View more laptops

Acer
Acer 3000 Notebook PC

Acer 3000 Notebook PC

3.4

Acer is an ACE in my book

I was worried about buying an Acer Aspire when I first was researching for a new loptop. I had never heard of this brand at that time.  We purchased it anyway for online use and watching alot of movies and playing games, on-line and cd driven. My 4 yr old son loves to sit and watch his educational cds hour after hour.  The cd drive and the mouse pad is very user friendly. As I said my son easily navigates through the internet and back to his movies with no help from me.  The screen is very large and wonderful to watch a movie on the laptop.  I am not a tech junky, but I do know that this company pretty much can give you what every your needs are. We have so much memory that we have not even touch the tip of the iceberg. It processes very quickly, and having dsl online service this thing "screams" online.  I also remember when my son was younger he had a bad habit of "popping" the keys off. He had half the keyboard off one time before I was able to stop him, LOL. My point being, Im not very mechanically incline, but I was able to get all the keys back in place without any breakage. Dont know if that was luck or a good craftmanship. We have had this laptop for about 2 yrs now, and are very happy with it.  Needless to say no problems means not having to deal with their customer service dept. So I have no info there sorry.  This computer has been a great investment for my family.

Money wasting laptop; not worth the effort!

Do not buy the Acer Aspire 3000! I know as of now it is an older model but I don't recommend Acers at all unless all you will be using them for is to check email and such (and not to store pictures or music). I had problems with my Acer Apsire after a couple years of having it. I got it as a present for entering college and it seemed okay for the first little while but soon started to act up. It was extremely frustrating when I was typing a paper one night for an exam and all of a sudden my screen went black and colors started flashing and it died! I lost ALL of my data, pictures, documents, music, etc. I suppose it was my fault for not having an external hard drive at the time but I assumed with a laptop that was expensive and seemed high-quality, an external drive wouldn't be necessary. However, I was wrong. If you're going to buy an Acer computer or laptop I highly recommend buying an external hard drive and backing up all of your important things daily! You never know when it will suddenly stop working and go black.  Also, the battery life is almost non-existant.

If I only knew...........

from Opa Locka, FL

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

If I only knew how slow this computer was I do have never purchased it for my sister. She uses it everyday for class and homework and has to keep the charger connected because the battery doesn't last past an hour. I had to go buy another laptop for her. What a waste of money.

I wouldnt buy it again, unless I was a poor college kid

from Sturbridge, MA

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

I bought this laptop because i didnt have a lot of money and i was in college at the time.  It is slow!  The features it comes with are worth the 500 bucks i paid for it- thats for sure.  i enjoyed the dvd player and microsoft products.

Acer 3000 Notebook PC Surpasses Expectations!!

from Pawtucket, RI

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

I love this machine!! It was purchased refurbished with added Ram ~ I use this primarily as a desktop solution and it performs just as well ( sometimes BETTER! ) than my fiancee's Dell desktop system! Media streams extremely well and I have more than ample free space available...which is saying something because I work this machine hard! I added speakers and a wireless mouse to compliment this already awesome computer for an even better media experience. This is not a lightweight laptop, but worth taking with! I solve the battery issue by making sure I can access an electrical outlet! I have accomplished alot with my Acer and it continues to serve me well...I am writing this review on it!! I have not had any problems with performance since I got it 5 months ago...this is a 2002 model to boot. I am very pleased with it and will probably have it for many years to come!

Money wasting laptop; not worth the effort!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

my best friend, my lifeline to the outside world,,,

from Escondido, CA

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

I have had my Acer for 6 years now and I love it.  I do wish I had more a larger capacity one, or a new one with dual core, but for what I do everyday. it suits my needs.  I have used it contuniely eveyday as a source of resource for every day things.  Like looking up cooking information, how to do things, manuals that I can't find for my different appliances, ordering items needed for everyday life. looking up health issues, so its my doctor most of the time..i do a lot of connecting with family and friends daily.  this has been the best investment i have ever made. i am lost without it when i have minor computer issues.. i have had one big crash but it was easliy fixed by a  computer techie.  when i need to replace this laptop, i will defentily go for another acre.  they are easily accessible, and they are a great value for the money. I have had a gret time with my  Acer laptop, and look forward to many more years of use. they are very relaibale computers.  I love my Acer...

Build with Acer for its sound display and gaming.

from Elk Grove, CA

Acer Aspire 3003LCi

Mobile AMD Sempron procesor 3000+ ; 15.0" XGA TFT LCD ; 60GB HDD; DVD/CD-RW Combo; 512MB DDR; 802.11 b/g wireless LAN

Acer SignalUp: High-efficiency antenna technology;  Wi-Fi b/g:  Wireless Protocols compliant; Acer Arcade: Comprehensive multimedia suite; Acer eManager (Acer ePresentation, eRecovery and eSettings):  User-friendly control centre;   Acer Gridvista: Multi-screen solution.

The Aspire 3003LCi has been great for multimedia visual displaying and clear music listening.  Not enough umph for gaming though.  The Microsoft Windows 2007 suite holds up great uses for documanting and corresponds well with the features on the laptop.  The trusty wireless internet connection provides for hours of browsing and strong connectivity.  The hardware includes three usb portals,  one ethernet and one internet hardlines.  Out of a possible rating of one hundred,  I give the Aspire 3003LCi a solid eighty-eight.

Great speed, limited storage.

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

The Acer Aspire 3000 is a great, fast, reliable laptop that is super sensitive to wireless LAN connectivity. However, in some regions you require a password - you're lucky if you have it. However, though the Acer Aspire 3000 is fast, it has limited hard drive storage capabilities, leaving it at four times less information capacity than a certain Toshiba laptop (name unknown...). If you use a clean-up program such as Piriform CCleaner often, need a fast computer, and need high wireless LAN connection sensitivity, and are a person who doesn't usually do much downloading when using a computer or laptop, the Acer Aspire 3000 is probably the best laptop for you. Though not as broad as in Windows Vista concerning style and fashion, it still has a few cool knickknacks that let you customize everything from the taskbar to the desktop icons' size. All in all, the Acer Aspire 3000 is a very convenient and fast laptop, great for the occasional gamer or something of the such.

Compact and priced to please!

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

My son saved up his money from birthdays, Christmas, etc. for several years. He researched many types, brands and models. He compared price, features and warranties. He chose this one. I was impressed.

Gets the job done...slowly...

from Brookland, AR

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

I have had to keep it plugged in since day 1 because the battery runs down so fast.  It is very slow.  I use virus protection and spyware, all the stuff you are supposed to do to keep your computer in shape but nothing helps.  I only use this computer to check email and other small internet tasks and to type papers for classes.  I have no games or programs downloaded except for Microsoft Office, and the virus protection stuff.  This computer is slow and annoying, but at least it works.  I will definitley do more research before buying my next laptop!

I would buy another...

from fFayetteville, AR

Comments about Acer 3000 Notebook PC:

**Been a very good product to me....**

**had a warranty issue, it came back fixed....I liked that....**

**would recomend this as a "repeat buy"............................................................................................................................... **

**I would like to understand why the battery has such a short time span.......**

**..............................................................................................................**