View more laptops

Acer
LX.AT90X.048
Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC

Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC

someone please make a better acer aspire laptop

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

I got this as a present for my birthday from my uncle about 2 years ago. I love this computer. it has a lot of awesome features but it also has bad ones. let me start with the good stuff: this laptop has fast internet speed, can store a lot, very good quality and has a really cheap price. I've only had a couple of problems: there is no webcam. i really need a build in webcam but i have to buy a separate one. the battery life SUCKS!! and i mean it. you can go high performance, balanced or power saver. im on power saver 100% battery & it says i have 2 hours left. it almost dead and its been 20 minutes. another bad thing is the speakers. I had to buy another pair of speakers plug it in so i can listen to music. The laptop only comes with 2 USB ports. i mean why?? there is plenty of room to add more. It was a present but if it wasn't i would think twice before buying this. but then again it does come with a McAfee protection and Microsoft office.

Acer Aspire is not a product I would purchase again.

from Lebanon, OH

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

Acer Aspire has given me nothing but problems upon purchasing 5 months ago.  I have had to have the hard drive replaced twice.  Each time I was reassured that the problem was not of my doing, but a problem with the laptop itself.  Although I do have a warranty, the prospect of having to give my laptop up for repair again is not one I look forward to.  I lose precious time as the laptop is in the shop for 4-5 days at a time.

As far as customer service, I was not impressed.  The agents at Acer were rude, not helpful, as they had me do a hard reset 4 times, which caused me to lose valuable information, only to find out that a hard reset was not necessary at the time.  The options I was given through Acer would have resulted in my having to spend more money to have the laptop fixed, this is with my warranty.  When asked to have the laptop replaced because of so many issues, I was told that would not be possible, even though these problems were pre-existing in the laptop.

In the future Acer would not be considered as an option when making a purchase for a laptop.  I am understanding more each day why this brand is not very well heard of.  It is definately not a quality brand.

The acer aspire machine's cheapness is it's biggest pro and con

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

This machine is a good budget machine.  You get a lot of bang for the buck.  However with long use, after owning it for about 2 years we've found that the machine does start to overheat. We had problems with the computer overheating and then shutting down.  We got some compressed air and blew out the fan area on the underside and that stopped it from overheating to the point where it shuts down.  Also we've had some difficulty with powercord issues.  They don't connect very well into computer itself anymore.  And, the cd/dvd drive was bent out of shape.  We do have small children that can be rough on the computer so I don't completely blame the computer for these problems but using a little bit more sturdy materials in realation to the casing would have been helpful.  When treated right, this computer can be a real little gem though.  If you are budget/value conscious, then this is a great computer for you.

Great Laptop

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

This is a great laptop! Not super expensive, nothing top of the line, but I am so happy with it. I bought it for my husband almost a year ago and it still is amazing!! I love the CrystalBrite LCD, it makes everything stand out, compared to my desktop!

Fantastic notebook computer

from Quincy, WA

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

I bought myAcer 4730Z notebook in Jnuary 2009!  I had signed up for the Verizon Internet service and when thers service broke down and I could not do my surveys on the internet I had to buy a notebook computer and go to the library to use it.  We are low income and verizon treated us very badly for their internet service.  When I got my Acer 4730Z notebook compuger I was able to continue doing my onliune surveys and make a few pennies doing it.  We finally got hooked up with a RELIABLE internet provider and when the system breaks down they fix it!  I am very happy with my notebook computer.  It has not broken down and is very reliable.

I have  recommended this Acer 4730Z notebook computer to my friends and they will be buying them when they are able to.  Acer is a fantastic company and I will be buying a second computer from them just to have a back-up computer on hand! I only us this computer for doing internetsurveys, emails and some internet games.  I wish I could use  all the other functions of this computer--but since I am retired and do not have a business to run I cannot use them!  Buy this computer, and you will be glad you did!

