View more laptops

Acer Aspire Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

Love my new Acer!

I just got my new Acer Aspire laptop 3 weeks ago and I love it!  I wanted a laptop that I could just do e-mail and surf the internet with.  I don't need it for any gaming or videos.  I'm not a real computer savy person and just wanted something simple and easy to use.  The Acer Aspire is perfect for me.  I was looking at some netbooks but then saw this computer.  It was less expensive than the netbooks I was looking at and had more memory and more power plus a dvd drive (which was important to my husband).

The full size keyboard is comfortable to use and was the only laptop I saw that has a number keypad!  I also find the "mouse" pad surprisingly easy to use.  The 6-cell battery only lasts for approximately 2-2 1/2 hours, which can be inconvenient at times but not too much of a big deal since I am usually near an outlet.

The main purpose I wanted my laptop for is to have something fun for me to do when I am sitting with my children watching one of their favorite Disney movies for the 100th time!  I know there are faster more powerful laptops that can do more things than I would know how to do!  In my opinion, for the price and for what I wanted, you can't beat the Acer Aspire laptop!

Very basic spec & very slow to work with

Positively poor very basic in spec. I went for the deal at Tesco's & bought it o good An spec. It seemed a good deal at the time compared with what Curry's had in stock it was a 3gb as they only direcr laptop cehad 2gb. Tesco's dont display their stock or let u try them out prior to purchase unlike Curry's have them all set up & working for u to try. The graphics on it aren't bad but again very limited. I have had to put the factory restore programme in at least twice since i have got it, & its ovde ear 2yrs old now. I want to upgrade but again it's having the money. My friend got a really good Acer laptop directly from Acer themselves He only payed £30 extra for his ok it didn't have the glossy lid but was extremely high on spec. I wish i had gone directly through Acer themselves. I think i got stung with this. It doesnt have a built in microphone or webcam not even any cap or number lock lights. Even my old Toshiba had them. I dont like the Keyboard if u move your hands lower than the screen the screen jumps. On a count of 1 to 10 i would give it 3. Sorry

Outstanding for the price!

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

I bought this laptop about 3 years ago based solely on the low, low price. Initially I was looking for a very basic low priced computer for my 83 year old grandmother to do email and Facebook on and this was the lowest price on the market. After I got it home and started to set it up for her I fell in love with it and went back and bought another one for my mother and one for myself!

This machine is outstanding for the price! It's a solid sturdy well designed machine. Some other competitor machines in this price range felt flimsy and like they would break easily. I have had my machine on pretty much all day and night for years and have never had a problem EVER. The same goes for my Grandmother's machine and my mother's machine (which get considerably less use).

I've used this machine for telecommuting to work, for heavy internet activity with multiple tabs and windows and browsers running simultaneously.

Though its obviously not a gaming computer with these specs, I was able to do a minimal amount of gaming in very graphics intense online games (3D environments in real time). I have no problem with watching Youtube videos, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle full length Netflix movies without a bit of lagging. The Wifi speed is great and it never drops the signal.

I love this machine!

This is a sturdy well built machine that can handle pretty much anything the internet has to offer.

Battery Life
Though I leave mine plugged in most of the time I know newer machines have a much longer battery life than this one. It holds for about 2 hours.

Support & Service
The few issues I have had were easily resolved with great support.

Speed/Performance
It's got surprising speed and performance for this price. It's certainly not a gaming machine but in this price range, its certainly a 10.

Very basic spec & very slow to work with

• Speed/Performance:

great laptop for a great price

from Gilbertsville, PA

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

Got this as a christmas present and it is a great little laptop. I just use it for playing on the net but it certainly works well for that we got a fantastic price on it so it definitely was worth its money. I would recommend for someone who want portability for just personal fun use.

Value for money

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

If you don't really care about style, but want as powerful machine as possible for as little cash as possible, then you should definitely go for an Acer.

Easy setup, no difficult software to install.

Battery Life
Quite decent I must say. Now the batttery life of laptops in general isn't that great, and the Acer is doing ok.

