling.  I have used this computer in many different states.  While traveling from one location to another I was able to access the internet with relative ease.  While at home I can roam throughout my house without losing my connection.  I have even been able to access the internet from the outside of my home.  I know that this sounds trivial, but the straight line distance was over 100 ft.  The other fine qualities of the notebook range from ease of use to picture from the crystal eye web cam.  I am not computer illiterate, nor am I an expert on the use of programs.  I found that accessing and using the programs was fairly simple.  Being able to open the web cam has always been difficult for me in the past.  I was able to perform this task with relative ease.  The picture and audio was of excellent quality.  My familym members all said that there was a remarkable difference from the web cam that I had used previously.  I think that this notebook is a good product for a wide variety of users.

Great little package

from Wasilla, AK

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

I received the Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook as a Christmas gift this past year. I have 4 children and they were taking over my PC and I needed something that I could take with me around town and on trips but not at the expense of a full size laptop, so I was very pleased to receive this item. My parents purchased one for each of their children and families. We are all very pleased with this little netbook.

It has been a great 2nd computer. It is too small and not convenient to use for hours at a time but it works great for pulling up recipe's,  reading a few emails or doing a quick search for directions. I have also taken it on trips with me and it works great to stay in touch but again I would not want to rely on it to write a long paper, do a great deal of research or use it for hours of work. The keyboard is easy to use but let's face it when you have something that is small, ALL of the features are going to be small, including the keyboard.

The kids have used it to watch video's while wating in an office for doctor apointments etc., but I did notice that once we loaded the seperate media package CD that the battery life seem to be reduced greatly. I assume that's because it takes more power to run the netbook with more programs installed but I am not knowledgeable to really explain why, just that it did. It went from about 7 hrs to 4 hrs of use with the media package.

The back-lighting is adequate and all of the features have worked well. It has bee very sturdy and with 4 kids, it is not always gently used but we do take care of it and I don't let them carry it around.

It works well for our needs and we have been happy with it for the past 6 months,

Love my acer

from Monee, IL

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

We are an acer family.  I am on my second.  I wore my first one out  it became out dated after 5 years of use i decided to buy another.  my daughter also has bought one.  we will never stray from this brand  never any problems and we love the quality greaphics speed.  the entire package.  Why spend more when this is just as good.

great little computer

from Winona, MN

ACer netbook~ not reliable

from Hutchinson, MN

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

At first, I thought this was a cheap anwser to my teen needing a computer for her school work.. It is small, portable, convient to carry.. All the things a teenager loves, and what ?I loved it was affordable... So I was talked into it.. A short time after we purchased it thekeyboard had numerous problems.. I call it freezing up failing to aknowledge you are typing... a huge problem.. It became our newest peice of what did you buy??  and it ws two months old, store offred a 30 day return policy~ Yep... We owned it it was our peice if junk.. Although my daughter still needs a portable pc.. she is now stuck with a much older pc... that is still reliable.. Products are just not made to last it was made very cheaply, lasted two months.. and let's say a very disapointed teen... I wasn't sure what was worse.. other problems included programs not being capatable due to small resolution screen  on pc..

AAO 250 is a great little computing machine!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

Im in college so portability is a big must for me. Therefore, I was in the market for something small and light, but could also handle word processing, internet browsing, and light computer usage. The Acer Aspire 250 was the perfect option because second to the Asus EEE, it is one of the best netbooks on the market and is fairly cheap. The size of the AAO 250 is very small, but not too small where everything is unreadable. It is the perfect size to carry around. The Intel atom processor is a great small processor which handles all of my tasks just fine without any hitches. The onboard 950 media accelerator is not too shabby either as it handles some of my steam games just fine.

Another plus for the AAO 250 is its flexibility with other operating systems. I easily dual-booted ubuntu and Windows 7 without any problems and they both run smooth as butter. Even with the heavy Windows 7 Ulimate, it ran fine. With a little bit of tweaking, you can even get it to run Mac OS X as a hackintosh.

I highly recommend this netbook to any user who is looking for a portable computing machine that is also fairly fast.

It works great

from Morristown, NJ

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

I'm a fan of Acer products.  My kids are still using an Acer computer that's 10 years old.  DVD doesn't work but everything else does.

This laptop is great for the price.  Does everything you need, research on internet, print stuff out, play DVD, all at a very affordable price.