Acer Aspire is a great laptop lots of function in small package

from Akron, OH

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

I have had my acer for a year now.  I'm happy with it's performance and abilities. I have many programs on it including from Office to a variety of games. All the programs function well on it. I have some slowdowns with the detailed graphic games like Zoo Tycoon sometimes but nothing major. I love that it is so  light that I can take it anywher without lugging around 10 lbs of equipment. It can run on battery backup for 2-3 hours depending on the app. The built in wireless always finds my router and I have a strong signal even downstairs and outside in the yard. Overall I'd recommend this computer if you want a light system with good function.

Blazingly Fast!! This One Really Flies! Love the Style & Design!

from Brighton, Ma.

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

WHAT'S THE 411 ON THIS PRODUCT?

I needed a new computer because the old one that I was using was really old and so blastedly slow and with very few features. Even though it's an all-metal one, it was just so painfully slow. It took too long to download pages, especially ones that have lots of pictures on them!

I was not happy with it, especially when I wanted to browse the Web or even checking my inbox in Outlook Express! Took forever, mainly because the old untit's memory was so low, paianfully slow and pretty much depleated! It was driving me nuts!!

WHAT THEN?

Then a friend of mine had bought me the Acer Aspire 4730Z Notebook (laptop) Computer as an early birthday gift. He had begun to notice how frustrated I was with the old computer. But I didn't turn the new one down, oh no!! I needed something that was much faster than what I was using.

And I'm so glad that he did! This unit really flies and is blazingly fast!! It downloads Web pages almost immediately!! it has many features - ones that weren't on pc's just a few years ago! I can boot it up and shut it down at very reasonable speeds!! I don't have to sit and wait there for what seems like an atrosiously long period for it!!

WHAT ELSE?

The Acer Aspire 4730Z has scores of features that you'd otherwise probably find only in higher priced units! it is designed years ahead of it's style & era. Features that would make other units in its class just seem outdated and obsolete!

It's the perfect laptop computer for the on-the-go buisiness traveler and it also makes a great space-saving computer at home without the extreme bulkiness and the excessively over-cluttering of cables and wires that are associated with large overbearing regular desktop computers!!

FEATURES:

1. Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T4200 (2.0 GH, 800MH FSB. 1MFl2 cache).

2. Up to 1244MB Moble Intel Graphics Media Accelerator4500M.

3. Energy-Star Qualified.

4. 14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD screen.

5. 320GB HDD.

6. DVD Super Multi DL.

7. Built-in WiFi wireless card allows you to take advantage of wireless Web browsing without an Ethernet cord attached. You must have access to a wireless router though.

8. Crystal Eye built-in Web Cam eliminates the need to use an external constantly-falling-off-the-top-of-the-screen web cam.

9. Windows Vista Home Edition.

10. Comes with McAfee and Windows Office software already installed.

11. Stylish black panel, keyboard and area around viewing screen.

12. Two-tone blue and black lid.

13 Has Windows Mail (formerly called Outlook Express).

14. Full 1-year warranty on entire unit.

15.; Windows Vista has many new inprovements over earlier Windows OS's.

16. 3-hour battery charge for longer use without household power.

17. Large 250-GB Hard Drive provides plenty or room to help store pitures, files and lets you surf the Web with blazing speed!!

18. Blue Tooth Qualified!

ANY SHORTCOMINGS AT ALL?

Not Enough USB ports.

IN SHORT:

I love thie computer!! I really makes life much easier as far as getting on and staying on the Web is concerned! It also lets you do many things offline!

~Daquan13.

The Acer Aspire is Amazing!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Acer Aspire 4730 Notebook PC:

I recently bought the acer aspire because I needed a new laptop.  Duh, doesn't that sound reasonable?  Actually, I did some major research into this purchase, it's quite a big investment.  I have heard everything everyone has to say about all the different computer companies out there, and have had the opportunity to work with just about everything on the market.  I have to tell you, though, that Acer is the company with the master plan.  Great prices, great products, and believe it or not, great service.  I actually had a problem with the fan in my unit shortly after I bought it, and the Acer assistance group were wonderfully helpful, patient, and kind.  With up to date software, great formats, and a beautiful deep blue almost black finish, this is the only computer I would own, I even went so far as to go to 6 different stores to find the exact model that I wanted ( the one with the 14.1" screen) and I don't regret it for a minute.  Worth the money adn the time!