View more laptops

Other Laptops:
Acer
Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC

Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC

I just love the screen size, quality, and features of my Acer

I purchased a new Acer Aspire for my son for college.  We took it out of the box, and it was love at first sight!!  LOL   We sat down and went through all paperwork and completed the set-up process.  Computer was very easy to set-up and get going on...the larger screen and clarity is just wonderful.  Lightening fast speed going from website to website...Wonderful computer!!

Needless to say, after owning his computer for about a week - and MOM was always over his shoulder just checking out all the features of laptop.  I am definately purchasing one for myself in the VERY near future.  I would not hesitate to purchase for my next son, who graduated next year from high school.

This was a first ACER computer in the house, and I am certainly impressed....

Thank you!!

Acer should make it easier to restore and reboot the computer.

**The acer aspire laptop computer should be able to be restored or rebooted to factory image without going to a computer store. ****Some computers are able to do so but this is not. ****And the acer aspire should also get reed of the internet explorer/windows vista.  I've had an acer aspire laptop for about a year. And It can how ever be restored but only to a month ago. So now if there is something wrong with the computer you know you can fix but you can't do; you have to take the acer aspire to an acer aspire store/computer store. Now the computer i have(acer aspire) has locked me out of one of my user. Because i ended up puting the same name down as the user name, a little different but same non the less. When i tried to go through by control panel it wouldn't let me in said i needed and password, but i had never made one. By the time i figured out where the system restore was so i could go back and earse this problem it was to late to go back and fix. I had been locked out completly from being able to do anythig administrative. Now before all this happen it was fine the computer was pretty great all except the internet explorer. It's always crashing it never responed sometime wouldn't even let me log out of it to try and fix the problem my self. Now keep in mind I've only had this computer for about a year so it's still fairly new, thats alot of problems to have on a brand new computer**.

a bang for your buck!

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

It's a great over-all buy. Don't be discouraged by the brand; Acer has been manufacturing great computers for those who seek quality and reliability at a great price. I've never had any problems with mine.

Cheapest on the Market

from Monongahela, PA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

I bought this computer for my, now wife, for her birthday.  I found a good deal for the computer and made the purchase.  So far, I have had no problems with it and it does everything perfectly!  The computer is used approximately 2-3 hours a day,  however the battery will not last that long.  The only bad part of the computer.  The amount of RAM that is installed in the computer is sufficient as well as the processor.   The preinstalled software was just as any other computer with Windows 7.  I was dissatisfied with the "Games" that came on the computer as none of them were really free other than your usual solitare etc.   They wanted a rediculous amount for the games, which similar ones can be found for free.  As far as the "real" games like CoD or things that aren't a cheap parlor trick, I have not tested them out due to the no graphics card.  I would chalk this computer up to doing only the normal tasks, but it does them really well!

Ok for the price, but not great

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

I got this computer for about 300 for college (which was a bargain). It got me through my first year, but by the second year the screen was broken, the battery was completely trashed, and it heats up and shuts down frequently. I would give it a lower rating, but in all fairness i was pretty rough on it. I did get one good year of use out of it. However, i wish i had held out for a better quality product. It's not really all that well made. But you can't really beat the price.

Good but Not the Best

from Blaine, KY

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

I had an Acer prio to the new laptop that i have now which is a Dell brand. I have to agree that the price of the Acer are great and affordable to people who are looking for a cheap everyday computer that just want to browse the internet and do basic work on this computer. This brand has a good rating and I did really like the computer the only downfall was the storage,it didnt seem to store as well as the one I have now, and seemed to be a little slower speed. I did like the Acer brand and have to admit that the computer lasts a very long time I had my Acer for at least 7 years before i crashed. I did not try to get it fixed but gave it to a family member who was going to fix it, it was then that I bought the Dell. I just like this brand better .But i would recommend this brand if this is what you can AFFORD, debt is too high in American right now and if you cant afford a higher brand please choose this brand, because it is an overall great computer for the money and can basically do whatever all the others can use, it just doesnt have the Name that IBM or Dell or HP has but hey who cares, I dont go on name brands I go on quality for the value for my money, and I feel that if everyone in America did this we would be pretty much Debt free, by using our money wisely.