Support & Service
Haven't had any problems with my Acer so I haven't really used the support service.

Speed/Performance
Excellent speed and performance! I'm very satisfied with the overall performance, that is the reason I went for an Acer in the first place.

Let's be honest here, Acer is not really trying to get you on the design....

I haven't had it for too long but so far so good!

• Speed/Performance:

Acer Aspire 5532 is a good!

from ErnestK, OH

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

This a good laptop. It's really affordable and nice to use. There are some flaws with the laptop. The mousepad is touchy, there's not enough speed and the speakers could be better. Other than that it's a good laptop if you just want to surf the internet and check your email. You won't be gaming with this laptop. Not enough CPU for that. You might be able to put in a better CPU in the laptop.

Great laptop for the price

from Pikeville, KY

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

Bought this laptop about 4 months and while I have seen better quality laptops, it does well for what I paid.

No problems at all so far and aside from inverters failing most Acer laptops are reliable.

I prefer Intel based laptops as AMD chips seem to run a lot hotter, but this one seems to keep its cool.

Most laptops overheat because people sit them on carpet, beds, etc and fibers will get sucked in by the cpu fan or they leave them unattended this way untill they overheat. Gotta keep them off cloth survaces, especially AMD powered laptops such as this.

The Acer Aspire 5532 has surprised me with its ease of use!

from Wisconsin Rapids, WI

My first laptop.

It took virtually nothing to get this computer up and running right away. I bought 2 for my kids for their birthdays. They liked them so much I had to take a second look and wound up buying a third for myself.

The sound and video are really great, as I play a lot through netflix, and I play alot of games also.

I use mine for work and at home for play. Find it is easier to get on line (and faster) than my home computer (which I don't even use any longer).

I all ways held back from getting a laptop because I wasn't sure if picture quality would be worth it as I store a lot of family photos on my home computer. Turns out there is a lot of room to store them right on my laptop and no problems with it slowing down the system at all. The quality is just as great, if not better than what I have on my computer.

We use a wireless internet card for our internet, so the only thing we use our home computer for nowadays is to have the router set up to it so we can all be online at once.

We will be buying 2 more laptops as 2 more birthdays are coming up. And they will be the

Acer Aspire 5532!

What can i say im a stickler for blue

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

When it comes to a budget acer has it. They make some okay products for a cheaper price. I bought the aspire 5532 about 3 months back for under 350 bucks. And contrary to my beliefs and everyone elses its a speedy little laptop. It is one of the first kind with the new windows seven home premium built into it. It is also one of the first laptops without a built in webcam. it has a 15.6 hd LCD screen which i will say is extremely bright. It has a HD 3200 ATI Radeon Graphics card which is an amazing graphics card for a laptop built in. It has the B G N network bult in. Has a AMD athlon 64 processor Tf-20 1.6 ghz 3gb Memory and 160gb harddrive. Which anything bigger than that is just a waste. I have had it for 3 months and the harddrive is not even 5 percent filled up yet. So they are extremely hard to fill. The keyboard and touch pad are very nice. It also has the extended numeric pad which is great for people use to a real keyboard. I give this overall acer an A+

one word for this acer aspire5532 is nothing but trouble a lemon

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

I bought my acer about 3 months ago. It has given me trouble from day one.It has been restored three times so far.I had one before and it was great that why I bought another one.But never again will i buy an acer aspire 5532 or any one that has acer applied to it.second I think the store i bought gave me false information when I purchased it. So all in all I rate the acer poor very disgusted with it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LAPTOP,Ascer Aspire5532

from Providence, RI

Comments about Acer Aspire Notebook PC:

I have has this laptop Acer Aspire 5532 for almost 1 year and i have to say that I love it.  I never owned a laptop before and I did alot of research before I bought one.  I didnt need it for school, I just wanted one for web browsing and playing game and watching movies.  The screen colors are so bright and nice.  the only down side to the laptop is the sound isnt that good,but i bought  speakers for it and its great.  So if your looking for a great and affordable laptop then this is the one for you.