View more laptops

Acer Aspire One Netbook PC

Pros

Cons

Great computer

I just bought an Acer Aspire one netbook.  I have never had the opportunity to set up a new computer before so this was my first attempt and it was extremely easy so even first time computer users can handle this netbook. Everything was self expanatory and very easy to understand.  I ordered this computer on line and it came in perfect condition with everything included.  My netbook has an 8 hour battery life which is fantastic and it came with windows 7 which I am still experimenting with.  It has a 10 inch screen, a web cam and intel atom processor which is very fast.  It came with 1GB memory, a power cord and a SD card with 10 programs, which were easy to install and had no problems associated with them.  I bought the blue netbook and the color is beautiful. I am planning on purchasing a carrying case and a mouse for it in the near future and I fully expect this computer to take the place of my desktop PC. I was skeptical about getting a netbook so I waited a year after my friend purchased one and she still loves her and I'm sure I will feel the same way a year from now.  Definitely worth every penny.

The Acer Aspire One is convenient, but not for rigorous usage.

As a gift for a college student with simple research and essay needs this made a great gift from one sibling to another. However as a pc junkie, this was far from what would satiate those cravings for hours of web surfing and general compute usage.

If you find yourself computer challenged, and doubt you'll be running more than two programs at a time (let's say having MS Word and Internet Explorer open, or Aol Instant Messanger and iTunes) then you'll find this computer will be able to handle the tasks you ask it. If however you are more of an adroit and you find yourself clicking on links left and right to get as much information as possible, filling up your tab bar until it has ellipses at the end to conserve view space, while on an instant messanger, and a music player (not to mention there isn't an internal disc drive) you might end up in a perpetual state of freezing.

This computer is a great companion for quick and short needs on the go, as it can only handle so much, afterall it's a netbook, and it has relatively short battery life, while heating up easily if constantly lying flat on it's bottom. Even though that doesn't seem like much to ask, as it is an electronic product that is meant to lie on your lap, the CPU fan sometimes needs help or that will also lead to a frozen screen and put strain on your laptop. It works much better when plugged into the wall or opened up for 20-60 minutes of use.

Overall the computer is useful for networking, and spreadsheets or word documents, but if you're going to sit down in a cafe for more than just that, you're better off with something a little more durable.

Acer Aspire is so slow

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

I bought the Aspire Aspire Netbook for a great low price so I did not expect it to be the best laptop available, but even knowing that I think I was better off with my 7 year old laptop with a broken screen. The Acer is so slow. It cannot run more than one webpage at the same time. It looks good, and was a good price, but it wasn't worth it. It cannot function well enough to not drive you crazy.

Great little laptop

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

This is a nice small laptop--great for lugging around different places in the home and out. It doesn't take up much space (great for recipes in the kitchen!). I do sometimes wish it had a DVD drive, but it runs video well. The webcam is great for Skype. It was very affordable too.

Most things about this computer are straight forward. Plug it in when you need to, webcam isn't hard to navigate, and just click the buttons.

Battery Life
It's usually home and plugged up, so I have had few times the battery has been an issue at all.

• Speed/Performance:

Awesome! This would be perfect for any student!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

I've had my netbook for a few years now and I love it...I bring it everywhere I go. I hardly go on my PC just cause of the convenience of my netbook. I've never had any issues with it.

Easy to use and to carry.

Battery Life
The battery life is short, it only lasts me an hour.

Support & Service
Never had a problem.

Speed/Performance
I wish it was faster, but it does its job.

I love the design and the size.

I've never dropped it and has no scratches.