Acer Aspire is the most comfortable one I have ever used.

from Mount Wolf, PA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

The Acer Aspire is one of the easiest PC laptops I have ever used. It is very comfortable to use. I love it when I am searching. The keyboard is so easy to use. The keys are large enough to use so that you do not accidentally bump other keys.  I love the speed with which I can browse on my Acer Aspire.  Everything is so conveniently located on this laptop. I am fairly new to the world of computer technology and this computer makes it easy to learn and do the things I want a computer to do. I also love the style and the way it looks. The size makes it very convenient to use.  It is very portable and easy to use wherever you need to go.    I love my Acer Aspire and am looking forward to years of use with it.  I would recommend this laptop to anyone who wants good results from a laptop. I would recommend it to those people who are not real familiar with computer technology. It is very easy to use.

The Acer Aspire 5745 is the best laptop I have ever used.

from Gadsden, AL

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

In the fall of last year I started an online business. I was working from a desktop computer and after complaining enough about not having the versatility of taking my work with me my husband gave me my Acer Aspire as my Christmas gift. I love this laptop. It is so lightweight and the design makes it so easy to carry with me. The screen is a wonderful size and shows great colors. I do a lot of work in the car while waiting for the kids to get out of school and the sun never effects my ability to seen the screen. One of my favorite things is the number keypad on the right side of the keyboard. This is the first laptop I have ever worked on that had one and it is so convenient. This computer also has great volume to it that is easily adjusted. My kids love the DVD player. They have used it many times to watch movies and again the screen size and volume are perfect for this. The computer comes with all the basic programs that are needed, I have only had to add the one I use for my business. After working on other laptops this is by far my favorite and I highly recommend it.

I love my Acer, but keys were sticking within year

from Richland, MO

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

I just had to purchase a new keyboard for my laptop cause first the "D" then the "S" keys were sticking... I would have to press the keys very hard to make them work, which became irritating to my left ring finger and I ended up breaking off the "S" key when trying to fix it by cleaning under it, etc.. so now I'm waiting for my new keyboard.

Another problem I had within the first few months, the power cord stopped working, but Acer replaced this for me promptly by mailing one to me.  Now I did contact the customer support regarding the keyboard as well but because it was just  outside my year warranty, they didn't offer any support and I wasn't impressed with the customer support during this time.  Also it took a great deal of time to get away from the automated phone system and speak with a live person.  I think the customer support is good during the warranty period, but not very exceptional beyond that.

Overall the laptop has held up very well.  I got it at sale price and for the money I paid, I don't think there was any better laptop at any better price.  Now as I listed in the cons below, the volume is weak and the heat at the bottom and left side is excessive.  But overall I am happy with the functioning my my laptop.

We love our Acer! It's so light and easy to use!

from Caledonia, MI

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

We have loved our Acer since we got it. We use it all the time!  It has worked great to check email, surf the web and its a great size for traveling and very light. The only this I wish it had was an S-video port so we could hook it up to our TV easier...but there are other ways around that.

Can handle the toughest users.

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

I've had this computer for a few months now and so far it has been great. It was a little different to get use to how the operating system is lined up. For example I struggled finding the control panel and different icons, but that could mainly be because I am not good with computers. This computer works well for me, especially since I don't want I'm doing on it. I've even downloaded a virus on it and was able to get rid of it. Recommend!

Great laptop but durability could be an issue.

from Fulton, MS

Comments about Acer Aspire AS5745 Notebook PC:

The Acer is an excellent computer for someone that uses it for the basics. However, if I am going with one for a college student or younger person I wouldn't want to use this particular one. The durability is a bit less than desirable. I doesnt take much to make the Acer look like it's been put through a lot of damage. The casing is not very strong at all. I bumped it against my desk and it caused a hairline scratch along the top.