View more laptops

LX.SA902.006
Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC

Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC

this is really a great investment

This notebook is a good buy i have one myself and i just love it. theres alot of power in this notebook and the crystal eye is the best. if you are looking for a good notebook for a cheap price then this is the one.all you have ever been looking for in a laptop is packed in to this pc.if you have a need for power then theres enough giggs in this pc to satisfy you. if you are looking for the latest tecnology with windows vista being part of this notebook you cant go wrong. the dvd/cd combo gives you that extra edge you can burn dvds and cds very fast with out stoping your origanal program.acer has really went all the way with this one without a doubt this would have to be one of the best books i have seen for the price. It also comes in differrent corlors for your enjoyment. theres really not anything this notebook wont do unless you need more power. but if thats the case you can always upgrade you ram.over all this is the best deal for your buck.

Great laptop

I have this laptop and i really like it. I always wanted a laptop and there i got it. This was my first laptop. I have acer laptop for a couple years and it still works until now. The good thing is this laptop is not too heavy and its quick. The quality is good and also the sound. Its not too big or not too small. This is the average size for me. I use my laptop everyday almost half of the time i would be on my laptop. Its great to have and affordable. I got mine from bestbuy. What i dont like is that this laptop doesn't have a webcam but the smaller one do. I wouldn't change my laptop for another one. Without my laptop i would go crazy. Also you can watch DVD on this laptop and put a memory card in to upload pictures. Also this laptop let you have the control of it not the laptop controling you. I don't have any problems with this laptop. I would recommend this laptop to others and it would be right for you.

Great laptop

from Lowell, MA

The Best Laptop I've Ever Owned

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

I was given this laptop as a Christmas present and at first I wondered if it would do the job.  I am a graphic designer and am beginning to dabble in music production.  I loved the design of it, and it was free, so I was grateful for what was given.  I've only had 2 other laptops in my life, both low end, and neither one had the speed and capability as my Acer.  I'm able to run Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator with ease.  The color screen is very bright and clear, which is great not just for design work but also for watching DVD's.  I decided to upgrade the memory and hard drive, and all it took was loosening a few screws from the bottom, taking the old RAM and Hard Drive out, and installing the new.  Piece of cake.  Now it runs even smoother than before, able to handle my graphic work and most of my audio production with little to no latency.  For a lower end laptop this is great, especially if you just need it for basic word processing and connecting to the internet.

Above its competitors

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

What you need? Fair resolution display in a small, but still nice to be seen screen? Portability? Long-time battery? Wireless-N conectivity? HDMI port?
Well...you got it! And this little machine has proven to have the best cost-benefit from its category.
With a 11.6" LED-backlit screen - bigger than the ordinary 10 inches netbooks - but still nice to keep the 1410 easy to carry in a bag, or to use in your school desk, the screen resolution (1366 x 768, HD standartd) makes the difference when browsing the internet, watching hi-res photos, or your favorite movies.
The 6-cell battery has enough juice to provide at least 6 hours of fun. Long-haul flights without in flight entertainment (they still exist) can be easily beaten using the Acer 1410 as your personal enterntainment center.
On the top of all this features, a decent full size keyboard (no numeric keyboard, for sure) and a synoptics-managed multi-gesture touchpad make the ACER 1410 very, very comfortable to use.
With a well finished case, smart design, and all above said, this little machine was the best buy in 2010.

Pretty decent.

from Chico, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

This laptop is pretty much affordable. It's not too expensive but it's not inexpensive either. The graphics quality is superb and amazing. Overall, it looks really nice. The keys are easy to type with, very good transitioning from key to key. However, the keyboard is somewhat fragile, if you overuse a certain a key, it will break. Be careful with how you're using the laptop. The battery is pretty weak, it needs to be plugged in with its charger. The laptop is a little heavy, it's not lightweight at all. It somewhat overheats often, but then again, that only happens when you constantly use it. It's recommended to use a fan for the laptop. Sound quality is not that bad, the sound is actually very clear. A webcam and a microphone are built into the laptop for all your webcamming needs. However, the downside is, the webcam is already installed but the microphone isn't. I had problems trying to work the mic.

The Acer Aspire Laptop is a temporary computer.

from Conway, AR

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

I loved the computer when i first got it. I bought it in September of 2009 so i could do my school work anytime and anywhere without having to constantly upload from a disc or drive. After about 5 months it started running slow i thought it was just because i was using it too much so i turned it off for 2 days. I wasnt able to do any of my work for those days. When i turned it back on it was still running slow. My brother had bought one months before i had and his has already crashed and i hasnt even been a year so thats whats im expecting. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Acer Aspire 1410, darn good machine!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

I like this a lot, much better than the same in 15.6 inch! Nice big keys. Real aesy to carry around. The battery life is outstanding! But could come in some bright colors though, would like one in bright orange. All in all a very good machine.

acer is a great buy.

from Auburn, MI

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

I purchased this laptop after a fair amount of research.The screen is bright and sharp.The 11.6" 1366x768 screen looks good and is a lot more useable than the 8-10" screens found on most Netbooks.It runs fine for about 5 hours on the 6 cell battery.Overall a great buy at a great price.

Easy, out of the box Aspire Internet Notebook for travel / work

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

This Aspire notebook is very easy to set up and use, right out of the box, you're online in minutes.  The Wifi capabilities are easy to use, setup, get right online in any area.  It is light and functional. The screen is bright, good resolution.  The battery, like all laptops, does run a little weak after an hour or 1.5 hours.  The screen dims after that.  However, plugged in, it's a bright little guy.

The software packages included were standard, basic, and useful.  Nothing special there, but everything you need to get started. The touchpad can be modified for sensitivity.  The default is + very sensitive +  so make sure that you reduce that, or you'll be clicking on everything by mistake.  Tweak it down a bit, and you're ok.

A great little machine for travel and for work projects away from your desk.  Wifi reception was good in almost all areas of the city, and in the airports.  Memory is fast, and the Hard Drive  is plenty big enough.

Lots of ports. There is a handy port for a bigger external monitor, and 3 extra USD ports for an external mouse, wacom tablet, an N1 modem or anything else you need.

Recommended as a side order to your main desktop PC, or even hardy enough to stand all on its own.  I even did some graphics work on it using Maya.

Beautiful Lightweight Notebook not a netbook

from La Mirada, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC:

Pros:

Lightweight, Not Atom but core2solo CPU,Very good screen and battery life,Windows 7 Compitable, Support up to 4GB RAM if you want to upgrade, 320GB Hard drive,Blows any atom based system out of the water, really.

Cons: Not realy any , only No CD-DVD Player so if you want to install from cd or dvd you need external drive.

this is really a great investment