Great computer

from Newberry, MI

This Laptop is the best

from Forney, TX

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

The Acer Aspire One 542 Netbook PC is one great machine. I like the machine because it works really fast and and always has a great amount of speed. I got this laptop a couple of years ago. The laptop was a choice recremeded from my freinds. It got it for a great price. The laptop works really good. The only thing I did not like was the battery. The battery that always comes with Acer suck but this one really sucks. But everything else is awesome. The design of the laptop looks really good and fancy and good for the price. Also the keyboard looks really fancy good.I would not recomened it to any of freinds because of the battery but if the battery did not have a problem I would recomened it to my freinds.Overal Acer did a good job on the laptop

Love my Acer Netbook

from Painesville, OH

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

I was trying to save up money for a new desktop computer around Black Friday of last year. Because I had to have a tooth pulled and I did not have dental insurance. My money and my boyfriends money went to getting rid of my tooth. For Christmas my sister ended up giving me her Acer Aspire one (in purple) Netbook. I use this constantly every day the speed is great. I can take this anywhere and I aboslutely love it. Anyone who is in the market for something small and still great should get one of these. I use this to chat, browse the internet, blog, write reviews :) , shop, make spreadsheets, the list goes on and on. The only thing I would like is a bigger keyboard. Other than that I use this everyday versus my actual laptop that sits on my desk! I also enjoy watching tv while on my netbook :).

acer aspire is all you need for basic stuff

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

acer aspire is a solid, convenient mini computer that gets all of our basic tasks done no problem.  we got ours as a second computer, since it pretty much just good for internet surfing and related programs.  nothing to big will operate on here and the acer doesnt have a cd drive anyway.  however it does what it's meant for quite well.  ours has only 1gb of ram but it still runs smoothly. it has windows xp and looks just like a full sized computer booting up.  we watch netflix, hulu, and youtube no problem.  it's so conveniently small as well.  the buttons are a bit smaller and closer together than on a regular keyborad, so that can take a little getting used to.  also, the mouse clicker button feels a little sticky.  shortcomings aside, convenience and a cheap price make it a solid deal i say.  especially if you get it on sale like we did on black friday.  very useful as a convenient supplement to our normal pc.

Nice expandability options

from Diamond Bar, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

I purchased this netbook for collage because my previous laptop gave out and I could not afford anything more expensive. The advantages of a netbook versus a full sized laptop is size and portability. The Asus Aspire One 532 is very lightweight and can be carries with one hand. Even the power brick is small and light weight. The keyboard is not full-sized so it takes a little time to get use to if you are coming from a full sized keyboard. The lid and palm rest area have a glossy coating so it attracts fingerprints. Remember, this is a netbook so it is not meant for multitaking or intensive cpu and gpu processes . I use this netbook for basic web surfing, word processing, watching non-HD videos, and taking notes in class. For its inteded uses, it does the job fine, and is a great netbook for the price. I haven't been able to get the advertized wight hour batter life. I usually get anywhere from four to six hours max doing the activities mentioned above. the ram is upgradeable to 2gb. I have heard there is an unsued pci-e slot hidden inside the netbook and tech savvy users are able to add accessories like an HD accelerator to watch 1080p videos. I have not tried this yet as I have no need for it but it is good to know and nice to have as an option.

great personal netbook

from Jeanerette, LA

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

i wanted a netbook for Christmas because i wanted a laptop but didn't want to pay the price for one because with three kids nothing in my home is safe. i was worried about buying an expensive laptop and my kids get their hands on it and break it. i did my research and found the Acer Aspire netbook. It looked great and not cheap looking like the others I seen on the internet. So I went down to my local electronic store and asked to look at it. it was perfect it isa not big so it is easy to hide from my kids. It was not expensive and it was just perfect for my needs. I love my Acer Aspire. the only down fall is it does not come it a lot of memory but it is just the right amount for me. I do not download all kind of stuff so it was perfect for me. the sales lady was trying to sell me a regular laptop and told me the netbook would be slow but I found that it runs just as quick as aNY OTHER COMPUTER THTA I ever used.

great product

from Theodore, AL

Comments about Acer Aspire One Netbook PC:

My husband bought me one of these last year for christmas and i love it.. its so small i can carry it around in my purse . Very slim and convient to have. And also the battery stays charged up forever.