Other Laptops:

Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook

Pros

Cons

Great Little Netbook

This is my first Acer computer and my first netbook PC. I am very impressed with it's performance. I mostly use the netbook for connecting to the internet, to check emails and browse websites. It does a wonderful job with those tasks.

I've also streamed video content on my netbook. Youtube and Hulu work well on this PC. The speakers aren't very impressive, but I normally use headphones while I'm watching videos or streaming television shows, so it's not that big of an annoyance.

I love the amount of USB ports. Very handy.

I did notice after a couple of years of ownership that it started to run a little warm, so I purchased a cooling pad for it, with a fan, that plugs right into one of those handy USB ports.

I do not do any thing like photo editing on this PC. I do upload photos to it, but I don't know that it'd be powerful enough to run an editing program smoothly. Sometimes it gets bogged down just having two websites pulled up at one time.

I love to bring my netbook when I travel. The size is great for traveling and I've got a couple of cases for it, which were very easy to find.

The battery life is so-so. I can usually get around 2.5ish hours out of it, which I know is probably about average, but I kind of wish I'd upgraded to the six hour battery.

I've had this netbook just about four years and I've been very happy with it. I don't play games on it, and it doesn't have a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, but that's fine. I don't need those things on a netbook. I've been very impressed with the Acer brand.

Purchased for travel

Disappointing purchase, works very slowly holds very little, difficult to use with MS Office.

Hard to start, do not like speed of startup with Windows 7.Read complete review

Hard to start, do not like speed of startup with Windows 7.

Battery Life
Normal life for small battery. I keep plugged in if at all possible while using, otherwise, battery will only last for 3-4 hours of use.

Support & Service
Very poor service, bought on line and when I needed service was told that I needed to provide date of purchase and bill of sale, because warranty was out of date. After sending all sorts of documentation, I was informed that I was responsible for mailing and shipping fees. No local service was available. Fortunately, I purchased through E-bay and company I purchased through provided replacement. Will not purchase another Asus product.

Speed/Performance
Very, very slow. Need great deal of patience to use this product.

Typical laptop, nothing special.

Didn't last 3 months, poor service, poor construction, poor customer assistance.

I would recommend this product to everyone.

from Norflok, VA

Pros

• Comfortable Keyboard
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Display Screen
  • Operating System

Cons

• Inadequate Storage

• Programming
  • Video Viewing
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I really liked this notebook and I will consider buying it for my brother.
It really satisfy my needs and my budget,I like how light it is and how good resolution this notebook has.
Personally I use it for school stuff and my part-time work,I can browse the internet faster than ever,and watch videos in high quality with no problem at all.
It's fast and very easy to use,it has nice amount of memory as well as the speed of the CPU.
Thing that I didn't like is the sound,I couldn't hear well videos that I watched but I think all Acer products are like that,and it doesn't have a CD drive,so I had to buy external one.
Design of notebook is the thing I like the most,because it's so easy to carry it.
Would recommend to anyone who needs a notebook for work.

• Usability:
  • Intuitive
  • Media:
  • Easy To Download Media
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Nice laptop

from Edina, MN

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I have been using an Acer Aspire One Netbook for work as this is what they provided me with. So far so good. I have not had any problems with it. The keys are nice and soft so they don't cause any pain in the fingers or wrists. The size is great and it is lightweight, which is nice since I move around at work and take it with me wherever I go. The screen size is nice and it is an easy laptop to find your way around on. I done a lot of exploring by myself and learned a lot about it already. It has a good speed and great memory capacity. The battery life is also really good and I am using it pretty much the whole day at work. I have used Acer before and they are good laptops, this one is not an exception. I am happy with it and would consider purchasing one for use at home.

Support & Service
No need for support service yet as I have had no problems.

Design is slim, attractive and modern. I really like it.

Acer is good quality, I am not worried about the durability.

An ok computer

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I purchased this computer because it was small and at a convenient enough size for me to be able to carry it around to my classes at school. I have had this computer for about two months before it ended up crashing which is the main reason that it is getting a seven for its' overall rating. However, the one thing that I will definitely say about it is that it was a good computer before it crashed. It is just not good if you are constantly depending on it for papers, research, and class notes. It s more of an at home, just needed to play around on the internet type of computer.

Even though the computer crashed on me, I am giving it a ten in this category because it was very easy to use. I could very easily navigate around it easily finding everything that I needed to get to.