Tiny netbook!

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

I have the 8.9" Acer Aspire one 250 netbook, and use it just about everyday! It is EXTREMELY portable and easy to tuck away in my little neoprene sleeve. I bring it to school everyday and use it to take notes, view powerpoints, check my email, and study for exams! It weights about 2-3 pounds and gets amazing battery life, about 5 hours on a full charge! The only gripes I have are that the fan can be really loud at times, and the touchpad is very awkward. The left and right click buttons of the touchpad are positioned uniquely at either side of the touchpad, and it really is a negative thing about the netbook. Also, the keyboard size is pretty small and takes some adjusting too, but what do you expect for such a small size screen (8.9")! It is a pretty quick little laptop, but can't handle HD content. This netbook is durable and has lasted me a long time. Even though there are better spec'd netbooks out now, I am sticking with my Acer Aspire one!

Acer Aspire 250 Notebook, great for quick browsing

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

I've had my netbook for approximately 6 months. It has been a definite lifesaver for me. I usually keep it on sleep mode most of the time and plugged in so it boots up quicker. I have heard complaints of the keyboard, screen size and it not being a good gaming machine. But, in all reality, I knew buying this netbook I wasn't going to be using it for anything but web browsing or purchasing items online. It isn't meant to be a gaming machine because of its low memory size and its on-board videocard - and gamers know you cant play games good using an on-board video card. The lightweight design is great in that is easy to transport it from place to place, and the wireless internet card also works great, although depending on your router you may need to set it up so it correctly assigns an IP address to it. I would recommend this netbook to anyone looking for something to quickly browse the internet, check emails or do some online puchasing. I would not recommend it to anyone looking to play games or use heavy memory / video using programs such as photoshop. Overall it is a good buy for the money and would buy this brand in the future. (webcam features also work well)

Great for schoolwork

from Federal Way, WA

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

I received an Acer Aspire One 250 as a gift when my full-sized laptop died.  I had originally wanted to purchase a new laptop, since I thought that the small screen and keyboard would bother me, but I couldn't afford it at the time.  I'm actually pretty glad that I couldn't afford it because I'm really happy with the netbook.  I'm in law school right now, and this netbook is perfect for classwork.  The screen is bright and crisp, so I don't even notice that it's so small.  I keep it plugged in during class and while I'm studying at the library, so I don't need a really long battery life.  If I do let it run on battery life, it easily powers through a two-hour class, and if I knock the screen brightness down halfway, I can push it over 3 hours with the small battery.  I love the fact that there's a quick function button that will turn off the touchpad, because with the small face, its really easy for the heel of your hand to play with the touchpad.  I don't really notice the small keyboard because I have relatively tiny hands, but my husband says he wouldn't be comfortable typing on it for extended periods of time.  It cost less than some of my textbooks do, and more than serves its purpose for word processing and web surfing.  I've heard people complain because it doesn't do high end graphics or let you play lots of games, but come on... that's what a desktop computer or a high end laptop is for.

I gave it four stars because I ran into an issue and my research says it's a common problem.  Something happened with my sound card and it will not play sound through the speakers.  I've "fixed" the problem twice, but then it just keeps happening again, so I know the actual speakers are not faulty.  I ended up leaving it alone because it turned out to be beneficial to me.  I don't have to worry about turning on the netbook in the middle of class and wondering if the system sounds will start playing.  I still get great sound through the headphone jack, which I have to use anyway since I only use this in class or the library.

we use this ALL the time!

from Wellington, KS

Comments about Acer Aspire One Notebook PC:

we use our acer netbook all the time (that's what i'm currently writing reviews on now!) my husband is a computer geek! we have two computers in the computer room and he got me a laptop to use in the family/tv/playroom so i didn't have to be in the computer room everytime i wanted to look something up on the computer. it was nice but then he got the acer from woot and i use it all the time! it is the perfect size. he added ram but think that's the only upgrade he did. we take this on trips with us. we used it on the airplane to watch movies and it worked really well. this is the computer we take with us everywhere! the battery lasts pretty long. it's small and doesn't take up much space so it doesn't get in other people's way. the screen is not huge and the keyboard is not huge but that's expected with a netbook. the smaller size of both work well for me. i've been very happy with this product and recommend it to anyone!