Battery Life
The battery life of this computer is just not good. It was advertised to last for hours at a time, but really it lasted only an hour.

Worked fine for 2 years

from NA

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I purchased this Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook online three years back. The netbook came with a Intel Atom N570(1.66GHz) processor, 1 GB memory 250GB HDDI and the OS installed was the Windows 7 Starter edition. I never faced any problem in the first two years and the netbook worked just fine in terms of the processor speed, the memory was just perfect and the performance was overall good. After two years of using this netbook, the parts started giving way. The hard drive started giving an error initially and then the battery gave way. I purchased a new battery for the netbook but it was of no use as other parts such as the speed of the processor was slow and the CD drive stopped working.

The main problem faced since the start with this netbook was the sound as it was too soft and I could barely hear any sound even though I used to attach HD speakers. I complained to the Acer support department with regards to this issue and they said that all Acer products have the same sound problem. The only face which was good about purchasing this netbook is that it worked well for the first two years.

Purchased for travel

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

Hard to start, do not like speed of startup with Windows 7.

Speed/Performance
Very, very slow. Need great deal of patience to use this product.

Typical laptop, nothing special.

super small netbook

from Kittery, ME

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

If you're looking for an inexpensive, light, easy to use and easy to carry netbook then this is the one for you. I've tried using friends laptops but they seem so big and bulky compared to this.

Set up is quick and easy on the acer aspire. All of the programs I need and more are already loaded. It has a windows 7 operating system which is more than enough to handle my everyday needs.

Battery Life
Get used to barely ever having to charge the battery on this netbook. It has an 8-9 hour battery life which is great when you're not around electricity.

Support & Service
Havent ever had to use support or service but I'm sure it would be more thane nough

Speed/Performance
This netbook is superfast compared to my old laptop. Combine this with high speed internet and you're flying.

very easy to use design once you get used to the small size of it

Has lasted me two years now with no problems and I'm not the most careful or delicate with my electronics

Pretty good product

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I had no issues with learning the new Windows on this product. Very easy to customize

Very easy to customize

Battery Life
Battery lasted longer than my Toshiba

Support & Service
Was able to call customer service when it crashed and they got me on the right track and learned how to fix it without having to pay

Speed/Performance
Very fast even when downloading and uploading music

Loved the design and buttons. Made typing very easy

Very durable. I have a small child and he loves to pick up things bigger than him.

• Speed/Performance:

This is a great product to have

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

I have had this computer for awhile,and it is the most reliable one I have had in a life time.

This is really a nice equipment to use and easy to use and it has a fast speed to get to one window to another and not hard to put together.

Battery Life
This battery lost long I still have the original one and it still like it was new since I bought it.

Support & Service
When I had issue with technical problems and any other issues I had no problem with getting a hold of someone with no problem and they explained things so I could understand they are very patient and understanding.

Speed/Performance
This is the fastest computer I have ever had and I would not change for anything. I just turn it on and in seconds it booted up and ready to go and then when you go to Google it is so fast it like in seconds. and the screen is really clear and able to read wit out no fog it really clear and I like that alot.

I like the design of the computer and the way it is made together it is great.

• Speed/Performance:

A good netbook for the price you pay

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

This netbook is lightweight, easy to use and easy to take with you everywhere you go. It works great for checking emails, browsing the internet and basic word processing. It has good speed for doing those basic functions but it does not work well for watching movies or videos. It is hard to beat for the price. I would definitely recommend it as long as you realize its limitations.

This Acer netbook is very easy to use. The smaller keyboard takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do using it is a breeze.

Battery Life
The battery life is pretty good for this small netbook. I can usually use it for a few hours before I have to plug it in.

Support & Service
The support and service for this netbook is pretty much on par with other laptops.

Speed/Performance
The speed and performance is not as good as a regular laptop but it is very good for browsing the internet, checking emails and basic word processing. Do not try to watch movies or play extensive games on this netbook.

I love the compact design. It is very lightweight and easy to take with you anywhere you go. It is also very nice looking.

So far it has been very durable. I have actually dropped it a few times, and nothing has broken on it.

Using ACER Helped My Business Increase 100% because of its speed

Comments about Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 (884483801817) Netbook:

works great does everything I need and more

Found it very easy to use, directions very clear

Battery lasts almost 4 hours

Never had to use them

Top notch

Easy to carry around and appealing to the eye

Extremely durable.... have dropped or banged it a few times and it just keeps on going